Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Straight Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Straight Talk The general Ex-Offender discussion forum. If you have done time, this forum is for you.

Old 07-11-2020, 08:37 PM
Donation Award 

Default unemployment

Suggest you file for unemployment in case you are eligible. My 20 yr old daughter is collecting an extra 600 per week due to the virus so maybe you are eligible. Very angry they terminated you. I hope you can find another company that will hire felons. I know there is a website with a list. I will try to google it. Good luck to you!!! Also suggest mysocialsecurity account to see what you qualify for at age 62. I did that recently. Best wishes just keep applying to other places as many as you can online. Lots of companies are hiring during this virus.

QUOTE=Firebrand;7822784]I am hopeful that I will follow the same path of success and happiness that your husband did. That’s the goal, anyway.
On the other hand, today is an important one where……restraint and thinking before you speak is concerned. I see my P.O. today sometime this morning and I have plenty to say that I’d be better off keeping to myself, but then again, she already knows that.

Without anyone admitting to it, we’ve gotten into a shoving match with each other that began back in early March to do with my efforts where housing is concerned. I was in a bad living situation (meth, alcohol, marijuana) were constantly up in my face and I needed to move somewhere else. It wound up being that I came here to the place that I’m at now (Union Gospel Mission), but initially she wouldn’t give me clearance to come here nor would she refer me back to one of the state approved halfway houses here in Texas. What she really wanted was for me be re-assigned to another county completely out of the Ft. Worth area. I’ve had my parole protested twice in this county (2001 & 2017) by the D.A. and I didn’t know that or learn of that until February of last year. If I’d known that, I’d of never came back here, but now that I am here I’m giving it my all to make the most of the situation.

After almost a month of no help or the ability to move, I tried to go to her supervisor about the matter and she (the supervisor) wouldn’t return my calls or see me when I came into the office. So, I went to someone else in authority in another district office that I know personally and she helped me. I don’t know what was said, but the P.O. I have now was very open with me about her disapproval in my going over her head. The thing of it is, there are several men and women on parole that are permitted to live in a residential program (6 to 12 months) at a shelter as long as it’s not an overnight stay situation. My P.O. later admitted that she has people on her case load that live at these type places in this area. O.K., so, if you’ve got parolees that reside in the place or places nearby like what I’m at now then, why did you lie to me in the beginning when I requested permission to come here?

Along with that, I have to see you on average 3-6 times a month thus far because of the COVID situation or so you say, but there’s another man here in my room that’s on a mental health case load with a murder charge conviction that reports to another district office much closer and only sees his P.O. once a month. Once a month is what I’m supposed to be doing and so…..what’s the deal here? If he and I are in the same zip code then, why does he get report to an office once a month that is much closer whereas, I report to a different district office further away and have to see you twice or three times as often? What the h#ll is up with that? But………..based on the past and my toxic relations with the parole division I think I know the answer. In their view I see an attitude which says “You’re a firebrand, you’re a troublemaker. If we say or do something that goes against the grain with you, you retaliate and you do so in such a way that really steps on our toes. You’re a smart ass” and……”Well……Yes…..I am a smart ass. I’m not a smart ass all the time and generally speaking I’m not a smartass or a firebrand until you repeatedly kick me in the teeth, but…….you want your way at all costs and I’m trying to make it out here as best I can under the circumstances and the truth is, the circumstances are a real struggle on many days. How much easier is it to deal with those circumstances when someone like you (P.O.) goes behind my back and calls up my employer or my landlord like you have on numerous occasions and says god only knows what? No, you won’t help me find a job or a place to stay, but you go to great lengths to inquire or reveal the finer details of my past that you’re not authorized to discuss and you know damn good and well that what you say has a bad effect overall on my efforts to hold a job or keep a place to live.

And so……..is it any wonder as to what my problem is concerning my attitude about you as a group and why on numerous occasion I’ve told several of you to your face to go get f#cked. Along with that, let’s just put it out there like it really is. Osama Bin Ladin, Saddam Hussain, Omar Khadafy, Communist this country/Communist that country, the Taliban all those cats………those people and those groups are not half the enemy and the threat you are (Parole, Prison System, Law Enforcement, Haters like Walmart and a number of other businesses that discriminate/persecute those of us who’ve been to prison). And don’t get me wrong, I’d go to war in minute to defend my county. I love the United States and I’ve served in the military back when I was younger. I am a veteran. But still, those enemies abroad don’t like me simply because I’m an American, but with you…..it’s a different matter altogether, isn’t it? You’re living proof that slavery and the hatred of others in the land of free and the home of the brave never really went away in spite of the Civil War, the Civil Rights Movement and what we’re seeing with the latest riots to do with the George Floyd incident. And yes, I know. My situation with Walmart & Parole is not the same thing as what happened up in Minneapolis back in May, but all has to do with the same attitude and the dualistic belief system that so many of you have that are all about big business and those of you in positions of authority as “officers” whether it be correctional officer, parole officer, police officer or peace officer.

