Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TENNESSEE > Tennessee General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Tennessee General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Tennessee that do not fit into any other Tennessee sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 12:08 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Thanked 4,527 Times in 1,245 Posts
Exclamation Welcome to the Tennessee Forum!

Greetings & salutations!

I'm Lysbeth and I'm the moderator of the Tennessee forum here on PTO. This forum is a place to share issues and information related to the prisons and legal system in Tennessee.

If you have discussion topics or need information specific to the State of Tennessee, this is the place to speak up or ask questions! General discussion is also encouraged as long as it is specific to Tennessee.

I have lived in Tennessee my entire life (and in all three Grand Divisions – West, Middle and East) and, although my personal dealings with the prison system in recent years have mostly been in Alabama where my significant other is currently incarcerated, I have some experience with the Tennessee prison and legal system as well. My stepbrother is currently incarcerated at the Middle Tennessee Correctional Complex in Nashville, and my former brother-in-law was incarcerated at Northwest Correctional Complex in Tiptonville for much of the late 1980s/early 1990s – I even personally participated in his final and successful parole hearing. Another family member was incarcerated at the Federal facility in Millington for much of the ‘90s. In addition, I have had several close friends and another family member within the Shelby County system (both 201 Poplar and the Penal Farm) at various times over the years.

I am extremely familiar with the available online information resources of many Tennessee agencies, including the Tennessee Department of Correction and the Tennessee Board of Probation and Parole, as well as many other state, county and other local agencies (and am particularly well-versed in Memphis/Shelby County issues and information resources as well). Please feel free to post any questions or concerns you have – if I or someone else here doesn’t know the answer, we can probably find the phone number or website of someone who will!!

Even if you’ve already introduced yourself to all of PTO, if you’re a Tennessean or have an incarcerated loved one in Tennessee, please take a moment to introduce yourself here! And please let me know if I can be of any assistance to you, I’m happy to help!

Welcome to the Tennessee forum – we’re glad to have you here!

Lys

Last edited by Lysbeth; 06-26-2003 at 12:17 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lysbeth For This Useful Post:
Freebird Smith (01-04-2009), Janet Lynn (08-24-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2004, 08:18 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Thanked 4,527 Times in 1,245 Posts

Just wanted to announce that the Tennessee has a new Forum Leader that will be here helping in the forum - CINDYinIN!

Cindy has been around here for a long while and is much more familiar than I am with the current state of the Tennessee prison system, and I know she is just going to be a fabulous addition here!

It's also a good thing she is coming aboard now as I am about to invite about 50-60 new people who are dealing with Tennessee onto PTO, so things may get a little more active around here real soon...

Please let Cindy or I know if we can be of any assistance to you!
Old 10-10-2004, 07:59 PM

Hello Tennesseans!

I am Cindy, your new Forum Leader. I have been a member of PTO for about a year and have found it to be a wonderful source of support and information. I am in Indiana, but my brother has been incarcerated in Tennessee since September 2003. This is my first experience with the prison system, so I still have a lot to learn. I will be happy to share any information, ideas or support to anyone who needs some help.

In the next few days, I will be adding information about the prisons in Tennessee as well as links to the Department of Corrections policies and procedures. Although many of you may already be familiar with the "rules" at your loved one's prison, I do hope that the information will be useful to some of you.

I have noticed that lately there has not been much posting going on in the Tennessee forum. I'd like to change that. Please feel free to share your comments and ideas to liven up this quiet little forum!