Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WISCONSIN > Wisconsin General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wisconsin General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Wisconsin that do not fit into any other Wisconsin sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 11-01-2004, 01:24 AM

Hi everyone! I just joined PTO today. I'm an accountant in Milwaukee. My guy is Fox Lake and I'm new to all this prison stuff. He has 2 more years and this is so hard to deal with. I'm so excited to have a resource like this to turn to!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2004, 09:37 PM

Hello. I wish I had known about this board years ago. My husband is in New Lisbon, which you may know is under total lockdown right now. We originally met and were married in Tennessee, where he spent four years. He came back to Wisconsin three years ago, to Fox Lake. At the end of June, he was transfered to New Lisbon. I travel to see him most Fridays and stay over night to visit again on Saturday. Winters are the worst, because road conditions bother him. I had a very scary accident 3 1/2 years ago and since then he isn't happy when the weather is bad. Neither am I, but I'd rather be with him than waiting in Milwaukee. He's been in 17 years, with another 3 to go, if they won't let him go on parole. He's up for it in February, and I could use advice on what might work with them.
Old 11-16-2004, 09:41 AM

Default Intro

My name is Jenn, I have known my friend for over 20 years. He was sentenced in 2000 to 10 years. He has been through Waupun, Jackson, Duluth, Appleton, Prairie du Chien, and now Stanley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenny
I got this idea from another Forum Leader. So here it goes:
My name is Wendy I'm married to an inmate at Waupun Correctional Institution. He has been gone for a year and a half. We have been married going on 4 years. We share a daughter and I have 2 boys from before him. I work as a nurse's assistant.(trust me not a fun job) I live in Fond du Lac.

So tell me a little about you.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:16 AM
Waiting on my soulmate

Hi! My name is Michelle we live in Appleton and my fiance is in Waupon correctional, we have 7yrs before he comes home to our newborn son and my two older kids. Our love will keep us together...found my mircale when I found him...

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
Old 12-07-2004, 11:37 AM

hello, my name is mel...my man is at stanley correctional...he has a year and a half to do there and then another year and a half to do in colorado. he was in oklahoma for 2 and a half years because they sent so many out of state as there isnt room for them all here....i moved to oklahoma for a year, but came back when our visits got terminated....now we have our visits back and i see him almost every weekend...except now they are on lockdown and he doesnt want me to come until its over...when the hello that will be is beyond me...im still not sure why they are locked down...i live in appleton, wi...and was curious if anyone else goes to stanley and may live in the area of the fox valley and may be interested in ride sharing to stanley....
Old 01-07-2005, 08:32 PM

Hi, my name is Shannon, and my husband is in RCI, he was in Dodge and Fox Lake. I live in Milwaukee. We have been married for 1 1/2 years and we have a beautiful 23 month old little boy. He has been gone for almost 2 years and has about 2 years to go. I miss him with every beat of my heart. We have been together for 7 years.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:26 PM

My name is Donna I live in Valencia, CA,
My soul mate is currently in Stanley, he has been there now for 2 years he has 9 years left. my heart breaks as I write this. If anyone has any info on Stanley I would love to know more about this facility.
How to go about visiting to sending money etc??
Old 02-15-2005, 02:01 PM

Hi My Name Is Sarah And I'm New To This But Here It Goes! My Anniversary Is Thursday(2 Long Years) And My Husband Is At New Lisbon Correctional Institution. He's Been Gone 8 Months(seems Like Forever) And Doesn't Come Home Untill 2007! I'm In Milwaukee And I Am Afraid I'm Not Going To Be Able To Visit! Right Now Everything Is Rocky And I'm Just Scared!
Old 02-16-2005, 03:49 AM

Welcome to PTO, Sarah, and congratulations on your anniversary tomorrow! Here you can find people who understand and can offer support.
I am not new to PTO but I am new to Wisconsin, having sent someone in Waupun a birthdaycard in January, and having received a nice letter from him. My Lifer Friend is a far far distant relative of this man.
Abelle
Old 03-08-2005, 11:35 PM
waitning for my baby

hello everyone. well i posted earlier and at that time my baby was in minnasota and he has been sent home. he is in fox lake right now. we are hoping that we get good news this month and he will get minimum and he sees parole again in sept. so hopefully he will get some love and he will be home soon.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:29 AM

hello everyone, My man's currently in RCI. he's been in for 2 years and has 2 more to go he get released in 2007. but he's been to waupan, dodge,jackson,BRF. I can't wait for him to come home to me! we are thinking about getting married right when he gets out.

