Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > PRISON PEN PALS > Prison Inmate Pen-Pal Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison Inmate Pen-Pal Talk General talk about prison pen-pals. Please do not place ads in this forum!

Old 01-13-2019, 03:56 PM

Default Should I Contact Her Once She Gets Out?

I've been writing to a penpal for over one year and I've given her $20 here and there for stamps, BD, Christmas, etc. She has never asked me for anything. I told her I would like to keep in contact with her once she gets out of prison and she said she would also like to keep in contact with me.

She told me where her halfway house is, which is only 40 minutes from me. I sent her a Halloween card and $20 but I never heard back from her. She got out this month.

Should I write her a letter at her halfway house?
(It's been close to 3-months since I've heard from her. We usually exchanged 1-2 letters per month.)
Or her not writing back is telling me it's over?
She has my home address.
What would you do?

Last edited by david92506; 01-13-2019 at 03:59 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2019, 07:04 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 33,559 Times in 15,429 Posts

Personally, I'd send one letter. Nothing questioning her lack of contact, just a pleasant "saying hello / thinking of you & hoping you are well / adjusting to the HWH." Things can & do happen to an inmate's personal property during transport. One letter in case her personals were misplaced, lost, stolen or forcibly thrown out to make sure she had my address.....then the ball is in her court.

If no reply after that, I'd have to suppose that it was over.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 01-14-2019, 12:55 AM
Donation Award 

I agree with Patchouli. There can be a lot of reasons why she has not been in contact and loosing your contact information is quite possible. She may feel you said 'keep in touch' but didn't mean it, or a bunch of other things. Getting out is fraught with thoughts, feelings and all sorts. One more letter, not heavy, just touch base. Be sure to put your sender info, as she may not be at that address any longer.

Its really hard when you care and the person seems to disappear. The not knowing is worse. My heart goes out to you. I hope you hear from her.