Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

View Poll Results: What kind of MWI are you?
Friends/Pen pals 15 8.82%
Romantic Relationship 108 63.53%
Married 32 18.82%
We don't need to define it 13 7.65%
Other 2 1.18%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2011, 12:55 AM

Default MWI kinda

I am classifying him as an MWI because technically I didn't get to know him really until he became incarcerated and we started writing. I met him before he got locked up, and talked to him on the phone a few times, but never hung out or knew anything about him. That was several years ago. We started writting about a year ago. I have completely fallen for him, but I can't tell what he wants from me. He talks of when he gets out and what if we became serious, but he has put it out there to me while he is in that he can't get caught up in a relationship while he's locked up because it's too stressful. I completely understand. I know he still loves his ex who left him hanging since he's been down. It is all very complicated. We talk pretty regularly on the phone and we have alot in common. He makes me laugh and makes me feel good. I make him laugh as well. I am his escape and he has made it clear I am the only one he trusts. I have good days with this and bad days. I am trying not to think, "he's mine" because technically he's not, but we have such a strange relationship I don't know what to call it. All I know is I have feelings for this man...
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2011, 07:34 PM

We met on writeaprisoner.com in july. I wasnt looking for relationship but we fell in love
And will be married in july ironically when he is out of the hole
Old 11-15-2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaatevverr
I am classifying him as an MWI because technically I didn't get to know him really until he became incarcerated and we started writing. I met him before he got locked up, and talked to him on the phone a few times, but never hung out or knew anything about him. That was several years ago. We started writting about a year ago. I have completely fallen for him, but I can't tell what he wants from me. He talks of when he gets out and what if we became serious, but he has put it out there to me while he is in that he can't get caught up in a relationship while he's locked up because it's too stressful. I completely understand. I know he still loves his ex who left him hanging since he's been down. It is all very complicated. We talk pretty regularly on the phone and we have alot in common. He makes me laugh and makes me feel good. I make him laugh as well. I am his escape and he has made it clear I am the only one he trusts. I have good days with this and bad days. I am trying not to think, "he's mine" because technically he's not, but we have such a strange relationship I don't know what to call it. All I know is I have feelings for this man...
Sound like me and my mwi
Old 11-15-2011, 09:51 PM

im wife when we met it felt like we had known each other for yrs on our visit we talk for four hour bout everything my bro is locked up with him his gf my bff didnt know how to get there so he wanted me to ride with her i was on his list but he was like pls talk to my partner i did it as a favor to him turned out he actual did me a favor last 2yrs wit him have been the best
Old 11-18-2011, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsfranklin2010
im wife when we met it felt like we had known each other for yrs on our visit we talk for four hour bout everything my bro is locked up with him his gf my bff didnt know how to get there so he wanted me to ride with her i was on his list but he was like pls talk to my partner i did it as a favor to him turned out he actual did me a favor last 2yrs wit him have been the best
Good luck!
Old 11-18-2011, 07:37 PM

My brother introduced me to my love on a festival earlier this year. We met and shook hands. From his hand shake and the way he looked in my eyes I knew it was something special like I belong with this dude and he belongs with me. He didn't press me much during the festival and all the rest of the guys around wanted to to sit and talk and take pics. Later on i inquired about this other dude and my brother put me on. My brother thought he was the best choice for me- the first guy my brother ever approved of- and he was behind bars that kind I weird to me. There's not even a dude on the outside my bro would agree for me to be with. Anyway after writing and connecting with our minds and spirits I came up to visit my bro and the man who is now my fiancé. I thank god I made it to the festival. I tell my fiancé I don't have to be with you but I choose to. It's been a great choice so far!
Old 11-20-2011, 01:41 PM
Jesska

I meet him through a guy I was seeing I was asked to order flowers for. This inmates luved ones he. Called be to thank me and its been a 1yr

ms meena
Old 11-26-2011, 03:31 AM

Thanked 1,096 Times in 598 Posts

mwi is my boyfriend! - he was friends with my xbf who was in together at a federal detention center and my now xbf gave him my info and email addy so's to stay in contact tween me and bla bla bla - we talked very lil here and there over the passed 2 yrs - i broke up with my xbf 11months ago - and recently my mwi started talking thru emails all the time We used to write once in a while, or email once in a while...now we also talk on the fon a cpl times a week!! i love him to pieces and he loves me to pieces! We both feel as tho we've known each other forever years and years, and i miss him every single day! At first i was scared to become his girl but now i'm so happy i did
He is about to leave federal prison and go to half way house and at which some point after he's done his 6mo time then he will move to pa He wishes i wulda become his girl way back when and he culda had different halfway house plans to come here then to stay in his home state of tx. We have been a couple for just over a month now - and been getting to know each other for a few months now! (cuz i dont rlly consider the full 2yrs that we talked much of anything cuz first was jus cuz he had left the detention center they were both at and was to keep in touch with me and we didnt talk much at all until i'd say bout april 2011) When i actually had finaly told him i had broke up with the x in jan. and we had been on bad road for 6months prior but that's a whole nother story LOL
congrats to everyone with their MWI's relationships
I know i'm very happy in my relationship and can't wait to go see him in a few months while he's still at the halfway house!
his release date is 12/29/11 from federal prison!

