Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 01-16-2016, 04:25 PM

Default Haven't heard from husband in FCI Jesup Low. Is anything going on there?

Hello my husband is at jci low in Jesup georgia I have not heard from him in 5 days can anyone tell me why he has not called me yet just asking I'm new to this n we have 24 mths to go need any info
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2016, 10:03 AM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,637 Times in 13,579 Posts

If this is his first stop at a bop owned prison, a number of things need to occur before he can contact you. He must provide his counselor with a list of all phone numbers he will be allowed to call, and a list of visitors, both of which have to be approved and entered into the prison computer.

If he was already set up on the systems of another bop owned prison, his new counselor can import his existing lists, but he won't be able to phone/email you until that actually happens. He also must wait to receive his 9 digit phone system pin # in the mail. It will never change, so if he already has a pin #, it will work there as soon as he is activated on the Jesup computer system.
Old 01-17-2016, 04:21 PM

Thank you for answering some of my questions I just keep praying that the next 24 mths goes by fast
Old 01-17-2016, 05:20 PM

Does anyone know what is a cheaper phone service for jci jesup georgia so when I do hear from my husband it won't coasts so much please help me n if anyone knows someone at jesup low please ask them to tell my husband to call me his name is James. S. Thanks
Old 01-18-2016, 08:07 AM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,637 Times in 13,579 Posts

The FCC says that long distance phone rates in federal prisons will be reduced from 21 cents/min to 11 cents/min in March. When that happens, the difference between local and LD will be 5 cents/min, which will mean that paying for a local phone number may not save you very much, if anything. You still need to be aware that some "local" numbers are considered to be forbidden "call forwarding" by the bop phone system.
Old 01-18-2016, 10:37 AM

My husband and I use a service called Phone Donkey. For $12 a month they assign a number that is local to your loved one. When he dials it, it is forwarded to your home or cell phone number. This way he only pays 6 cents per minute instead of the long distance rate. It saves us/him about $33 per month. When they eventually reduce the ridiculous BOP long distance rates we will no longer need the service. But for the past year it has saved us well over $300.
phonedonkey.com
Old 01-18-2016, 01:14 PM

Hello does anyone know anyone in Jesup low satellite I haven't heard from my husband in 7 days n was seeing if anyone can get a message to him to call his wife his name is James Stringfellow please help me I'm going crazy not hearing his voice n would like to go see him Saturday but I need to know if he can have visitors if so please have him call me I don't care what it cost I need to talk to him thanks for all the help
Old 01-18-2016, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
If this is his first stop at a bop owned prison, a number of things need to occur before he can contact you. He must provide his counselor with a list of all phone numbers he will be allowed to call, and a list of visitors, both of which have to be approved and entered into the prison computer.

If he was already set up on the systems of another bop owned prison, his new counselor can import his existing lists, but he won't be able to phone/email you until that actually happens. He also must wait to receive his 9 digit phone system pin # in the mail. It will never change, so if he already has a pin #, it will work there as soon as he is activated on the Jesup computer system.
No this is where he gonna be for 24 mths I'm just going crazy cause he has not called me in 7 days please help me if anyone knows r has lived ones in the lowsataliye at jesup please give him a message to call his wife his name in James Stringfellow thanks for all the help
Old 01-21-2016, 01:00 PM

Have you heard anything?
Old 01-21-2016, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by priceam View Post
Have you heard anything?
Yea thank god he's doing good as far as it goes I finally got approved to go see him this weekend so yeaaaa I'm so happy haven't seen him in over a month and have not touched him in 3 months oh god thank you thank s for all who have talk with me
The Following User Says Thank You to Dsjs For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-21-2016)