Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > CAPITAL PUNISHMENT > Death Row - What you need to know!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Death Row - What you need to know! General and State Specific questions/answers about Death Row - mail & more - whatever you need to know can probably be found here!

Old 01-12-2018, 06:25 PM

Default Rules for writing inmate on death row at Central Prison in North Carolina

Hi, I'm from BC Canada; and looking for post letter rules for an inmate on death row in NC - Central, which I have his first letter to him ready beside me, and have asked him about it; but thought this would be faster. I tried Search...GO , but no help. I'm just new at trying to locate a pin in a haystack. I am willing to learn, though. I joined up in prisontalk in 2007; and did write to inmates that were posted, but then I had no post office box, so I said goodbye to all 9. Now, I am interested in being ppp. Thanks.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:00 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,774 Times in 1,262 Posts

Why don't you use JMail - there you can have a "box" where the letters of your inmate can be sent and they upload them for you. That way you don't give out your address - if that's still your concern. You can send through this site AND receive.
Keeley_quinn (01-15-2018), maytayah (01-13-2018), Sarianna (01-13-2018)
Old 01-13-2018, 05:07 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 2,236 Times in 1,076 Posts

I'm a big fan of JMAIL myself too, so to add to Mizzy's above comment I am posting a link to their website HERE

Jmail is basically a company operating from California and Florida - you sign up online and will have your own address book and mailbox with them. You type your letter to an inmate online and Jmail prints it out in either in their CA or FL facility and then sends it out in an envelope via U.S. Postal Services as domestic mail to the jail/prison. Your return address on the envelope will be c/o Jmail cc in Los Angeles, CA (you can also use your home address if you so choose).

When your pen pal writes back to your Jmail address, Jmail scans his/her letter in their system upon receiving it, and you will get an e-mail message saying you have a letter from an inmate. You then log in to Jmail website and unlock that letter...and you can see the scanned letter from your pen pal which you can download to your on laptop/computer if you wish (or print it out). They also have an option for mail forwarding where they keep your pen pal's original letters in your mailbox, and in addition to scanning them they mail the originals to you when you want, maybe a few times a year or as often as you want.