Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WISCONSIN > Wisconsin General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wisconsin General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Wisconsin that do not fit into any other Wisconsin sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 08-05-2007, 05:55 PM

Unhappy Thank You And God Bless

Hello Judge, IWAS JUST LOOKING ON THE COMPUTER WHEN I FOUND THIS SITE. MY SON WAS SENT TO PRISON A YEAR AGO AND HAS BEEN A REAL NIGHTMARE. I CAN NOT BELIEVE HOW MESSED UP ARE CORRETIONAL SYSTEM IS. I AM SO GLAD TO SEE THAT SOMEONE BESIDES THE FAMILIES OF INMATES CARES ABOUT THEM. GOD BLESS YOU RITA

Last edited by kelow; 08-05-2007 at 06:51 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2007, 09:12 PM

Hello.. my name is Kristine and I have a fiance who will be transferred to Dodge more than likely in October. Currently he is sitting in the Outagamie County Jail. Also, does anyone know if there is a support system around the Appleton area for familes whose loved ones are within the system? I just moved here from the dells to be with my fiance and a month ago he was sent back to jail on a parole violation. Looks like he will be serving 3-4 yrs and I have absolutely NO FRIENDS here in this big city. The more I sit home by myself, the crazier I feeling. If there was some sort of support group for me, it would make the wait go by much faster and I would become much more sane. Thanks!
Old 09-07-2007, 11:47 AM

My name is Stephen and I am a former correctional officer, p&p agent and now a Police Chief in Wisconsin. I do believe in consiquences for law violations, but am in firm belief that Wisconsin needs to revamp it's policies and SOP in the correctional system, hence former correctional officer and p&p agent.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:40 PM

Hello everyone,
My name is Kristine, and I live north of Madison. I have a friend in a women's prison in Florida. I'm on PTO becuase I have never known anyone in prison, and I thought I'd try to get an idea of how she's living and what she's going through. Also, we are adopting her baby, so because of that, we sort of have a connection of more than just 'friends'. I also read on the Florida regional boards as well.
God bless,
Kristine *Ü*
Old 10-10-2007, 07:26 PM

Hello, My name is Becky I am currently attending UW-Stevens Point but am originally from Kenosha where my boyfriend was just sentenced a year and a half and is being transferred to Dodge in a couple of weeks im guessing. Im kind of new to this so I thought I would come on here so i didnt feel so alone so far its working. looking foward to hearing some of your stories
Old 10-22-2007, 05:49 PM

Hello all, my son was just transferred to Dodge Correctional Institution. He will be waiting to get into the boot camp program. He is 21 and was sentenced to two years in a min. sec. for messing up his probation. Would love to connect with any and all moms in the same situation. This is hard!!!
Old 10-28-2007, 01:49 AM

hello i'm margie. my husband is at redgranite correctional. i jumped on the bandwagon to see if anyone had any abuse stories, because when i ask him about it, he says he is okay and no one is bothering him. however, i keep reading the horror stories. if anyone knows what goes on at redgranite, please let me know. i am glad about this forum and all the support that is given. thank you
Old 11-18-2007, 12:18 PM

Whoa...your story sounds like mine. I, too, have had been the subject of many civilian "Violations" while visiting my guy. It is a long story but I thought we could talk about the wrongdoings of the DOC. [email address removed per PTO policy]

Last edited by Crone; 11-18-2007 at 07:41 PM..
Old 11-21-2007, 10:53 PM

Well...everyone...i'm back...

been a couple of years but here i am again...

that means that papi is getting revoked. Yep...he screwed up and is looking at anywhere from 14 months to 3 years....need some prayers and need some support....

here we go again!

Old 11-21-2007, 10:54 PM

well...here i am again

papi is getting revoked and looking at anywhere from 14 months to 3 years.

could use some prayers and use some support

here we go again....

Old 11-27-2007, 10:57 PM

Hi! My name is Beth and my hubby was revoked in August, 2007. He will be a 'guest of the state' until January, 2008. He has been in and out a few times, mostly due to bi polar issues. Anyone else having these issues? I found an advocacy group for inmates. The WI Coalition for Advocacy. 1 800 928-8778. Hope it will be of help to some of you. Keep th Faith!!
Old 12-11-2007, 11:39 AM

Im pretty new to all this so here it goes....my name is Kayla I live in green bay, my boyfriend will be going to prison for atleast 2 years hes just awaiting his sentance, he leaves for Dodge in about 3 weeks. If anyone has any advice that can help me get through this......that would be great
Old 12-11-2007, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaMarie007
Im pretty new to all this so here it goes....my name is Kayla I live in green bay, my boyfriend will be going to prison for atleast 2 years hes just awaiting his sentance, he leaves for Dodge in about 3 weeks. If anyone has any advice that can help me get through this......that would be great
Welcome to PTO!

