Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Criminal Legal Help!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Criminal Legal Help! Ask questions, get opinions, and find resources on dealing with criminal justice legal issues, appeals, and more..

Old 03-08-2019, 12:40 AM

Default I feel he's covering for someone

I've been up for a couple of days now so I thought I'll ask for advice or opinions. My love has been charged with capital punishment & he's been down about 9yrs. I talked to his God mother about his case because he doesn't really want to talk to me about it but after talking to her I really feel like he's covering up or taking this charge for someone else. I wanted to talk to some lawyers to see if they can help but since he's been down for so long idk if this will help. Maybe someone can give me some advice & thanx in advance
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2019, 06:40 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,335 Times in 12,867 Posts

If he won't assist in your efforts, it will make a very difficult quest even harder. My non-lawyer advice is to develop evidence and then submit it to a law school's innocence project.
Old 03-08-2019, 08:17 AM

Thank you & I'll look it up. Next time I see him I will ask him to really break it down for me cause I dont want to do too much talking about it over the phone
Old 03-08-2019, 08:40 AM

Are you able to get trial transcripts ? Just a though as would give you the chance to read through and have a better idea.
Old 03-08-2019, 08:44 AM

Idk maybe I would have to Google how to do that & thank you for the advice. Dating someone one death row is a different experience
Old 03-08-2019, 09:18 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,463 Times in 1,857 Posts

Just looking from afar... if he really did cover up for someone it was obviously his decision. I mean death row is something none will choose freely, it's hell and back on a daily basis I believe (can only assume).
If he was "forced" he should speak up but to prove something like that must be really difficult.
Of course I have no insight into his case/situation but who would risk being put on death row?
Patrickj (03-08-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 11:42 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,554 Times in 1,123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug98 View Post
I've been up for a couple of days now so I thought I'll ask for advice or opinions. My love has been charged with capital punishment & he's been down about 9yrs. I talked to his God mother about his case because he doesn't really want to talk to me about it but after talking to her I really feel like he's covering up or taking this charge for someone else. I wanted to talk to some lawyers to see if they can help but since he's been down for so long idk if this will help. Maybe someone can give me some advice & thanx in advance

If he doesn't want to discuss the detail of his situation. Leave it alone. You can not do anything if he doesn't want to pursue the matter.
He has his reasons for not giving you the full details. What relatives know and say about these type of things. Well most of the times they believe what they have been told or what they want to believe.
I have worked on numerous criminal appeals. The families of the accused tells me one thing and the record(s) of the case say something 100%different. The accused doesn't want the family to know more then they have already been told
bellisq (03-14-2019), KiwiPP (03-08-2019), MizzyMuffling (03-08-2019), Ms Sunny (03-08-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 11:47 AM

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 2,554 Times in 1,123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug98 View Post
Idk maybe I would have to Google how to do that & thank you for the advice. Dating someone one death row is a different experience
I will be more then happy to explain how you can get his trial transcripts. You can private message (P.M) me I will explain how you d0 no big secret and it isn't that hard to do, it will cost you any where from .50- $2.00 a page to obtain the court transcripts. If he is on Condemned Row in California probably sill has his direct appeal to the California State Supreme Court pending This information is also obtainable

Last edited by Patrickj; 03-08-2019 at 11:51 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Patrickj For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-08-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 01:39 PM

Thank you Patrick I sent you a message