Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status All discussions relating to specific Texas Department of Criminal Justice prison units, Texas State Jails & Private prisons, and County Jails.

Old 05-05-2005, 05:16 PM
I am still here!

Default Update on brother in County Jail

Well they reset his court date to May 18th, which will also make 90 days locked up.
He will have to face the Grand Jury next week to see if he will be indicted or not.
The victim's testimony on the tape made does not look good, and he is claiming he is innocent, which we all believe in him.
His ex-wife wrote him yesterday for first time since he's been locked up and said she has filed for the divorce and cashed their income tax refund and spent it all.

I called IRS and they said that it is a civil matter or it can be brought up in divorce hearing about his half of the money she spent, which means she had to forge his signature...Is that legal or what?

My mom is crying, they thought this would just disappear and reality is now setting in.

I myself am not letting this drag me down. I am upset and sad for him, but to me, it is like a death, and life goes on no matter what. Time does not stop at any point for anything or anyone. I just take it one day at a time.
My brother is dependant upon someone like his wife for handling the money and making decisions, and he's slow and only knows how to work with his hands, so without her around and since he choses not to stay with family, maybe prison is the place for him. I am sure God has his reasons for handling things this way. I don't want to see him in prison, but there's nothing I can do. I love him but he's so distant and never has showed emotions over anything, almost like he doesn't care, even though he does. He was in special ed. classes and he can't talk to people like most of us could. He is 33 and has the mentality of a 14yr. old. He stumbles over his words and gets confused. I feel sorry for him, but then I don't. I really don't know what to think. I wish all the best for him.

Ok off my sad little wagon I go, sorry so long

Pauline
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2005, 08:07 PM
IT'S OFFICIALLY OVER!
Donation Award 

Pauline, I will keep your family in thoughts and prayers. Sorry you are having to deal with this on top of everything else in your own life! You know we are here for you!

Love ya, girlie!!
Old 05-05-2005, 08:15 PM
Account Closed

girl just know our prayers are with him. I know this is hard on you but I also understand where you are coming from.

You have so much on your plate right now and in reality there is nothing that you can do.
Just know we love you
Jeanne
Old 05-07-2005, 12:19 AM
Site Mod on Leave
Donation Award 

Pauline, what a burden for you. You are your family's strength and you are carrying a big load. We love you.

Old 05-07-2005, 02:54 AM
Banned

Is your brother competent to stand trial? Does he know right from wrong? You know where Im going here dont you.....................Talk to his lawyer.
Old 05-07-2005, 09:07 AM

I am so sorry Pauline. Your mind set is in the best place and it's ok to have "pity partys" I have them myself, throw really good ones too.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:27 PM
I am still here!

I don't think he knows right from wrong. He feels as if the truth will set him free, but trying to explain that this is TEXAS is useless. He is not showing emotions and he never has been able to show any. It's like he does not understand. At times he does and then at times he don't. He only sees the good in people.
He can't count change for a $1.00 without doing some serious thinking.
I asked his atty. about it, and he said that they could evaluate him and then will eventually retry him and only thing it does is delay his sentencing if this goes to trial.

His wife and her family that she is still close to, have destroyed our lives with their lies.
My brother is not a sexual child abuser. She just wanted to keep his daughter away from him and his family and she has accomplished just that.
I told my brother after she moved to Lufkin that she would file for the divorce after being up there 60 or 90 days in that county and SURE enough she did.
She cashed their income tax check and we were going to use his half to get him out of jail, but she cashed it and spent it.
I called the IRS and they say it's a civil issue or a divorce issue now.
If I would have FORGED my ex's signature they would have hung me.

