Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > HAWAII Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

HAWAII Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Hawaii - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, etc.

Old 09-15-2012, 11:18 AM

Default No Visits. Who can I complain to?

Where can I file a complaint? OCCC has canceled 4 of 5 visitation weekends in the past month. I understand the inmates have experienced many lockdowns during this time as well. Jail is bad enough; family visits boost the morale. How do I address this problem?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2013, 04:52 PM

Question No visits at OCCC . . . what is going on?

I know how you feel. My boyfriend was just detained on February 12, 2013 and yes we haven't had the opportunity to visit him either. This is his first time in Jail and this place seems really be putting off some really necessary activities for the inmates. It's just unbelievable. I am sorry that you've been going through this for so long, I've only been away from my sweet-heart one week and I'm already loosing my mind; I can just imagine how you feel.
If you figure out what it is we can do please let me know...it'll be deeply appreciated
Thank you & Sincerely,
FrankiesAngel
Old 04-12-2013, 04:55 PM

I'm sorry. My husband was in OCCC from March 1st until 2 days ago. He just sentenced to 5 years for getting kicked out of Drug Court and was sent to Halawa yesterday. I didn't have the oppurtunity to visit him when he was at OCCC because visits where canceled as well. It sucks because I can't visit my husband at Halawa since I don't have a vehicle. I don't know how to drive and you can't catch a bus there. He is still waiting to be sentenced next month for a new charge for burglary in the first degree. I'm hoping he won't have to do 10 years. He got sentenced on Monday and the judge said that his time will be concurrent with any other charges that he may have which is the good news. I'm just terrified to death, how long he will have to stay in Halawa. I'm worried when they send him to the mainland I might not ever see him again. I'm not sure if they'll pay for him to come back once he surves his time.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:29 PM
Account Closed

Unfortunately, you can file all the complaints you want, but NOTHING ever gets done about it. I've been there, done that.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:39 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by myselfkristy View Post
I'm sorry. My husband was in OCCC from March 1st until 2 days ago. He just sentenced to 5 years for getting kicked out of Drug Court and was sent to Halawa yesterday. I didn't have the oppurtunity to visit him when he was at OCCC because visits where canceled as well. It sucks because I can't visit my husband at Halawa since I don't have a vehicle. I don't know how to drive and you can't catch a bus there. He is still waiting to be sentenced next month for a new charge for burglary in the first degree. I'm hoping he won't have to do 10 years. He got sentenced on Monday and the judge said that his time will be concurrent with any other charges that he may have which is the good news. I'm just terrified to death, how long he will have to stay in Halawa. I'm worried when they send him to the mainland I might not ever see him again. I'm not sure if they'll pay for him to come back once he surves his time.
Serving time in Halawa is easier than serving time in the mainland because in the mainland prisons, there are very few local boys. He will be a minority among the other races--a small fish in a big pond. I know, cause my husband is in a California prison right now, and out of the over 2000 inmates, there are only a dozen local boys. And because they are often housed in different units, they don't all get to hang out together. Another issue is that prison politics among the inmates in the mainland is VERY different from the politics of local prisoners.
As for your end of it, it will suck to have him so far away. I can tell you that by the time I purchase the plane tickets and pay for hotel, car rental and food, I spend at least $1000 per weekend visit. I have been fortunate that I've been able to afford visiting my husband every 2-3 months, but my money situation had recently changed, and fortunately my husband and I just found out that he is finally being transferred home, so I can stop spending all that money for visits
Old 04-24-2013, 07:10 AM
Donation Award 

If the prison is having lockdowns there won't be any visits due to security issues. No doubt about it, it stinks.

However, you can get through this. I and hundreds of others served the time right with our loved ones because we couldn't visit due to location, lockdowns, etc. My ex and I survived it by letter writing because there were no phones at the time in TX prisons.

So hold your head up. Keep sending him those love letters and count the days until he gets home.

Sending you and yours Love.