Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TENNESSEE > Tennessee General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Tennessee General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Tennessee that do not fit into any other Tennessee sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 07-19-2017, 10:06 PM

Default Lawyers Maryville/Blount County Tenn.

Does anyone know any lawyers in the Maryville/Blount County Tennessee area, that are trustworthy and not to crazy expensive?
The Following User Says Thank You to Slimruckus For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-20-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2017, 07:05 PM
attorney

Thanked 21,865 Times in 7,617 Posts

for what purpose?
Old 07-21-2017, 06:22 AM

Robbery, theft of property, forgery.
Old 07-21-2017, 05:22 PM
Always Remembered

PTO Super Moderator Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,835 Times in 11,078 Posts

Slim, I've moved your question to the Tennessee forum, so people who actually know lawyers there might be able to help you.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:32 PM
attorney

Thanked 21,865 Times in 7,617 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimuay View Post
Slim, I've moved your question to the Tennessee forum, so people who actually know lawyers there might be able to help you.
I spent some time in Tennessee. One of the kids I fostered for about a year is now doing LWOP. He's out of Knox County. Knew a few people in Merryville, but my info may be a little dated though I do know a few people down there. I also know that most people think that there's a ton of corruption there, though I cannot speak to the validity of this.

My original question was aimed at what kind of legal help is needed - 1983? Trial leve?appellate level? Divorce? Each kind requires a different kind of lawyer.

Op narrows it a bit, but we still don't know if OP is talking about trial level or appellate level, or a hc
Old 07-22-2017, 03:18 AM

Sorry, but my answer is NO. I do not know of 1 other that David Raybin in Nashville that is worth it's piece of paper...He is THE BEST lawyer/liar/attorney in this HORRIFIC state... and worth every hundred dollar bill he WILL charge....HE is THE ONLY one who can make a difference----IF you can afford him... Everyone else is a suckup and FOR lock-ups... YEARSssssss of looking and searching have I done...
The Following User Says Thank You to Ib1/2 For This Useful Post:
Slimruckus (07-28-2017)
Old 07-23-2017, 11:02 AM

Thanks for the replys. Basically here is the situation my girl got a couple robbery charges in 2 different counties. One she got sentenced on they gave her 6 years at 30%. She has an open case in a different county and she's been down 26 months. And they won't serve her the warrents. I went to the courthouse and basically they said when she gets done with the time she is serving then will bring her here so they are trying to make her flatten her sentence and then take her back to court so they can send her back to state prison. She won't max that case till 2019. I tried to call the public defender's office and there is a conflict so they won't represent her. I'm not sure she can beat the case. So I think the best thing is just trying to get the best plea deal she can get and try and get it run concurrent with the time she has already done. But she can get a court date unless I can get a lawyer to put in a transport order or get a lawyer to get the warrents served. So that's the jist of it so that's why I'm trying to get a lawyer for her I can trust. I can see the corruption in tennessee''s law system it's unbelievable.