Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Prison Talk Does your issue not fit into another forum? Post it here. Find support, answers and assistance.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:14 AM

Unhappy Is it possible that he's in solitary confinement?

My boyfriend's arraignment was on 4/6 and the last time we spoke on the phone, he promised to call me on that day to tell me how it went. Last time he was locked up, he called me the same day as his arraignment and his court hearings to tell me how they went. Last time I heard from him was on 4/2 and on the 6th, I didn't hear from him at all, so I don't know how his arraignment went, past what the court docket online says about a docket sounding (whatever that is) on 6/3.
Not only did Kyle not call me, but he also didn't call his grandparents either. We've both sent him letters, but haven't gotten any replies. It's not like Kyle to not call either me or his grandparents after an arraignment. Also not like him to not reply to any letters, either. All that we know is he's still alive.
I was wondering: is it possible that Kyle's in solitary confinement right now and if he is, would he still receive letters? Asking this question because the last time I spoke to Kyle, he told me that there was a guard that was kinda being a jerk to him and threatened to have him put in solitary for something that was truly a non-issue. IF Kyle is in solitary, how long is a person usually there, on average, in county jail?
All I know is I miss him so much and am worried about Kyle. Also hoping he got my letters and that maybe he can at least write me back if he is in the hole
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2015, 09:49 AM
Tiny Moderator

Hi! I've seen your posts around PTO (Welcome BTW) so I have seen your concern and worry for Kyle. Each of us here worry for or about our loved ones, so in that you are not alone.

I can't say why you've not heard from Kyle. None of us can with authority. But I do know many reasons can be a cause for lack of communications. Lockdowns, no money on account for stamps, paper, calls, being sent to 'the hole' where access is limited, phone lines long or too long....... The list of possible reasons is mighty. Right now, keep sending mail. It will get to him at some point.

Knowing that Kyle is alive, that's a huge, good thing! Really! So take care of you. Send letters. Encourage Kyle to handle his business within the jail/prison's inmate grievances system if he has a problem. Start offering other things for Kyle to focus on, educational, or reading, learning a skill! Encourage him via letters, then celebrate when he's able to be in touch!

Good luck!
Shackle Dodger (04-14-2015)
Old 04-14-2015, 02:32 PM

I have been writing him letters lately and I look for funny/offbeat news stories to share with him. Because he's an avid gamer (just like me), I share updates on a game we were both playing when he was out. In previous phone calls, Kyle HAS mentioned to me that there were some inmates that were, in his words, "acting stupid" and causing the guards to place his cell block into lockdown a few times. However, my understanding of lockdown is that it's only for a few hours at least to 1 day at most. He does have enough money on the phone account to call me and the jail has an indigent program, where inmates with no money on the books can get paper and pre-stamped envelopes. What makes me think that he may be in solitary (and also the reason for my question of whether or not an inmate in solitary can receive mail), is his sudden lack of communication.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shackle Dodger For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (04-15-2015)
Old 04-15-2015, 07:41 AM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,680 Times in 13,604 Posts

That is one possibility for sure. He should receive your letters and be able to write back, even if he is in the SHU.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:09 AM

Thanked 5,994 Times in 3,116 Posts

I know when my husband was in county it took a few weeks to get an indigent pack, by then he had money in commissary. Also lots of guys trade the pack for food. Why don't you visit him? I'm just asking because that's what I'd do.

Last edited by xolady; 04-15-2015 at 08:11 AM..
Old 04-16-2015, 11:03 AM

I'd love to go visit my man, but trying to get insurance and license issues resolved first before I'm able to
The Following User Says Thank You to Shackle Dodger For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (04-17-2015)
Old 04-17-2015, 02:59 PM

Thanked 3,310 Times in 1,684 Posts

A lot of county jails, inmates have to pay for calls- no money is his commissary account-no calls.