Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WASHINGTON > Washington Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Washington Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions Topics & discussions about specific Prison & Jails in the state of Washington.

Old 07-21-2007, 04:18 PM

Default Curious if anyone else heard about OST inmates being shipped again!?

Hi everyone,

Kong called thursday night and told me that they are talking about moving 75 of the Washington Inmates that were sent to Florence to another CCA facility in Oklahoma. He said they are talking about doing this in a few months.

I was curious if anyone else had heard about it. He isn't sure if he is going or not but I hope he isn't he likes this place pretty much. I hope this is just a rumor and not actually true. If anyone else has heard this can you please let me know?

Thanks

Autumn
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2007, 11:31 PM

DOC is closed-mouthed I asked them the other day. My fiance is in florence also and they told him that they would be tranfering to OK and MN. I have done some research and it looks like CCA is adding 720 beds that will be available this fall so from that and what my man said it looks like a very real possibility.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:58 AM

Summerstorm,

My son is still at PCF in MN. There is a notice posted that although WA inmates back home and in AZ are being asked if they want to sign up to go to OK, the inmates at PCF are not yet being allowed to sign up for the transfer, so I'd say it's not a rumor.

Why ask for volunteers when they just do what they want anyway?
Old 07-23-2007, 04:29 PM

yes my son is still at shelton but says he will be sent to wall walla ......wish they would transfer him closer to pennsylvania.......that is where all his family is located.......but like you said they will do what they want
Old 07-25-2007, 01:45 PM

my husband was just informed that they are screening guys at mcneil to be transferred out of state. i called olympia and they said they haven't decided who is going to be transferred out until they check their files and see who is eligible to go or not.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:15 AM
Proud Grandma
Donation Award 

As before, they ask for volunteers but at the same time many that were transferred in the past had no choice of the matter. I had heard that they may possibly be sending some from PFC to OK and then sending more from WA to PFC. It's a big mess and they (DOC) will not give you much information at all that is of any use at all.
Unfortunately we all play the wait and see game that DOC plays with an art.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:03 PM
OSTransfers are wrong!!!!

Oh my, I guess I better get letter writing to my guys friends still left behind in AZ to see if they are getting shipped yet to somewhere else. Ill let you know.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:41 PM
PTO Member

PCF rumors are that guys will be transfered to Oklahoma and there are rumors that guys from WA are being interviewed for transfer to Texas. My husband said he doesn't want to go anywhere but back to WA.
Old 08-08-2007, 02:22 PM
OSTransfers are wrong!!!!

Dlg, how much longer does your guy have? My guy was hanging with some of his buddies that had about the same amount of time left but they were left behind when he came back. I am just wondering if anybodys guy has 4 years or less to do still?

Old 08-09-2007, 08:34 PM
amalise

The guys in PCF are definitely going to OK. They started the "interview" process last week - haven't gotten to my guy's pod yet, but that shoulds be happening soon. I asked him what the heck they're interviewing them for? It's not like they have a choice about what's happening to them. It seems like wasted breath to me - but that's the DOC for you.

My man is long-term minimum now - 7 1/2 yrs left. I can't understand how they can put minimum guys on the OST program when all the facilities are for medium and above. Makes no sense to me, but then the DOC never has made sense to me.

I truly hope your guys don't land up going out of state - there's too many of them out there already.

Hugs,

Lise
Old 08-12-2007, 02:21 PM

I haven't heard from Kong for about 3 weeks now, no call because he is out of money and I'm also out of money. Has anyone heard anything from their mates about how things are going over there lately?

This is the longest i've been without talking to him, and i'm pretty frustrated but i'm doing fine. I guess I just want some reassurance that things are fine. I called and talk to the business office and they told me that he still has no money on his books so he still won't be able to call. I was a little worried that he would get transfered and I wouldn't get to talk to him before he left. Does anyone know how soon things will be happening with the transfers.

Kong has a little less than 9 years left. I was just hoping that he wouldn't get transfered again so soon. Thanks.