Old 03-14-2005, 06:33 PM

Default baby daddy in eau claire county jail

My name is Lisa. I don't know who all heard about the home invasion in Eau Claire in January, but unfortunately, my son's father was involved. He is currently facing 9 FELONY CHARGES! I live in Minnesota, and have no idea what is going on. I don't know how Wisconsin works and I am afraid that he is gone for a LONG time! We have a 19 month old son together-that he adores. He is sitting in Eau Claire county jail and the phone calls are $17 a piece. I honestly don't know what to do. I know that he will be gone for awhile, but
my heart doesnt want to let go. On the flip side, I'm not trying to hold on
to a man in prison for the next 10 years. If anyone has heard about this case-please email me Email was removed by Forum Leader do to no email address policy or also email me for support. Thank you.

Last edited by Wenny; 03-21-2005 at 11:22 PM..
Old 03-19-2005, 11:37 AM

Hello to everyone, my name is Marilyn. I am an illustrator for children's picture books. My son was just sentenced for 3 years in prison. I did get some good news though, our lawyer said that my son will most likely be transferred to a facility other than Waupun and this facility will be a little better.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:55 AM
Dusti

Default Milwaukee

Hi everybody, while my baby's incarcerated down in Florida, I live up here in Milwaukee, WI. He'll be there for quite a while yet, it makes me so sad. If there's anyone who lives by me and is interested in chatting or even meeting for emotional support, please pm me.
Old 04-09-2005, 02:03 PM

Hi everyone, I'm brand new to PTO but am looking so forward to talking with everyone. My guy is in Gordon Correctional Center and prior to that KMC. He was sentenced to 4years for his 6th DUI and escape (he didnt show up for the sentencing on the 5th charge and when they nailed him for his 6th they got him for escape) He served 2 years at KMC and went to Gordon November of 04. He was sentenced under the Truth in Sentencing laws so he recently appealed for his 25% off and was denied. We are hoping that the rumors end up being true about the laws changing making it automatic for non violent offenders to get their 25% off which would put him out in the fall. We have a long history, going back 25 years. We dated in highschool and wanted to get married but broke up because of family issues etc. I have maintained contact with his family throughout the years and in January of 04 he and I started writing and ultimately fell back in love. We were each others first loves and look at us now! Hes a terrific guy and between us we have 4 children. I have 2 girls and a boy ages 19, 10, and 8 and he has a 12 year old daughter that spends time with us. I am a full time student majoring in Social Work and have a daughter in the Marine Corps leaving for Japan next week. Wow I'm sorry, Ive just gone on and on havent I? Well heres to getting to know some new friends, We all sure can use all the support we can get.
Old 04-19-2005, 05:09 PM

My name is Lisa, and I now live in Tampa, Florida, but am originally from Racine and then I lived in Neenah for about 5 years, before moving down here. My baby is in Oshkosh Correctional. That is actually where I met him when I was working as a C.O. there. He has been back in for a little over 2 years on a parole revoke....stupid stuff, but he should be out this year because they owe him a sentence credit, and if granted, would have put him out already. We have an attorney working on it as we speak. His MR is January, 2006, so no matter what happens, he will be home then.

I work as an office manager at a forensic architecture firm in Clearwater. Love the job, love the weather, love the beach, miss my baby terribly.

