Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: Holidays/ Winter Easy or Hard?
Thanksgiving is Easy 6 12.77%
Christmas Time is Easy 4 8.51%
New Year's is Easy 5 10.64%
Winter Time is Easy 3 6.38%
Every Day is the same/ Don't celebrate any 7 14.89%
Thanksgiving is Difficult 15 31.91%
Christmas Time is Difficult 28 59.57%
New Year's is Difficult 18 38.30%
Winter Time is Difficult 20 42.55%
A different Holiday/ Season is difficult... (Which?) 9 19.15%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2007, 10:21 AM
5 yrs of infidelity&drugs
Donation Award 

Question Holidays & Winter- A Good thing or Bad thing?

Hi ladies.

The holiday season is upon us (especially according to Wal-Mart) but the time will soon come for cooler weather, more time inside being bundled up, Thanksgiving/ Family Food Time, Christmas/ Holiday Season and New Years/ 2008.

Are these times for celebration for you or are they hard times?

Do you and your man, SO, hubby, bf... exchange all sorts of goodies, packages, $, 'gifts' or is it a time of added stress?

They SUCK! for me, regarding hubby, but kid and I have a great time with the food and gifts. I suppose a new year is another milestone closer... but man! These times are hard for me.
ey hard?
Chilly nights... cuddling up in my flannel sheets and- well, just the sheets. Ho hum. Bah humbug?

Battman has been home about three years...
OFF PAROLE IN 4 DAYS 12/21/11!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2007, 11:00 AM
1 love....1 God

they are a little of both, i celebrate with the kids and family and we have a great time,as for me and the husband well i think the stress starts end of september (the girls and myself have our bithdaysin october) and last till end of feb.the stress of not being with him for some reason this year is causing many problems for us, i'm about ready to call it quits and just walk away. anytime we have a problem we fix it emediatly this one seems to possibly be unfixable. but anyways the holiday season is great.

I am the author of my life and unfortunatly im writting in pen and cant erase my errors

SAVE A LIFE DONT DRINK AND DRIVE

Justice is only served when the one whom injustice was done to is satisfied
Old 10-22-2007, 11:28 AM
No Longer His Prisoner

This is my first holiday season being in love with someone I cannot be with. Winter is my favorite time of year. I'm having a hard-enough time being without him now, I can only imagine what the holidays are going to be like. But the good thing is that we both have supportive families of our relationship, so I'll be submerged in family, but it just won't be the same without him .
Old 10-22-2007, 11:30 AM

I think the winter is hard in general, you dont have no one to snuggle with. Christmas is hard and new years for obvious reasons and especially Valentine's day!
Old 10-22-2007, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.battsiii
Chilly nights... cuddling up in my flannel sheets and- well, just the sheets. Ho hum. Bah humbug?
Girl....What part of Arizona are you in? hahaha, I dont ever recall chilly nights here even in the winter...

This will be our 4th year our 4th and final year!!! These past ones have been ho hum. If it wasnt for my mom, she always made the holidays bearable with him being gone and now she has passed . Dad is moving out to California with my sister so this year is going to be sort of Bah Humbug.

After 4.5 years...We made it... Feb 11th 2008- I have no clue where I am going from here

Old 10-22-2007, 11:14 PM

I would have to say that the holiday time is a hard time for me. It was really cold here today and i wrote my sweetie and told him that this was couple weather. I wanted to cuddle with him and be up under him so bad. I hope that the winter and the holidays go by really really really fast.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:22 PM
6 years strong....and on

the whole damn year is difficult, every day till my baby comes home is difficult to me

Old 10-22-2007, 11:25 PM
Donation Award 

Arrow southern AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheSimpsons
Girl....What part of Arizona are you in? hahaha, I dont ever recall chilly nights here even in the winter...

This will be our 4th year our 4th and final year!!! These past ones have been ho hum. If it wasnt for my mom, she always made the holidays bearable with him being gone and now she has passed . Dad is moving out to California with my sister so this year is going to be sort of Bah Humbug.

it snowed last year in tucson! kid and i drove out to be in it and take pictures of the palms with snow on them... school was cancelled for a day for the first time in 25 years i think my driver told me... it's going to be in the high 40s tonight- and it isn't even dec yet! i used to live in phoenix off ofcamelback and 7th ave... it gets chilly, it's brief, but it happens! it's so hot always~ it's easy to forget.

hope you make it through okay this year.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:56 PM

I'm tryin not to think about the holidays....wouldn't even celebrate if it weren't for my 3 beautiful kids...

They Sent Him Back to The County!!!!
Old 10-23-2007, 01:11 AM

Fortunately, he will be home in just over two weeks and I will be able to have him wit me for the holidays.
We had just started talking before the holidays last year, and were together for the latter half of the winter.
It is already pretty chilly here though and I'm missing him so much and would love it if he was here to cuddle with...not many more lonely nights though and I'm glad.
I wish he would have been here for the summer, but its so much easier to get out and hang out with friends and do stuff then to keep your mind off it. Personally I think its easier to get lonely during the winter.
Keep your heads up ladies youll be one winter closer to having him home.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:37 AM
He's home!!

I was hoping that my guy would be home before Christmas but that looks like it's out the window now so this will be our first Christmas together... but not together. I hate winter with a passion!!!! Some of you southern state ladies need to come up here to experience a Canadian winter. We had one storm last year that left snow so deep it was up past the car door handles. It's only the end of October and my daughter got on the school bus this morning in the dark. I used to love Christmas but I've found that the past 4 since I've been a single mother I could have done without. Just the stress of affording it all. Last year the kids spent the entire holidays with their dad so I didn't even bother putting up a tree or decorating. I think the same thing is going to happen this year too.

