Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

View Poll Results: How long did it take him to propose?
Months 93 58.49%
years 21 13.21%
still waiting 39 24.53%
He or I never wants to get married 6 3.77%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-13-2011, 07:39 PM
Loving him always

We started writing in Oct. 2010 became a couple in January 2011 and last week he told me in a letter that he wants to share his last name with me. He also said that wasn't an official proposal, he wants to ask my Dad for my hand, have a ring and all the other romantic stuff......He'll be home in 3 months and I'm guess we'll be married by this time next year!!!

Last edited by Scootergirl41; 06-13-2011 at 07:41 PM.. Reason: misspelled words
The Following User Says Thank You to Scootergirl41 For This Useful Post:
Ky901 (08-01-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2011, 01:12 PM

We stared writting in June last year and he asked me via corrlinks on xmas day, best xmas present i ever had
Old 07-12-2011, 08:40 AM
My Heart is N Texas

Started writing 2002, he asked in 2003, and now happily married. =)
The Following User Says Thank You to dc's girl For This Useful Post:
Misstee (07-13-2011)
Old 07-12-2011, 07:55 PM

still waiting. lol. we've talked about marriage. i've been married and he hasn't. i think he's wanting to one day though. as he puts it, he's getting older and wants to settle down. he wanted to do that, settle down, before he got locked up.
anyhoot, we've talked about it. i teased him n said i would only do it if they guy who asked agreed to do it at a certain place and when i described it to him, for he knows the place, i made referrence to it being "some guy" and he got all upset saying "what its not me??!!" he wouldn't settle down till i said, "FINE ITS YOU!" lol.
if he does ever pop the question, i got my answer waiting though....and after some thought, i'd marry him anywhere he wanted since it would be his first. lol. i can day dream about it though lol
The Following User Says Thank You to hismess For This Useful Post:
xmyheart (07-13-2011)
Old 07-13-2011, 10:02 AM

he hasn't "popped the question." he has talked about marriage tho and wanting to settle down with me...has told me he feels i am "the one" and the other day told me he can't wait to wear a wedding band on his finger...we have been in love with each other for about a year and he's getting out in less than a year (9 months to be exact) so I really want to spend some time on the outside before we both make that next leap...I have faith that whatever is meant to be will be!

love is...feeling together even when you are apart...
Old 07-13-2011, 01:33 PM

My MWI asked me after 2 months of knowing each other thru phone calls and letters but asked me not to answer right away. He has 19 years left and just wanted me to know that I was the only girl for him. He didnt expect me to wait that long and said he wouldn't hold me back from living my life, even if it meant that I fell in love with someone else and got married. He sincerely said that he loved me unconditionally. After a few weeks, I answered anyway by asking him! lol Of course I said yes. :0)
Old 07-16-2011, 12:25 AM

After knowing each other for 4 months we knew we wanted to be together forever. We started talking about marriage and debating if we would wait til he came home or not, he left the decision entirely up to me. I decided I didn't want to wait so we began to take the steps to get married. We had the date set, the paperwork in and everything. And then one Saturday during a visit he actually proposed. I was surprised, embarrassed and speechless. He asked me was I going to answer or should he get down on one knee. My response was like something straight out of a movie, I screamed, "Yes, Yes I'll Marry You!" #goodtimes We were married 2 months later.

lowkeysgirl
Old 08-01-2011, 08:51 AM

My babe & I jus started talkn bout marrige....after we met for the first time in person last month after almoat 3yrs of writing...he was sayn how we could get married rite there in visiting & then outa no where hes all ya we should do that...i said wat...& hes all will yu marry me...lol I jus sat thier didnt kno if he was being for real or not...then his cousin interupted & said "ummm no...she aint"...& that was end of subject we all jus started laughing....i wounder if a part of him was serious tho
Old 08-01-2011, 11:33 PM

Default Three Months...but

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeakyswife View Post
Ladies just wondering how long it took for your man to ask you to marry him.
We met through a mutual friend while he was already down. Three months after we met, and on a visit, he asked me to marry him. I looked at him and said something like "are you serious"? Of course he said he was. I told him that we were barely getting to know one another and I thought he was asking me so he could have family visits. Yes I was that straight forward, as I do not jump into anything that quickly. He chuckled and said that was part of the reason, but that he really did love me. I told him that he may as well not hold his breath because I was not ready to marry anyone that I barely knew. He smiled at me and said OK. That was in 1987, and in 1990 we got married. We have been together since and we have a wonderful relationship. He is my best friend.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:10 AM

We 1st met thru my best friend who was his cellie & became the best of friends as our hearts melted together... then after 3&1/2yrs he askend me to marry him, he bent down as if to tie his boot down on 1 knee in the visiting room, the who room became silent waiting 4 my reply... awwww even tho it was in the visiting room it was so unexpected & very special... I said YES!!!! We're gonna wait until he gets out & have a big wedding..
Old 08-03-2011, 01:12 PM
Patience is the key