He'll be home by June of 08' the latest!
Old 01-24-2008, 12:18 AM

HI I'm new to the WI section of PTO. I'm usually in the CA threads because my fiance is in california serving about 6 1/2 more months of a 1 yr stint. I moved here soon after he got sentenced and we are hoping that he'll be able to parole to here. I'm wondering if anyone has info on paroling in Outagamie County. i live near Appleton and want to contact the local parole office and get some info from them but i don't want to seem like an idiot. I'm very at ease with California policy but have no knowledge of Wisconsin's. So like I said any info would be appritiated. If anyone has any knowledge on the Interstate Compact Agreement I'd like that too. I know that i'm just gonna have to suck it up and call but that scares me Thanks
Old 01-27-2008, 02:43 AM

Hi, I am new to this site, just trying to figure it out and if i am going to like it. My guy is in Columbia Correctional in Portage. we have been doing 8 years. Things are getting a bit intense with us as I moved to Arizona and he gets out in april. I love him with all my heart i just wonder what is gonna happen.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:47 PM

Hi, I'm new to this website too. My fiancee is in Kettle Moraine and he's transferred twice so far and been in prison for a year now. He'll be in prison (hoping he can transfer closer to home soon) for 2 more years plus the INS prison will be an additional wait. We have a 3 yr old girl and have been together for almost 5 years. Last year (the year he went to prison) was very, very difficult for me. I literally didn't want to go anywhere (besides work and school) and just wanted to stay home. I didn't even want to talk to my family because they wouldn't understand me. So, I was really depressed but because of my faith in God, I knew that I had to be strong (so was my fiancee) for our family and keep pressing on. After about 10 months of not going anywhere, I finally decided to hang out with my friends. It felt very good to not think too much but I couldn't help it at times. I met several guys (only casually) and made some stupid mistakes (which I would never tell my fiancee while he's in prison for fear he'll seriously go whacko, though I wouldn't blame him). Now, I finally made the decision to be with him because we're a family and I know that I will never meet anyone like him. We have established a loving foundation and I would never want to rebuild that with anyone. I am soooo remorseful for cheating on him (only one person knows this) but I was also wavering in our love at the time. He has been in and out of jail several times during our relationship and I still CANNOT believe that I STILL stayed with him...Ugh! Since the birth of our daughter though, he changed his criminal ways and became more responsible (I still think he needs to grow up more) so things were going good until his past caught up with him. That's the reason why he's in there. I needed to get all these words off my chest and am very happy to do it here where I know I'm not alone. I have read many encouraging stories here and they all inspired me to never give up! Thanks.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:55 PM
Closed

Hi All, I am in CA but my concerns are in the WI prison system. I came looking for any info on WI prisons since I found my exBF from 40 years ago is in for 40+ years. His son and brother are also in, the son is in the Supermax which sounds horrendous.

I haven't contacted any of them yet, don't know if it's a good idea or not. I would welcome any advice , pro's, con's of starting a quasi-relationship again.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:57 AM
lovekacee

Default New!

Hi all! I am new to this site and I have a friend who is in Waupun Correctional Institute. He has been in for four years and will potentially be out at the end of this year with the Earned Release Program. I found this site looking for information about mail and I'm so glad I found it!
Old 03-17-2008, 01:15 PM

Hi I live in Central Wi. and my man was sent to Waupaun last month. Still no word from him, but I have sent him letters.
anyone with a loved one in Waupun? would enjoy chatting with you

Doc's Lil bit
Old 03-17-2008, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbit64
Hi I live in Central Wi. and my man was sent to Waupaun last month. Still no word from him, but I have sent him letters.
anyone with a loved one in Waupun? would enjoy chatting with you

Doc's Lil bit
Welcome to PTO Lilbit!

He'll be home by June of 08' the latest!
Old 03-17-2008, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarafina
Welcome to PTO Lilbit!
My man just got sent to Dodge in Waupun. He has been in and out since he was 18yr. old and he is 28. So I have a lot of experiance with a lot of prisons around wisconsin. I'm hoping he gets transfered to Fox Lake again because it's close, but I don't care much for that prison. Hope to here from you.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:11 PM

Default Hello Packer Fans!

Hi. I'm usually in the TX forum but decided to stop by and say hello to all of you. We lived in WI from '94 to '96 and LOVED it. My son started to get in trouble when we came to TX and, well, he got home from prison on March 5. He stayed for 15 months as a guest of The Lone Star state. It is his wish to someday, after his parole is over, to return to WI to work and live.

Y'all take care.

Diane, Dusty's Mom

It's so quiet here; stop by the TX forum sometime. We'd be happy to have you.
Old 04-12-2008, 11:45 AM
Waiting

My name is Patti and my fiancee is currently in Rock County waiting to go to Dodge then who knows where. He just learned that he has to serve 21 months! He has been in the county for three months so far. I live in Southern Wisconsin and am a nurse. I miss him so much and look forward to every visit, letter and phone call. I do not know what is in store for us visit wise he says that once he is moved to Dodge that it is worse for awhile less phone calls and visits (maybe none) until he is moved. It is a comfort to be able to read how other people are dealing with this and find answers to all the questions. We are going to try and get married before he is moved we have three weeks to try and get it done. Pray that it happens for us.
Old 06-21-2008, 08:56 AM

Default Sort of new to this

Hi everyone, I'm sort of new to this prison thing. My boyfriend is In Dodge @ this time. He is waiting to go to either Stanley or New Lisbon. We aren't sure how long he will be gone. He is sitting out a probation revocation, and awaiting sentencing on a new charge. We have been friends for almost 20 years, poppping in and out of each others lives, we finally made the decision to see if we could be together. I am wondering does anyone know where a nice, inexpensive motel/hotel is in either New Lisbon or Stanley. Thanks
Old 10-18-2008, 03:40 AM

Default Always Reading finally start replying!

Hi, pretty new to this i always check up and read stories whenever i can they help me get through things knowing other people have gone through the same situations. I live in Stevens Point Wiscosin and My boyfriend just got transfered to Stanley from Dodge. He went in around June and wont be out till early summer, but i guess it could have been a lot worse and judging by everyone elses experiances i give you all respect and would like to say that each and everyone of you are amazing people for what you do. Hope to hear from anyone who has someone in stanley! it'd be nice to start acutally speaking to people on here! thanks!