Last edited by dancinggal; 10-23-2007 at 08:40 AM..
Old 10-24-2007, 10:49 AM

Christmas has to be the toughest because of our daughter. I watch her enjoy the holidays and I wish he were here to see her or he'll write and say he wishes he were with us to see her open presents. I have three other kids besides our daughter so I enjoy them because of them but I miss him most between Thanksgivibng and New Year's. The whole season I guess and it doesn't help that his birthday falls on the 30th of December either! UGH!!!!
Old 10-24-2007, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinggal
Some of you southern state ladies need to come up here to experience a Canadian winter. We had one storm last year that left snow so deep it was up past the car door handles.
No thanks, I will take the tumbleweed snowmans any day

After 4.5 years...We made it... Feb 11th 2008- I have no clue where I am going from here

Old 10-24-2007, 11:14 AM
HizLv
Donation Award 

Christmas is the #1 hardest- I know he would have so much fun wraping gifts for the kids.

Thanksgiving would be the next- My man Loves to eat and spend time with the family

New years would follow- I miss My New years kiss

And Valentine's is another good 1
Old 10-24-2007, 11:46 AM

This is going to be a tough year because we got spoiled last winter he was in a county jail for 3 months awaiting addittional charges caught while in prison. We spent hours on the phone and I got to see him 5 days before xmas for the trial for 2 days. We have a tradition though on every Holiday when I have finished my family duties.......I go into our bedroom, play songs that are special to us, put on one of his old tshirts(sprayed with his cologne) and spend time reading a special letter he has sent especially to be read on that day. He has a tape I have made just for that day. I cry tears of loss, lonliness and of joy all at the same time. And in the end I thank god that we have endured one more year and I am one more year closer to bringing him home.

Last edited by Tre's Treasure; 10-24-2007 at 11:47 AM..
Old 10-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheSimpsons
No thanks, I will take the tumbleweed snowmans any day
I was IN Tucson when it snowed last January....I was told that I had brought it with me from Toronto. I kept the front page of the paper "Snow Paralyzes Tucson". When I brought the paper back to work, people just howled with laughter...we sweep that much snow away with a broom!

The holidays will be relatively easy....he's a Celtic Pagan, so doesn't "celebrate" Christmas, other than to humour me because I am a Christmas Queen!

Last edited by 13MmeHomard13; 10-24-2007 at 11:56 AM..
Old 10-24-2007, 11:59 AM

This will be my husbands second christmas in prison and it's the worst feeling ever not to say winter depresses me period makes me so sad, and missing him gets harder don't get me wrong i love the season especially because if my religious up bringing, but it's the time to love and spend with the people that you love the most and my man is not here so it gets me down even if my kids are there i feel like were missing a huge part if us and our lives... i hope this year gets better i pray to god it does..
Old 10-24-2007, 12:49 PM

The holidays are hard on him, so I really step it up toward the end of each year - lots of letters, cards, etc... I'm ok for the most part, but knowing he's trying to sleep through it is so sad to me...
Old 10-24-2007, 01:00 PM

It has been many years since I celebrated any holiday ,not because of my husband ,it was just that way. Once the kids grew up and I moved away for awhile from grandkids, there was no reason for celebration ( or so I felt)
I love fall and winter and used to love the holidays.. I think this year really might be pretty good. My son who is in the army will be home, my oldest son is here and my daughter and her kids.. My husband has never been a holiday sort of person, (until we got together) he said he really never got into it. So it will be just like he is home LOL Though I must say that I really will miss him.

Last edited by lilithinwaiting; 10-24-2007 at 01:04 PM..
Old 10-24-2007, 04:07 PM
He's home!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13MmeHomard13
I kept the front page of the paper "Snow Paralyzes Tucson". When I brought the paper back to work, people just howled with laughter...we sweep that much snow away with a broom!
ROFLMAO...Isn't that the truth!!!
Old 10-24-2007, 05:48 PM
getting close!

It's not more difficult for me really. I know its all about family and everything, but I miss him everyday...special days don't make it worse. I jump into Christmas full-force because my son deserves as much happiness and joy as any other kid and I'll be damned if this is going to take that away from him!
Old 11-04-2007, 12:50 PM
Donation Award 

Default beautiful

that's beautiful... what you do. before i found PTO i thought i was the only one who did the cologne on shirt thing!!!!

but what a great idea... the letter for that day. i have done that for him (don't open until...) but we haven't thought about it the other way around... except on our wedding day. he did mail me a card and letter and said do not open until after and i am back at hotel...

but i like that for holidays!

Old 11-04-2007, 07:48 PM
Donation Award 

for me thanksgiving is going to be the hardest because my husband will be home for the rest

***My Husband is home and I am loving almost every second of it!!!***
Old 11-04-2007, 08:23 PM

I am NOT looking forward to Christmas at all. The kids and our families are going to make it bearable but even just thinking about not having him here - and it will be 2 Christmas' for us before he comes home. 2 Thanksgivings, 2 New Years Eves, 2 Valentines, 2 winters. But only one of my birthdays!!! He will be released about a week before my birthday and that will be my best birthday present ever!
Old 11-04-2007, 10:04 PM
Randy, My Dream Come True

This will be my first holiday season with out my husband. I wish I could just sleep my way through it. I have my kids and family to help me through this hard time. We've missed our 4th wedding Ann* daughters birthday, his birthday and soon the Holiday season and new years eve ouch.