Last edited by lovemipapi; 11-26-2011 at 03:35 AM..
Old 11-27-2011, 09:29 PM
Beautiful N Baby 4Lyfe

We are not legally married yet but we do consider ourselves married we refer to one another to the world and each other that we are each others husband and wife. We are planning to make it official in the coming year. its a work in progress

I him so much, I Keep it out until the come off and we are can FINALLY be FREE to and one another W/O DOC all in our biz until then I live for and every available minute we can have together,no regrets.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzpooh915
My brother introduced me to my love on a festival earlier this year. We met and shook hands. From his hand shake and the way he looked in my eyes I knew it was something special like I belong with this dude and he belongs with me. He didn't press me much during the festival and all the rest of the guys around wanted to to sit and talk and take pics. Later on i inquired about this other dude and my brother put me on. My brother thought he was the best choice for me- the first guy my brother ever approved of- and he was behind bars that kind I weird to me. There's not even a dude on the outside my bro would agree for me to be with. Anyway after writing and connecting with our minds and spirits I came up to visit my bro and the man who is now my fiancé. I thank god I made it to the festival. I tell my fiancé I don't have to be with you but I choose to. It's been a great choice so far!
i wanted to know what kind of festival u met at and i wonder y they dont have them in mo
Old 11-28-2011, 02:45 PM
Account Closed

We met while T was at tyc in 2004.. & since he is back in prison for the 2nd time I'm hoping to get reconnected soon. So we met while he was in tyc and now he is state prison
Old 11-29-2011, 01:53 PM
Banned

Default I think friendship is key

I think friendship is key when it comes to immates, then it can become more or less Hopeful more
Old 11-29-2011, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsfranklin2010

i wanted to know what kind of festival u met at and i wonder y they dont have them in mo
My brother and fiancé are both in new York. The Facilities here have different festivals some for just inmates but some for the inmates family too. I'm only knowledgeable about the one I went to which was "religious" it was a ras tafarian festival. I've been to two so far. It's nice because you get to walk around with ur loved ones share real cooked food dance listen to music and so much more! I really enjoyed it
Old 11-29-2011, 03:34 PM

Well, my MWI and I started out as pen pals, neither of us were looking for a relationship. I found him on a pen pal website and didn't pay attention to where he was located, but his add just stuck out to me and after looking thru bout 30 ads I had an overwhelming feeling to choose him. Then when writing his address I found out he was in the same town! I wrote and he wrote back within a day or two and when he told me he had had now visits in like 7 years I felt so bad for him so he added me to his visitation list that week and I was soooo nervous tha day of our first visit, but we both felt a strong connection from the moment our eyes met and 2 months down the road he asked me to be his girl. Now it's a little over a year later and we are deeply in love with each other. I've been visiting him every weekend since that first visit and we write each other at least 3 times a week sometimes more. We can't talk on the phone, but the letters and visits are enuf for now. He doesn't have much longer till he's out then we plan on living with each other and evenutally getting married. I have to totally agree with those who said others are so quick to judge our relationship just because of where he's at. It really gets to me sometimes, cuz like someone said just cuz he's in jail doesn't mean he's any worse of a man out here that I could meet cuz there are plenty of men out here who should be in jail they just haven't been caught. Everyone should be given a second chance in life. He was young and made a stupid mistake. The ppl who judge don't know his heart like I do and once he gets out they will see just how good of a man he is. He makes me happy and treats me better than any man has ever treated me before so my so called friends and family should just be happy that I have found someone who loves me and makes me happy. That's why I like getting on this forum b/c ppl here actually understand where I'm coming from and understand my relationship where as other ppl who have never gone thru it don't even wanna TRY to understand.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:02 PM
My Heart is N Texas

A married one =)
Old 12-13-2011, 11:43 PM

A engaged one. But we call each other husband and wife even though were not officially married but I'm hoping this coming up year or the year after to make it official. We were friends at first (pen pals but I hate those words so I would rather use friends especially since I felt like I already knew him and still feel like I've known his for years).

Lovin my king/daddy/heart/everything to the fullest! <3 F the public!
Old 06-02-2018, 09:12 AM

Well, after two years of writing we are most definilty in a romantic relationship for sure... we started out as pen pals, but our love grew very quickly through calls, emails, letters... we call each other husband and wife ... I am so glad I wrote that first pp letter...
Old 07-03-2018, 03:09 AM
Coopers disciple

Started as pen-pals. became my best friend, I'm pretty much in love but he's hard to get :P
Old 07-04-2018, 08:22 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,809 Times in 1,637 Posts

crazy ones... two brands of crazy that mix really well together
a.rare.love (11-18-2018), THEDRSBRIDE1175 (07-24-2018)
Old 09-15-2018, 05:25 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 9,611 Times in 4,042 Posts

Started as penpals a few years ago. Then we got closer met face to face fell in love and we are going strong. We are kind of the against all the odds couple. We are from different countries , cultures and lifestyles. We both had a difficult childhood but went very different ways when we became adults. I used my anger to make my way in the business world he used his anger to join a gang.
We have a big age gap and we have a big distance gap.
However we have similar sense of humour, we love the same movies and music.
We love each other in a real no frills way, we tell it like it is. We make no fancy promises and we call each other out when needed.
We are close enough to trust each other with our own bits of ugly and we know the other wont walk because we have not been on our best behaviour.
I trust him and thats a big thing for me. So that is where we are, we are our own kind of MWI.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
Hurley123 (11-15-2018), Sarianna (09-15-2018)
Old 11-13-2018, 10:50 AM

What is MWI?
The Following User Says Thank You to Newpal17 For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (11-18-2018)
Old 11-13-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpal17 View Post
What is MWI?
Met While Incarcerated.
Old 11-18-2018, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpal17 View Post