I also have the benefit of being a witness to others before me in my family (Father & Older Brother) and what they’ve gone through or what we all have gone through. Every male member of my family has gone to prison for robbery and/or murder. All of us have been i.v. drug users at one time or another. All of us have had problems with alcohol and mental illness and I’m the baby of the family.

Unfortunately, I did what others before me did and I walked in their footsteps to some degree. About the time that I joined Prison Talk back in 2010 I really thought prison and the hardships I’d experienced in the past were behind me and I was wrong. It wouldn’t fair or right to blame anyone for the bad decisions I’ve made before and after I came to PTO, but……I’ve had some help in reaching those bad decisions, haven’t I? Terms/situations like “discouraged”, ‘humiliated”, “this is a program designed to make you fail (SISP)”, “taking contact info to do with employment/housing and going behind someone’s back to sabotage or conspire against them in such a way that they lose that job or residence”……………No……you may not be directly involved in the bad decision that I made when I drank or when I used or I violated my parole or I committed another offense, but you still play a part in it, don’t you? And it’s an evil part that you play. My enemies abroad are not half as strong and fierce some as the enemies that live right in my own back yard.

At the end of day, all any of us can do is pick ourselves back up and continue to march forward. That’s the obvious choice to make and simplest one, but all too often it’s the “change the way I feel inside/self-medicate” route that many of us resort when sh#t like this happens and who suffers the most as the result of that choice? I do and those that are closest to me that love me, they do.

There’s more to being a real man or a real woman in the face of what we’re up against out here than just the notion or vow of “Man, I’m never going back to that place again (prison)”. Saying it is one thing, but the trials and tribulations that come along that get into your feelings or cause you to doubt you’re ability to make it out here………it’s no wonder why so many of us go back because the truth is, it’s easier to exist in prison even though it’s harder to survive and that may not make any sense to some who consider that. The free world is the place to be no doubt, but it’s not free of charge and on some days the cost is way too much. It’s way too much

[/quote]
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2020, 08:39 PM
Donation Award 

Default companies that hire felons

https://jobsforfelonsnow.com/compani...t-hire-felons/

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOGA62 View Post
Suggest you file for unemployment in case you are
eligible. My 20 yr old daughter is collecting an extra 600 per week due to the virus so maybe you are eligible. Very angry they terminated you. I hope you can find another company that will hire felons. I know there is a website with a list. I will try to google it. Good luck to you!!! Also suggest mysocialsecurity account to see what you qualify for at age 62. I did that recently. Best wishes just keep applying to other places as many as you can online. Lots of companies are hiring during this virus.

QUOTE=Firebrand;7822784]I am hopeful that I will follow the same path of success and happiness that your husband did. That’s the goal, anyway.
On the other hand, today is an important one where……restraint and thinking before you speak is concerned. I see my P.O. today sometime this morning and I have plenty to say that I’d be better off keeping to myself, but then again, she already knows that.

Without anyone admitting to it, we’ve gotten into a shoving match with each other that began back in early March to do with my efforts where housing is concerned. I was in a bad living situation (meth, alcohol, marijuana) were constantly up in my face and I needed to move somewhere else. It wound up being that I came here to the place that I’m at now (Union Gospel Mission), but initially she wouldn’t give me clearance to come here nor would she refer me back to one of the state approved halfway houses here in Texas. What she really wanted was for me be re-assigned to another county completely out of the Ft. Worth area. I’ve had my parole protested twice in this county (2001 & 2017) by the D.A. and I didn’t know that or learn of that until February of last year. If I’d known that, I’d of never came back here, but now that I am here I’m giving it my all to make the most of the situation.

After almost a month of no help or the ability to move, I tried to go to her supervisor about the matter and she (the supervisor) wouldn’t return my calls or see me when I came into the office. So, I went to someone else in authority in another district office that I know personally and she helped me. I don’t know what was said, but the P.O. I have now was very open with me about her disapproval in my going over her head. The thing of it is, there are several men and women on parole that are permitted to live in a residential program (6 to 12 months) at a shelter as long as it’s not an overnight stay situation. My P.O. later admitted that she has people on her case load that live at these type places in this area. O.K., so, if you’ve got parolees that reside in the place or places nearby like what I’m at now then, why did you lie to me in the beginning when I requested permission to come here?

