Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > INDIANA > Indiana Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Indiana Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Indiana.

Old 03-18-2014, 03:40 PM

Lightbulb Need info on Indiana New Castle Correctional Facility

I've not been able to find much on Indiana DOC facilities, so I decided to try this. My boyfriend was in RDC for 26 days and was placed at New Castle yesterday (pod K or Southside I'm told) by someone on the inside. I read through NCCF website and called to understand the visitation days/time limits, and I guess now I wait for my phone/visitation form in the mail from him. I sent email through Jpay including a stamp for him to email back, but I've not received anything. This is all that I know, ANY INFO or tips would be much appreciated. He & I were also wondering if certain programs actually reduce 1/3 of their sentence and what programs (besides GED) are the best to try for? Regarding phone & commissary, I am not sure how these work as I know it is much different than when he was in County Jail. Do I just send money through Jpay now or do I need to be on his people-list before I can send money? BTW, his offenses were D-felony (OUI/OWI charges), if that changes anything.
Thank you for your time!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2014, 06:13 PM

Thanked 1,065 Times in 514 Posts

To put money on you need to be on his visiting list . New Castle is a private for profit prison so some of the rules that apply for New Castle don't apply at the others but all have to be according to the state like time cut rules. For time cuts there can be waiting periods to get onto them so have him talk to the counselor and sign up as soon as he can. You can also go to the Indiana Dept of Corrections website and get a visitors request form yourself.
The Following User Says Thank You to tigrldy For This Useful Post:
JandA (03-21-2014)
Old 03-22-2014, 12:56 PM
Who Dat Mom

My son is also in New Castle, but he's in C building (or dorm?). I'm new at this too. I was able to email him and send money through jpay right away, but I'm guessing maybe it's because he listed me as his mother, next of kin, emergency contact person, or something like that. Have you tried to send money and been refused, or have you not tried because you're not on his list?

I've helped a couple of my son's friends set up jpay accounts, and I bought stamps for them to email him. I set up the accts using their email addresses, names, addresses, etc, but my credit card for stamps because they don't have a credit card. I know at least one friend has emailed him,and she was concerned about him because she hasn't heard back from him. It just occurred to me that it might be because she's not on his visitors list. I'll ask him whether he even got her email.. and let you know what I find out.

If you're on good terms with his "next of kin," maybe you can get them to send your boyfriend money for you until your visitation paperwork goes through...if that's what's keeping you from being able to send it. (I guess it would be ok to do that... hopefully, that wouldn't be breaking any rules..hmmm... Maybe I should look that up.)

Hang in there, and let me know if I can help you navigate New Castle. It might be the blind leading the blind, but I'll be happy to try.
JandA (03-29-2014)
Old 05-16-2014, 05:59 PM

My husband was moved to NCCF today. The inmate locator doesn't show the change yet but JPay did. I noticed, when clicking 'Preview' to view my letter to him, it lists NCFKK4 as the area he is in. Few questions, how long does it typically take for them to be able to access JPay? Does the prison need to set up an account for him? What has been your experience? How can I find out what area NCFKK4 is?
Old 10-10-2014, 08:50 AM

I'm gonna update this thread..
Just found out my boyfriend was sent to New Castle Level 1. Does anyone know how long it will take to hear from him, either by email or phone? It's been about 40 days since I've had any contact with him, so I'm very anxious.
I hear they go through orientation the first week they are there?

Also, what about JPay video visits? Do I have to be approved first for a video visit? JPay gives me the option of setting one up, I'm just curious if I had to be approved first.

Last edited by miche1e; 10-10-2014 at 09:37 AM..
Old 10-12-2014, 08:05 AM

Thanked 1,065 Times in 514 Posts

New Castle is a private prison. The basics may track with DOC but there are enough differences that it's hard to answer unless someone has actually had a loved one there. It's been awhile since I have seen someone here with information. Hopefully someone comes along son to help you. If not maybe you could post some updates for someone down the road.