Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions Topics / Information relating to the Arizona Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 01-13-2019, 03:50 PM

Default Lewis Prison really cracking down on visitation.

There is a new directive. If you donít make it through the metal detectors after2 tries you are done for the day.
No wand, no pat down, you are just turned away! So be forwarded and no metal in your bra hooks or your knees
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2019, 06:19 PM

Thanks for this hun. I will be visiting this year and I’m traveling a long ass way so I’ll make sure I’m prepared. I’d be heartbroken if I flew 14 hours to not get in! Saggy ass titty nana bras, boring baggy sweats and t shirts it is lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to KiwiPP For This Useful Post:
Pamelaspeach (01-15-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 01:07 AM

Make sure you have no metal what so ever. Where black and easy to take off shoes. No metal hooks. They will only let you go through 2 and if you donít make it your done for the day.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pamelaspeach For This Useful Post:
KiwiPP (01-15-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiPP View Post
Thanks for this hun. I will be visiting this year and Iím traveling a long ass way so Iíll make sure Iím prepared. Iíd be heartbroken if I flew 14 hours to not get in! Saggy ass titty nana bras, boring baggy sweats and t shirts it is lol.

Have a wonderful visit wear black and easy to slip off closed toe shoes. No metal bra hooks or underwires.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pamelaspeach For This Useful Post:
KiwiPP (01-15-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 03:36 AM
Our Love Will Never Die!

Well, the CO's just use the wand with me, because I have a pacemaker by my heart, so I never touch the metal detectors or it would kill me. So the only metal I have is my pacemaker, my ring, my earrings and the zipper on my jeans.... that's it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Doug'zGirl~BHLS For This Useful Post:
KiwiPP (01-15-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithHopeLoveDM View Post
Well, the CO's just use the wand with me, because I have a pacemaker by my heart, so I never touch the metal detectors or it would kill me. So the only metal I have is my pacemaker, my ring, my earrings and the zipper on my jeans.... that's it.

Just curious, what colour jeans and style can we wear? Xx
Old 01-15-2019, 03:49 AM
Our Love Will Never Die!

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiPP View Post
Just curious, what colour jeans and style can we wear? Xx
Well I know any kind of clothes I can't have any orange, no brown, and no any kind of military camouflage. And you can't have any torn, ripped or sheer clothes. And "I think" the dresses need to be close to your knees. Well, I'm sure there is more to go... I just can't remember anymore? lol 😂

The Following User Says Thank You to Doug'zGirl~BHLS For This Useful Post:
KiwiPP (01-15-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 07:58 AM
Mischief Makin' Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,159 Times in 1,554 Posts

Also, make sure that you don't wear anything that shows your collarbone.

The Following User Says Thank You to IzzyLouWho For This Useful Post:
KiwiPP (01-15-2019)
Old 01-16-2019, 06:36 AM
Liz

Thanked 1,251 Times in 483 Posts

At Whetstone in Tucson, they have two types of metal detectors. My glasses set off the outside fancy one, as did my watch. So I take everything off - glasses, watch, earrings, belt, and shoes. Then I carry them all inside and drop it all on the counter while I go through the traditional machine. For a bra, not underwires, but also hooks and the metal slide adjusters on the straps can set off the metal detector. I wear a VS bra that has none of anything and I have to pull it up over my butt and hips to get it on, but it works at every facility.

Definitely, cover the collarbone - it is a pet peeve with many of the facilities, as the rules do state it specifically. I sometimes wear a skirt that buttons down the front. To my knees, but one day they told me to button the bottom button. I always take a sweater or jacket with me because the a/c in visitation can be very cold.

Jeans, make sure you don't have extra zippers or metallic decoration. I have worn blue in various shades, black, and white jeans and denim capris. The metal detectors are set to allow for the zipper and button at your waist, but not for extra metal elsewhere on them is what I suspect from my observations of people who are setting off the detectors.

No holes, even decorative ones that are part of the "style" of the garment. You have to have sleeves - no sleeveless - but the rules don't state long, short, cap or any definition of a "sleeve".

The Kingman facility makes you carry your shoes through the metal detector. Sneakers (eyelets) don't affect the machine. I stuck with sneakers and flip flops. Some shoes have metal within the soles/heels, so make sure yours don't or that your sandals don't have some fancy decoration made with metal. (Tucson I don't have to carry them through.)

Make sure you have your legal ID - DL, passport, or whatever you used for your application. If bringing your child, bring the birth certificate.

Make sure you carry only your car key with the fob (if yours has one). I forgot a couple of times and ended up tossing a couple of penlights over the years. A clear plastic bag for your quarters, currently $40. You can use a baggie. Since I am local and visiting more often, I bought a clear plastic makeup/travel bag. It has a zipper and colored trim, which is allowed.

ID, car key, quarters, and unopened pack of cigarettes - that is all you can take in with you. If you have any special medical situations, bring that letter (like the person with a pacemaker, or I have prescription sunglasses that I have to wear outside and regular prescription glasses for inside - so I take in two pair of glasses and take the letter from my doctor with me for every visit).

I don't know about other piercings, but in Kingman my belly button ring set it off and I had to remove it for visits. One set of earrings only. Wedding ring (I am single so don't know if people have to take them off).

Check your pockets when you get out of your car - the ones you are wearing and any coat, jacket, or sweater. I have ended up tossing a few chapsticks over the years.

When it gets closer to your planned visit, post a question in the forums for your particular prison to get input from those currently visiting that facility to find out their particulars. Red Rock privately owned by CCA nka CivicCore, inspected vehicles pretty thoroughly. Kingman, privately owned by GEO, was just pop the trunk and they didn't root through all your possession. Tucson Whetstone, a state prison, cars are not inspected at all. Kingman and Red Rock, visitors line up early, but at Whetstone, there is rarely a line. The most I have waited behind was less than 10.
The Following User Says Thank You to lizlizzie2 For This Useful Post:
KiwiPP (01-16-2019)