Along with that, I have to see you on average 3-6 times a month thus far because of the COVID situation or so you say, but there’s another man here in my room that’s on a mental health case load with a murder charge conviction that reports to another district office much closer and only sees his P.O. once a month. Once a month is what I’m supposed to be doing and so…..what’s the deal here? If he and I are in the same zip code then, why does he get report to an office once a month that is much closer whereas, I report to a different district office further away and have to see you twice or three times as often? What the h#ll is up with that? But………..based on the past and my toxic relations with the parole division I think I know the answer. In their view I see an attitude which says “You’re a firebrand, you’re a troublemaker. If we say or do something that goes against the grain with you, you retaliate and you do so in such a way that really steps on our toes. You’re a smart ass” and……”Well……Yes…..I am a smart ass. I’m not a smart ass all the time and generally speaking I’m not a smartass or a firebrand until you repeatedly kick me in the teeth, but…….you want your way at all costs and I’m trying to make it out here as best I can under the circumstances and the truth is, the circumstances are a real struggle on many days. How much easier is it to deal with those circumstances when someone like you (P.O.) goes behind my back and calls up my employer or my landlord like you have on numerous occasions and says god only knows what? No, you won’t help me find a job or a place to stay, but you go to great lengths to inquire or reveal the finer details of my past that you’re not authorized to discuss and you know damn good and well that what you say has a bad effect overall on my efforts to hold a job or keep a place to live.

And so……..is it any wonder as to what my problem is concerning my attitude about you as a group and why on numerous occasion I’ve told several of you to your face to go get f#cked. Along with that, let’s just put it out there like it really is. Osama Bin Ladin, Saddam Hussain, Omar Khadafy, Communist this country/Communist that country, the Taliban all those cats………those people and those groups are not half the enemy and the threat you are (Parole, Prison System, Law Enforcement, Haters like Walmart and a number of other businesses that discriminate/persecute those of us who’ve been to prison). And don’t get me wrong, I’d go to war in minute to defend my county. I love the United States and I’ve served in the military back when I was younger. I am a veteran. But still, those enemies abroad don’t like me simply because I’m an American, but with you…..it’s a different matter altogether, isn’t it? You’re living proof that slavery and the hatred of others in the land of free and the home of the brave never really went away in spite of the Civil War, the Civil Rights Movement and what we’re seeing with the latest riots to do with the George Floyd incident. And yes, I know. My situation with Walmart & Parole is not the same thing as what happened up in Minneapolis back in May, but all has to do with the same attitude and the dualistic belief system that so many of you have that are all about big business and those of you in positions of authority as “officers” whether it be correctional officer, parole officer, police officer or peace officer.

I also have the benefit of being a witness to others before me in my family (Father & Older Brother) and what they’ve gone through or what we all have gone through. Every male member of my family has gone to prison for robbery and/or murder. All of us have been i.v. drug users at one time or another. All of us have had problems with alcohol and mental illness and I’m the baby of the family.

Unfortunately, I did what others before me did and I walked in their footsteps to some degree. About the time that I joined Prison Talk back in 2010 I really thought prison and the hardships I’d experienced in the past were behind me and I was wrong. It wouldn’t fair or right to blame anyone for the bad decisions I’ve made before and after I came to PTO, but……I’ve had some help in reaching those bad decisions, haven’t I? Terms/situations like “discouraged”, ‘humiliated”, “this is a program designed to make you fail (SISP)”, “taking contact info to do with employment/housing and going behind someone’s back to sabotage or conspire against them in such a way that they lose that job or residence”……………No……you may not be directly involved in the bad decision that I made when I drank or when I used or I violated my parole or I committed another offense, but you still play a part in it, don’t you? And it’s an evil part that you play. My enemies abroad are not half as strong and fierce some as the enemies that live right in my own back yard.

At the end of day, all any of us can do is pick ourselves back up and continue to march forward. That’s the obvious choice to make and simplest one, but all too often it’s the “change the way I feel inside/self-medicate” route that many of us resort when sh#t like this happens and who suffers the most as the result of that choice? I do and those that are closest to me that love me, they do.

There’s more to being a real man or a real woman in the face of what we’re up against out here than just the notion or vow of “Man, I’m never going back to that place again (prison)”. Saying it is one thing, but the trials and tribulations that come along that get into your feelings or cause you to doubt you’re ability to make it out here………it’s no wonder why so many of us go back because the truth is, it’s easier to exist in prison even though it’s harder to survive and that may not make any sense to some who consider that. The free world is the place to be no doubt, but it’s not free of charge and on some days the cost is way too much. It’s way too much

[/quote]
The Following User Says Thank You to YOGA62 For This Useful Post:
Firebrand (07-12-2020)