Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: Do you ever wonder if the love he confesses is REALLY real?
No, I don't doubt his love 846 39.98%
Yes, I sometimes wonder if our love will be the same after he's out 855 40.41%
Yes, I wonder if his love is strong because I stuck around 229 10.82%
Always, I think this love is a fantasy that helps him through the time. 186 8.79%
Voters: 2116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2018, 03:31 PM

I go back and forth in my thoughts. We have had issues in the past and he has done things to betray my trust. I met a woman recently (At a New Years office party) and she told me how she stayed faithful to her MWI for 9 years! She sent him a hundred dollars per month and put another hundred on the phones each pay period. He proposed to her and made her a ring until he could afford one after he was released. He was released several months ago and they got married. Recently, she found out he had several affairs while incarcerated and sexual affairs while out. She is broken. Stories like this make me doubt my own relationship. I have never dealt with this before. It is difficult when you can't keep an eye on your partner. I believe in mutual sharing and respect. My phone, my bank account, my everything is his and he is free to look at it. I expect the same respect due to the fact that I am the only one supporting him financially. Yet, when I occasionally ask for commissary receipts (When something is not adding up) he will get defensive and stall. It will take him weeks to get the receipts. In the past, he admitted to sending me a fake visiting list because another woman was visiting him. This is why I request proof at times. I want to be sure he isn't playing me. I have NEVER been the jealous type until I met him. And that is due to his lies and the dynamics of the relationship. If he messes up once more, I am done for good.
The Following User Says Thank You to Noelia33 For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2018, 04:18 PM
Beach Girl

I absolutely don’t doubt the love between us. We have a very solid foundation between us and we’re very lucky for that. We have been through a lot, don’t get me wrong... and I’m not usually the optimistic type to say “it made us stronger” but for once I actually do feel that way.

The ONLY thing I question is when he says that the big life change of parole isn’t going to phase him. He admits he’ll be overwhelmed, but I know that there’s a LOT of mental changes and problems that can happen after incarceration. I hope he’s right that he’ll ride the wave smoothly.. ha.

Old 01-12-2018, 01:40 PM

Thanked 2,405 Times in 1,519 Posts

Never. My husband and I have that once in a life time love. He is simply amazing.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:41 PM
Account Closed

Default Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noelia33 View Post
I go back and forth in my thoughts. We have had issues in the past and he has done things to betray my trust. I met a woman recently (At a New Years office party) and she told me how she stayed faithful to her MWI for 9 years! She sent him a hundred dollars per month and put another hundred on the phones each pay period. He proposed to her and made her a ring until he could afford one after he was released. He was released several months ago and they got married. Recently, she found out he had several affairs while incarcerated and sexual affairs while out. She is broken. Stories like this make me doubt my own relationship. I have never dealt with this before. It is difficult when you can't keep an eye on your partner. I believe in mutual sharing and respect. My phone, my bank account, my everything is his and he is free to look at it. I expect the same respect due to the fact that I am the only one supporting him financially. Yet, when I occasionally ask for commissary receipts (When something is not adding up) he will get defensive and stall. It will take him weeks to get the receipts. In the past, he admitted to sending me a fake visiting list because another woman was visiting him. This is why I request proof at times. I want to be sure he isn't playing me. I have NEVER been the jealous type until I met him. And that is due to his lies and the dynamics of the relationship. If he messes up once more, I am done for good.

Trust is important in any relationship..he has too much access to YOUR business!! You can't keep an eye on anyone all the time and if you have to do that, then there is no trust
Old 01-14-2018, 10:45 PM

Why are you waiting for one more time? He's already shown you who he is....I'm sorry, these are difficult relationships to be in
Old 01-17-2018, 10:33 PM

My thoughts and emotions go back and forth on this. I feel like he thinks he really loves me because I'm the person closest to him and we have a child together. I'm the person he wants to do things for him on the outside. Our relationship was rocky before he was incarcerated because of his drugs. I have found out since him being in that he was seeing other women the past two years besides just me. I love him I am conflicted that he will not change. I'm worried he won't stay clean and I'm worried he will go back to bad decisions. I love him and I will keep his spirits up while he is in. I just don't know what the future holds when he gets out. I do not know if all the I love you's are true or if it's because he is in there.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hoosierchick006 For This Useful Post:
Hurley123 (02-12-2018)
Old 02-08-2018, 11:41 PM

Are you guys still together ?
Old 02-08-2018, 11:54 PM

me too
Old 02-12-2018, 09:35 PM
*Us3AgainstTheWorld*

All I'm gonna say listen learned not to let myself go deep and with that said I'm probably done doing Relationships it broke me emotionally mentally and physically drained me out.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:03 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 8,413 Times in 3,611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph009 View Post
All I'm gonna say listen learned not to let myself go deep and with that said I'm probably done doing Relationships it broke me emotionally mentally and physically drained me out.
Hi there , so sorry to hear it hasnt worked out for you.Take all the time you need to heal and look after yourself. When you feel ready then do let yourself love again. Dont let him take that away from you.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
Old 02-19-2018, 05:49 PM

The only reason I question his love is cause he he did have another woman out here waiting on him & when I found out heck yes I left him & he still tried to call me but I wouldn’t putting no money on the phone to hear his fake as shit but for about 6 mths & the other woman telling me he told her he couldn’t be with her or any other woman cause he was in love with me I decided to accept is calls & him another chance but I sit here & wonder sometimes is his love for me real & he was just scared I wouldn’t be here when he comes home or does he really wanna b with somebody else when he gets out.

RELEASE MR MICE HE IS MY WORLD QITHOUT HIM I DONT KNOW IF I COULD GO ON WITH LIFE
HE OS MY EVERYTHING
Old 02-19-2018, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Nice View Post
The only reason I question his love is cause he he did have another woman out here waiting on him & when I found out heck yes I left him & he still tried to call me but I wouldn’t putting no money on the phone to hear his fake as shit but for about 6 mths & the other woman telling me he told her he couldn’t be with her or any other woman cause he was in love with me I decided to accept is calls & him another chance but I sit here & wonder sometimes is his love for me real & he was just scared I wouldn’t be here when he comes home or does he really wanna b with somebody else when he gets out.

RELEASE MR MICE HE IS MY WORLD QITHOUT HIM I DONT KNOW IF I COULD GO ON WITH LIFE
HE OS MY EVERYTHING
I don’t know how you live with knowing he did that. As for me, I don’t give Chan aces because the many chances I could have given someone out here I denied becahwe of him and if he would be able to do that, then he can be happy continuously. I have no tolerance for liars, cheater and abusive men.

No man is perfect, I be dam to let anyone continues manipulating during a MWI RELATIONSHIP or not

We all deserve to better for ourselves.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tru2you For This Useful Post: