Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > PTO Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PTO Lounge Come in... put your feet up and relax... talk about anything non-prison related! Hobbies, Books, Technical and Do it Yourself, Travel and more.

Old 11-03-2007, 11:14 AM
hATiN' iS A WEAk EM0Ti0N

Default what's his problem?!

my man called thursday night [ 3 times ] but i was sleeping because i had a migraine so i missed the calls. he called back yesterday with the ONLY attitude. he asked why i didn't answer and i told him but he didn't believe me so i was just like whatever & stopped talking. he didn't have anything else to say either, so he said he would call me back on sunday. i said ok, and he just hung up on me! no i love u or anything. then he called back 12 times but i never answered. he's not gonna hang up on me then call right back & try to kiss a$s... it doesn't work like that!! i don't know WHAT his problem is. he comes home in 5 weeks, so if he's acting like this now i can only imagine how things will be when he gets home. i'm just tired ya know?... i'm the ONLY one who goes to see him, sends him money, sends him stamps & envelopes, EVERYTHING!... yet i'm the one who gets b*=ched at for NO reason. i'm one more bad phone call away from being DONE. what do you ladies think?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2007, 12:18 PM

I understan that attitude alot one day my husband nice the next he going crazy over why i didn't pick up on first ring and sometime he calles just to see if i pick the phone up and then hang up crazy so last time we agrue i just turn my phone off complete the letter start comeing of all crazyness but i tell him i love him and deal with it im tired of wasting moeny on call just to get treated like sh***T When im the only when holding him down so he as 12 weeks to go i know we will agrue but our love is strong what happen when he get home well he either love me or leave and that life
Old 11-03-2007, 04:59 PM
Forever and a day!

He is probably on pins and needles waiting for release! I would cut him some slack. This doesnt necessarily mean he will be like this when he comes home. You are both stressed and tired of this prison s**t. It's almost over baby....hang in there!!!

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly

Old 11-03-2007, 05:37 PM
Loving my husband

Every so often my baby turns into "Monster Man" - I got tired of paying to have my A$$ chewed so I started unplugging the phone after the first grumpy call (ring ring ring and no answering machine!) - he doesn't turn into "A$$ Monster From HE$$" anymore - Things get him wound up and he needs emotional release and we can't have sex so he wants to argue - he gets super emotional then super lovey - sometimes sex talk will calm him down - distract him - put happy pictures in his mind. I have also learned to confront him (call him on it) instead of just crying like I use to when he growled at me - crying made him WORSE because he would feel really frustrated and guilty!! He has told me he doesn't realize he gets so wound up and when I confront him it helps him pull himself together. We are committed to each other so the bottom line is we never say anything intentionally to hurt the other - we just grump at each other - we just are who we are, in the situations we are in, doing the best we can. The other day he said "HELLO" when I became quiet - he was wound up and I could tell the converstation was going down hill - he is at South Florida Reception Center and that traveling in shackles is horrible - anyway I said very sternly "I hate it when you talk to me like that!!" - he calmed right down and said, I guess this will be the only time I call you because "I" don't want to argue. LOL LOL Yeah yeah - he wanted me to know that even if I uplugged the phone he wouldn't be calling so it didn't matter!! LOL He was having some really horrible days and trying to keep it in. THe first day at SFRC he came across a dude that had just violated parole and was locked back up after being on the street for 3 years. This dude - screwed up my mans legal work on the street - got his case time barred - was a paralegal contact of David Mack's - and my baby didn't tell me about confronting him until later Then my baby told me about not having a matress the first night - sleeping on the steel, no water the first day, about the horrible food - I just don't know how an institution can be run so poorly. I didn't unplug the phone and he called back and was human - he does better when he shares the shi$ with me. Prison is a horrific place!
Old 11-03-2007, 06:03 PM
getting close!

My hon tried that once and I said Nuh uh No more, boy! I've got life to live and it doesn't ALWAYS (mostly, but not ALWAYS) revolve around DOC. If I take a nap and don't answer, sorry but you're SOL. Get over it! He hates that saying! *LOL*

I say give him some time to cool his jets then explain the situation to him. And, don't forget that he's getting short which means emotions are running high for you both. So many emotions, so little time to discuss them. Both of you take a deep breath and come back together with a renewed resovle to work things out in a more positive manner.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:28 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 12,841 Times in 4,101 Posts
Default He spoiled

,,,Calm down Mama,,its going to be alright,,,you too close to throw in the towel,,he 's got the pre-relase jitters,,mind going crazy,,,just hang in there.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Patiently Waiting
Donation Award 

I'm a lay the law down kinda woman. He knows I don't play hang up games with MY money and he knows I'm not playing the I don't believe why you didn't answer game either. Girl nip that crap in the bud. If he's stressed about release imagine how stressful being a newly released man with a record will be. How we handle stress is a choice. He may need some help re-evaluating his choices.