He asked me again last night and I said yes. He then says good because the Proxy paperwork will be there tomorrow and my mom is getting a certified birth certificate. It will be sent to you and should arrive Friday. So as soon as you have the stuff start the process.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:22 AM

He asked 6 months after our first letter and we were married 6 months after that. January 2012 will be 2 yrs that we are married.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:36 PM

Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 PTOQ Editorial Team Member Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Winner 

Thanked 1,875 Times in 1,190 Posts

Hmm I really needed an 'other' option so I ended up having to select still waiting. We have talked about it and he has asked however we have both agreed that we want to wait until I move to America (I move in September on a 12 month working visa)

*edit* completely confused - I replied to this post because I thought it was relatively new as it was at the top of the forum yet the last post was in 2011? *completely confused* LOL

USA Green Card DV 2017 Lotto Winner for OC CN7**
The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, forgetting that you are special too
Previous International - Long Distance - MWI Relationship

Last edited by shaunna; 03-09-2012 at 04:37 PM..
Old 03-09-2012, 07:56 PM

Idk around 7 months or so... but he didn't ask he told me and im ok with that
Old 03-11-2012, 01:17 PM
His smile warms my heart

We have talked about marriage but I believe he is waiting until he gets out to do it up right!
Old 03-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Muah.Love.K!ss.Life

It took a yr and 4 months && he did it on the third day of our first visit at picture time
Old 03-12-2012, 12:08 PM

After two years, he asked where i wanted to be in the future Married ? single? dating ? But no proposal : (
Old 03-12-2012, 12:42 PM

He asked me year and a half in,,,, I'm still holding out...

There is only one man who has ever made me feel as loved as Zachary has,,,that man was my father, for now that he has come into my life and Daddy's gone,,, I am no longer Daddy's Little Girl, I am his WOMAN.

Old 03-23-2012, 05:53 AM

Smile Married

i been writing to my guy since October last year...

And decided i was gonna propose this February 29th (leap yr and being part Irish) and...he said yes...

But he says when i go to see him in 2015 when he gets out..he wants to ask me properly hehe...with a ring.. xx
Old 03-23-2012, 06:04 AM
Account Closed

A year and 2 months. It took me a month to respond. He wouldnt have asked until he was out. But I was offered a job with TDCJ (Tx prisons).that required we be married, or no contact. Ever. Not even letters or jpay. Including 2 years after should I leave,the job. I refused to take it and found the much less paying, god awful job I'm in now and that made him not want to wait. So I finally said yes, and we've been married for 4 days now.

Last edited by brokennglass; 03-23-2012 at 06:05 AM..
Old 03-23-2012, 06:24 PM

It has taken him 8 years and still no question

AO2TT
Old 03-24-2012, 07:44 PM

I met my guy "on the Job" - I worked in the unit where he was housed - when we met. My now-ex had told me he was filing for divorce, but I didn't want to get involved while I was still legally married. But Scott hinted quite a few times that he was going to ask me as soon as it was final. It was probably a week or so after that. I wasn't sure I wanted to marry him while he was still in prison, and then it turned out we can't get married until after because of my having worked at the DOC - we just "pretend" we are married. We even wear wedding rings, and he uses his surname when he writes me, and I do when I write him, and we just use my legal name when we deal with the DOC and other official stuff. It's our little rebellion. After all, he's locked up and so we can't shack up anyway. It was over a year ago we became engaged, and we probably have about six more to go. It's a rough road, but I wouldn't turn around for the world!
Old 06-05-2018, 04:20 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,985 Posts

I don't want a proposal - if that what he's got on his mind - while he's still in prison. I'd say no.
I want him to come home first and get to know me and I want to get to know him while we are both on the outside.
In my case he's been in way too long to know what to expect.
The is actually the last thing on my mind and I'm not into this relationship for a proposal.
a.rare.love (06-21-2018), BearsLadyBear (07-03-2018), WeepingWillow (06-14-2018)
Old 06-11-2018, 11:54 AM

It took a month after we broke up LMFAO like that was gonna draw me back in. dodged a bullet.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to yuliya1991 For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (06-21-2018), Breaz (09-24-2018), MissOne (06-17-2018), Sarianna (06-17-2018)
Old 06-14-2018, 12:20 AM
Southern Fried Site Moderator on Leave

PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 3,883 Times in 1,331 Posts

About a month in he asked me what I was going to do when he got down on one knee abs asked me to be his. I was out drinking with friends and I believe my answer was “Marry the shit out of you!”

He made me a promise ring and gave it to me after maybe 2 years? But he didn’t officially propose until after he came home. 6 months home and 3 years together.