Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > INDIANA > Indiana Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Indiana Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation or release in Indiana should be posted here.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:44 PM

Default Release from New Castle

was just wondering if anyone knew the procedures for when someone gets released from new castle correctional facility? where do i go and what time?
any help would be appreciated. just trying to get things around before my boyfriend gets out...
The Following User Says Thank You to Jen11783 For This Useful Post:
jodigirl88 (11-23-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2012, 09:21 PM
My heart belongs to Buddy

Thanks for posting this!! I hope you get some info very soon!! I would like to know the procedures as well. good luck!!
Old 01-28-2013, 07:50 AM

Finaly!...my boo is home!!!!
I got there a lil after 10:30am; Went to the visiting bldg to get the release paper; took that paper to the 'warehouse' (a big white bldg); they were doing count so I had to wait..said they would release them at 11:30! they didn't get released until close to 12:30!!! .
If you have a change of clothes for him, you give them to the man at the warehouse
while waiting by the dumpsters for them to be released, someone will come out and have you sign a form
FYI...the release form...you will need to show ID and place your lincense plate # on that form
I think that should pretty much cover it! (my mind is drawing a blank) let me know if you have any more questions!!
The Following User Says Thank You to RellsGirl For This Useful Post:
hislilpumpkin (09-07-2013)
Old 01-31-2013, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RellsGirl View Post
Finaly!...my boo is home!!!!
I got there a lil after 10:30am; Went to the visiting bldg to get the release paper; took that paper to the 'warehouse' (a big white bldg); they were doing count so I had to wait..said they would release them at 11:30! they didn't get released until close to 12:30!!! .
If you have a change of clothes for him, you give them to the man at the warehouse
while waiting by the dumpsters for them to be released, someone will come out and have you sign a form
FYI...the release form...you will need to show ID and place your lincense plate # on that form
I think that should pretty much cover it! (my mind is drawing a blank) let me know if you have any more questions!!
when i was there this past monday, i went to the visiting place first and had to show my id and registration there. got the release paper and took it to the warehouse. parked by the dumpsters and waited. he dropped his things off to me before going into the warehouse at about 11:20 and a lady came out and had me sign the release form (she didn't ask me for my id or anything) and he was in my jeep by 11:30.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jen11783 For This Useful Post:
hislilpumpkin (09-07-2013)
Old 01-09-2015, 04:03 PM

I know this thread is a year old but I have a few questions about being released from New Castle. My inmate tried asking questions but they will not tell him anything until a few days prior to his release which I find to be unhelpful. I like to plan and know what to expect!

Anyway, have the times changed for inmate release? Does New Castle release early in the morning or in the early afternoon?

I live in another state and heard that he could get a ride from a sheriff or bus to a closer location (it would take me a long time to drive to NCCF). Would this delay the release process?

IF he does get a ride, is the vehicle allowed to cross state lines? Bring him into my state?

Thank you ! If there is any other information, please let me know I am trying to plan ahead of time. We only have about 50 days left.
Old 02-21-2015, 03:51 AM

If he is getting out on parole, he HAS to stay in the state. Im not sure what the times are there anymore, and as for rides Im also unsure.

Last I knew if no one was there to pick you up, they just shot you out the door with your browns and whatever you managed to keep in your personal property. That was quite a long time ago though, and im sure things have changed.