Lisa
Old 04-23-2005, 09:29 PM

Angry

I'm new at this prison stuff. My brother is in Dodge so I haven't got to see him for a few months. We're hoping he'll be transferred soon; preferably to Jackson. His sentencing came as a complete surprise to my family. His PSI officer told my parents that she was recommending 6-8 months in a county jail. But the judge gave him 4 years in prison. I still haven't been able to adjust to that. Needless to say, my family has lost our faith in the justice system. He has left behind a 2 year old son and a wife with brain cancer & partial paralysis, neither of which was taken into consideration. I'll end my tirade now or I'll go on forever. I'm upset.

Last edited by stacia_angel; 04-23-2005 at 09:30 PM..
Old 06-06-2005, 10:03 PM
Eagles fan

welcome all you newer folks
Old 07-10-2005, 07:55 PM
Waitin4MiPapi

Default Kmc

My fiance is currently in Kettle Moraine he has been there for only about 3 weeks so far, was moved from Waupun, so it's alot better, not that prison is any better than home but we deal, he has been down for a little over a year and we have 6 more to go. i live in appleton and were soon looking to get married while he is at kmc. nice to meet everyone
Old 07-10-2005, 10:39 PM
Lonely wife

Hi everyone. My name is Kerry, and I live in Port Washington. My husband was just given a 13 year sentence on July 1st, 2005. He is in Brown County Jail awaiting transfer to Dodge, and we are both absolutely miserable. We had a baby girl in March of 2005, she is 4 months old now, and he only got to spend the first 7 weeks with her. We can't wait until he gets to Dodge so he can at least hold her, all visits now are still behind glass. I'm looking for information about Dodge, I've called there and found out some, but any other information that anyone feels would be helpful would be appreciated. Please send me a message.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:38 AM

i live in fond du lac and my man is locked up in oshkosh correctional and he still has 7 years and 7 months left......hoping to find a way to help him get out a little sooner then that.....any suggestions???.........
Old 07-23-2005, 06:34 AM
The sun still rises.

Old 07-23-2005, 06:41 AM
The sun still rises.

Hi... My name is Stacey. I'm from St.Cloud,Wi. I die cast in an aluminum foundry in Sheboygan. My husband is 2 months into his 3 year "tour". He is still in Dodge going through A&E. I'm hoping he will be moved somewhere close. We've been together for 8 years, married for one. No childeren, but we have 3 beautiful dogs- a rottweiler and 2 cane corsos.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:38 PM
cm&sk

hello everyone ...my name is choua moua and my boyfriend is Siong Kong. He's locked up in Jackson correctional. he might be getting out soon..and we are thinking about getting married!
Old 08-07-2005, 01:47 AM
Breanna & Lewis

I don't know whats happening in your situation but I just want to say my heart and prayers go out to you. My boyfriend just went to jail on 4 felony charges and has yet to be sentenced he's looking at 10-15 but the case has some holes in it. My mind says let go and my heart says no. I know inside that we're looking at a long time (I say we because I feel like I'm doing time as well!) but inside me there is still such hope that we'll get a miracle. I pray for your strength and sanity cause I know it's hard especially since he's the father of your child. The calls are outrageous and the visits aren't enough. It hurts really bad and it's so unfair to the loved one's involved. We didn't ask for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siahsmommy
My name is Lisa. I don't know who all heard about the home invasion in Eau Claire in January, but unfortunately, my son's father was involved. He is currently facing 9 FELONY CHARGES! I live in Minnesota, and have no idea what is going on. I don't know how Wisconsin works and I am afraid that he is gone for a LONG time! We have a 19 month old son together-that he adores. He is sitting in Eau Claire county jail and the phone calls are $17 a piece. I honestly don't know what to do. I know that he will be gone for awhile, but
my heart doesnt want to let go. On the flip side, I'm not trying to hold on
to a man in prison for the next 10 years. If anyone has heard about this case-please email me Email was removed by Forum Leader do to no email address policy or also email me for support. Thank you.

~I see you for who you are, not what you did..~

#13 member loving my inmate club