I talked to his atty. and he is going to type up the statements from my brother to be read to the Grand Jury, because I think he would flip under pressure.
I wish it was me in his place, because I can handle people better than he can. Heck I can handle things better than anyone in my family. When it comes to talking, they ball up.
I am working with his atty. and I found one witness that was with him on one of the nights he was accused of agg. sexual assault with child, so maybe that will help.
I was there on another occassion, see my plan. It may not work, but I am not going to stop from giving it one heck of a try.
I don't dwell on it. I call his atty. and get info. or I go and visit and get info. and then do what I have to and then call it a day until I hear more.
Jimbo's case drug me down for the first few months he was in, and I am not going to go through that again.
I try and go and see him, but I hate seeing him in that place. If they would let me take his place and represent him, it would make me feel better. His atty. has already told me to let him do his job. I guess that was my sign to back off a little on trying to run everything.
I want to go to Lufkin with a passion to take care of some HMMMM, we'll call it personal business, but I know better. I know I can't do that without putting my kids in danger. I don't worry about me, but just my kids. I hate liars, I dislike his ex- wife to be and her family. I hate what they are putting my mom through. I can get through this, but my mom is slow too, and she is having a hard time dealing with this, plus her boyfriend is in jail waiting parole revocation hearing.

I am the black sheep of the family. I am the outcast of the family. They talk to me, but choose not to hang around me. I enjoy the quiet life. I am just starting to get out and do more since I have been on PTO, and have talked and met with alot of other members on here. PTO has changed me. My boss is even glad that I am getting out more and enjoying life.

I will get through this no matter what happens

Thanks everyone for the support and understanding that yall have given me.
Pauline
Old 05-07-2005, 07:50 PM
Loving Life Now!!

Pauline,
Hang in there girlfriend. (((HUGS)))

Nance
Old 05-07-2005, 08:25 PM
We're still doing GREAT!!

Hey Pauline...we got your back girlfriend!!

Love Ya,

Kimmy

Compliments of Rach!!

Last edited by mervsgirl; 05-07-2005 at 08:49 PM..
Old 05-07-2005, 08:35 PM
IT'S OFFICIALLY OVER!
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mervsgirl
Hye Pauline...we got your back girlfriend!!

Love Ya,

Kimmy
Dang Skippy, we do!!!!!
Old 05-07-2005, 09:39 PM
Account Closed

We are there supporting you as you are us. Girl we love you....

And as Kimmy said we got your back.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:27 PM
I am still here!

Well here's the UPDATE::
He went before the Grand Jury after all, and he admitted to the Indecent Exposure charge and denied the charge of agg. sexual assault with child under 14.
His paid atty. quit and now he has a court appointed atty. and he says that my brother is looking at 2-10yrs. up to 35 yrs. and probation is out of the question.
He goes to court June 20th and it will be reset again.
I don't know what to do next.
The atty. said for me to get all the letters from family and friends together, pictures, statements together by the 20th of June, for whatever help that will do.
I am lost in emotions right now.
My brother did wrong by exposing himself to his cousin at the time she was a 5 yr. old who is now 14. It does not change the fact that he is still my big brother, and even though we are not close, I still feel so sad for him. I miss him now. I hate him having to feel so helpless, and so alone in jail, watching alot of others come and go home or off to TDC.
Jail has aged him from being 34 to looking 40. His daughter is without a father at the age of 7. No visitation from his ex-wife to be and his daughter because of the charges against him. They can visit, they just choose not to, and after 10 yrs. of marriage, it's hard to believe that.
My hands are tied, because now I feel so helpless to helping him. I don't know what to do. I don't even know what happens next in his case, whether it's legal or not. I just don't know. It is hard for me to have to sit here and imagine that there is nothing I can do to help.
I have become overwhelmed in this. I thought I could stay strong and deal with it as it came, but I can't at this point. I guess even the strong ones cry and fall apart. I am finding myself irritated at the kids today more than usual, and I have had to step back from them, because this is not their fault. I have separated my feelings in front of them. But as the night approaches, I start getting overwhelmed with thoughts of my brother.

Jimbo being incarcerated does not bother me this much. But on the other hand, Jimbo knows how to survive through the system, and my brother don't.

Ok I am going to go and eat some ice cream loaded with chocolate, and try to get through these feelings so that I can deal with them without them overwhelming me.
Old 05-21-2005, 06:26 AM
Loving Life Now!!

Pauline, I'm so sorry. Please know that we are here for you. I know that sounds like just words, but I don't know how else to help you, other than to keep you and your brother in my prayers.

Love ya,
Nance