Autumn
Old 08-12-2007, 05:21 PM

I'm not sure when they are transferring people to red rock, but they will be transferring some to OK. The contract with them and DOC is going to be done the end of next month from what we are being told. Everybody there is ok (no lock down's or pod restrictions from what I hear). I know my husband is out of money right now too so he is getting really frustrated. I really worry about him when we don't get to talk everyday. I've been very proud of him for not getting into any trouble since they went down there. I thought that he would lose it, but he's holding it together and letting me handle all the political stuff.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:55 PM
PTO Member

Here is the story I got from my hubby...
Said there is a matrix posted in two pods comparing AZ, OK and MN...Then there is a list requesting volunteers that would be willing to go to Sayre, OK and they will fill the beds with the volunteers first and then take others as needed to fill the beds in OK and "rebalance" the out of state population in CCA facilities. Some of the guys want OK because they heard there were playstations, but there has also been rumor that only those that have one already will get to keep them. Sounds like the ride is getting ready to move again.... hang on girls!!!
Old 08-12-2007, 09:22 PM

It's so expensive for them to move..they already have no money..how are they suppose to afford the move? I don't have a lot of money right now either. Sorry i'm just so frustrated lately. I just was looking forward to visiting AZ. Thank you for the information.

Autumn
Old 09-01-2007, 01:41 AM

I posted elsewhere with this, but I will repeat it here. I just got off the phone with my son who is in Florence. He was saying he thinks they will be moving to OK in 2 weeks. He didn't mention how many, but then, they probably don't let the guys know how many anyway. The OK facility is, for me anyway about 400 miles farther than Florence. Not much different in drive time, a few hours longer is all.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:58 AM

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted in a long time, but Kong called a few nights ago and told me they are getting ready to move the OST Washington guys that are still left in Florence to another place, he thinks another prison in Arizona in January. I'll try to keep you posted if I find out anything.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:19 AM
Proud Grandma
Donation Award 

Several of the guys have been moved to OK. I have been out of the OST circle for a bit and it wasn't by choice. I did get a phone call just a short while ago telling me he's been in OK for about 3 1/2 months. He said AZ was still the best place.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:15 PM

my son called his birth mom a few minutes ago and said he has a meeting on wednesday about a transfer.....but he doesnt know where the transfer might be to......he just got settled into AHCC and was just starting to feel comfortable and was getting ready to sit back and relax awhile......would be wonderful if they would transfer him closer to pennsylvania...but i worry about some of the prisons i have read some scarey stories.....he wont be released till 2014.........if anyone hears anything please let me know........
Old 01-07-2008, 08:31 PM

I just heard from my husband in Florence and they are going on lockdown again. He doesn't know what is going on, but they had the phones shut off for at least a few minutes. I'll let you know when I hear from him again.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:04 PM

i just got off the phone with my husband and he said they just transferred more guys out of mcc out of state.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:55 PM

Well, no lockdown in Florence unless it was very short lived. I got another call and he just finished working out. It seems like someone there is always yelling lockdown. Sorry if I worried anyone.
Old 01-08-2008, 03:26 PM
We fight until we win!
Donation Award 

Hi All,

I just got off the phone with my sweetie and the lists are up at AHCC for transfer out of state. He is on the list He has put in an appeal so now we pray.

Lollie
Old 01-08-2008, 04:07 PM

Interviews for OST to Oklahoma began this morning at Stafford Creek. My husband has been exempt the past 20 years due to Hep C and too many infractions, never even made the interview list til now.
For DOC to consider him desirable, shows just how over loaded the system has become.
Saying my prayers... Ray's Angelette
Old 01-09-2008, 08:00 PM

Kong told me that they should hear something by next month about the OST Arizona transfers. I guess they are turning Florence into a all Arizona inmate prison, he said they might move some of them to another prison in Arizona and they are also talking about Oklahoma. I know he is tired of Florence, he enjoyed the xbox for a while but he doesn't like much else about Florence. So with the move, we won't know till the last minute of course, when they get pulled away from us again. I wish you all luck and stay strong.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:51 AM

My guy is at McNeil and he has a meeting today regarding being moved out of state. He has lymphoma and I'm hoping they don't move him. Keep your fingers crossed for him please.