Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 01-13-2019, 03:06 PM

Default Coleman Satellite Camp for Women: What can I expect?

Preparing to surrender to Coleman Satellite Camp for Women. I am 61, female, no prior convictions. My husband retired in December, I was preparing to retire soon. Strange how life throws you huge curve balls when you least expect it.
Anyway, I have read as many posts as I could find about daily life in a women’s camp. Was hoping to hear some updated info on what to expect? Are there options in job placements, or simply take what you are given? Are you required to work 8 hours a day? Are there classes to keep your mind occupied, if so what type, outside of GED? What type of recreation is offered...I have read of the possibility of yoga, art, music? Possible?
Looking forward to hearing any feedback you can offer.
Thanks all!
The Following User Says Thank You to Whodathunk For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-13-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2019, 06:11 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,729 Times in 12,038 Posts

I hope you get answers from folks who have been in the Coleman women's camp. Minimum security camps are definitely the best situation in federal prisons. I can't find the Coleman women's A&O rule book on the bop web page. It, and things like commissary and visiting will be similar at all bop owned camps. Here is a link to the all bop facilities page
https://www.bop.gov/locations/list.jsp

The drop down menu under "all facility types" includes "female facilities". Search around to find an A&O, etc. link on one of the minimum security camps that houses females to learn more of what to expect at FCC Coleman.