Just breath deep but personally I'd address this before he comes home to more stress. No need for your reunion to be spoiled because emotions are taking over.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Banned

Just remember where he is and realize maybe he is just stressed..Mine calls acting a fool too and I tell him to get control of himself I am not putting up with his BS... He hung up on me the last day he had phone minutes..I was outside did not get his last call where he had 1 min of phone time left and my 7 yr old son answered and used up our LAST Min for the month of OCT on Oct 12....NOW no calls for over 2 weeks and USP Coleman 1 is in lockdown until Thanksgiving..NOW he writes apologized 10 times for that "stupid" phone call...he apologizes..If yours apologizes OK, if not you my hae trouble with him...been there before..
Old 11-03-2007, 08:23 PM
bruce3

I Know How It Is Too. My Husband Gets These Attitudes About Thinking I Am Out Doing Something Else If I Don't Answer His Calls When He Calls. I Tell Him He Better Chill Out. I Am The One Who Is Paying For These Calls Not You. I Told Him Like I Know When Are Suppose To Be Calling.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:28 PM
hATiN' iS A WEAk EM0Ti0N

well... i just talked to him and he apologized and said he's just stressed, ready to come home, and a little upset because i've been having some medical issues and i told him in a letter that i don't care anymore & i give up [ on the medical stuff ]. =/

Old 11-05-2007, 07:06 AM

I would be a bit angry!.. I am so sick of those petty attitudes and always being understanding.. Well tuff! My husband had attitude a while back because I questioned how much money he had been requesting.. I don't care,I will questioned anything that I am working my rear off to get and giving more than half to ensure he is" comfy" and I best not hear any complaints LOL
Old 11-05-2007, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAViD`Sz_WiFEY
what do you ladies think?
PRISON. That is what I think. Confinement, adjustment, coming home, trying to control his own feelings. My husband use to do that, we both did. It was not just him, it was me also.

I think if he apologized then let it go. He knows he did wrong. Who has not went off a few times on their loved ones?

After 4.5 years...We made it... Feb 11th 2008- I have no clue where I am going from here

Old 11-07-2007, 07:46 PM
Once in a Lifetime

I know how you feel. I went through the same thing. I couldn't visit because I stayed in bed a lot with back pain and sleep alot with the medication. Since he didn't see me or get to talk to me he was b!$ching. He stopped when he thought lost me.

November 2009 is when my family will be complete!!!
Old 11-07-2007, 07:56 PM

I guess thats normal, cuz, people on the outside think that prisoners are a burden to them and drain the system and stuff, and our loved ones think that it rubs off on us and that we feel that way about them too.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:36 PM
MY LONELY DAYS ARE OVER!
Donation Award 

LOL I just have this to say: It's not all roses when you are a "free" couple either. There are things to work out everyday. As long as you let him know how you feel and he understands, accepts it and you work at it together then it's all good. Hey sometimes it isn't though, unfortunatly. Believe me I have gotten the attitude about not answering the phone. And I just say excuse me? and he understands and apologizes. Then I explain what happened. Your man is probably stressed and anxious right now trying to walk that fine line not wanting to get into any mess before he leaves. He wants that date to remain the same. There are a million things going through his head right now including yours I would believe. No matter how long they are in they get to make that phone call and there's no one to talk to? hmmm. I am not saying the attitude was right, just think about how relationships really work and you will know (as you do already) we got it harder.
I don't believe in the attitude it's my way or the highway. My Hubby and I are a couple, no matter what. I guess that's why we have been together 14 years.
Be strong girl! Your a prison wifey you know how!

Old 11-09-2007, 09:25 PM
hATiN' iS A WEAk EM0Ti0N

thank you all for the replies. i'll keep everything each one of you said in mind. =]

Old 11-10-2007, 08:59 PM
<3

it's alot to handle coming home for him, and for you. i would both consider slowing down and taking this time to make sure everything is ok- is he ok? maybe he's just anxious, scared, annoyed, everything!! it's alot of emotions for them to look forward to coming home and he's just nervous, honey. don't worry it will pass!! just get ready for him to come home to you.. and when he does, things will be a-ok!
Old 11-14-2007, 01:42 PM
always his sunshine

Default maybe..............

he had been hanging out with my husband because I swear he was acting the same way on those same days LOL!!!

I wasn't sleep when he called I was in the shower, didnt hear the phone. when I got out the shower i heard it ringing and then I had to run downstairs to get it. By this time he had hung up. When he called back I answered he says "why didn't you answer when i called the first time?" i explained to him that i was in the shower and we had just talked 20 min ago and wasn't thinking he was going to call back this night etc..etc... and then he hung up! ...ok...so why did i get hung up on ? idk and i dont care. he calls back 3 more times that night and i didnt answer. Sunday morning he calls with the i'm sorry bit!

maybe your man just has the pre-release anxiety going on.