Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

Old 05-13-2006, 07:32 AM

Hello there, I was directed to this forum from someone who replied a question from another PTO because I had a question about my new penpal - this is super I've met my penpal and am not 100% sure what made me choose HIS ad over all the others (only wrote to him from that site) - but it's surely been a blessing for both of us !! I know I've been hesitant because of the distance between us - but at the same time, I can't ignore the simple fact that we've connected so well in a short time - 2 1/2 months so far. He's SUCH a sweet person and we're both taking everything slowly because it's been a long time since either of us were in any kind of relationship - who can say what will happen, but he definitely wants a relationship and I do as well. I think what "sealed the deal" (as far as me deciding to say YES about being a couple) was that he told me in a letter he made extra effort to write me every day because I was feeling sick and crappy and wanted to cheer me up I almost cried - I thought it was SUCH a sweet thing to do We'll see what happens...
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2006, 11:42 PM

I met my man while he was incarcerated on a 9 year sentence. And he's coming home in 6 months or so.

Old 05-15-2006, 12:03 AM

I'm fairly new to the whole thing, but I've gotten close to my pen pal. I met him about 5 months ago on a pen pal website. We have connected so well together. I didn't think I'd met someone as sweet as him, but I did. Even though we have been writing for a short period of time, I think we have something special between us. After he gets his final time cut, he'll have 6 months or so left to go on a 9 year sentence. We have talked about becoming more but we haven't made any promises about what's to be yet. But I think that's the way I want to go with us. He's never gave me a reason to doubt or not trust him in any way. I've started visiting him on May 5 and the Friday after that. So, I'm hoping for the best between us.

Old 05-21-2006, 09:11 AM

hi

i am maria and i am here for a while reading and get information.but i have never introduced myself
i am 27 and my fiance is in hdsp. i have met him true a pen pall site.
on year ago. and i have to say i really love him.
i come from the netherlands so maybe my englisch is not that good but now you understand where i come from.
i got a lot of questions but i whil ask them later.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:53 AM
WINNING! Admin

PTOQ Editorial Team Member 

Donation Award 

Thanked 37,876 Times in 10,462 Posts

WELCOME to each and everyone of you. I am sure you will find the Met While Incarcerated family to be a friendly and informative one. I hope to get to know all of you better in the days ahead. Thank you for joining us, the more the merrier!!!

All the best,
Patty

THIS CORRESPONDENCE
IS FROM A WOMAN IN LOVE
WITH A FORMER INMATE OF
THE ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT
OF CORRECTIONS

Old 05-21-2006, 12:14 PM

thank you and i am sure i will like it here.
Old 05-21-2006, 02:01 PM

Hi everyone

I am new to this site, just board and browsing the web and I happened upon this site and thought it would be cool to join. Well I'll try to be as brief as I can, me and my man now of going on a little over 3 years meet while he was still in county jail. We meet through a friend, actually my friend's boyfriend was cell mates with my now boyfriend. At first when my friend told me that her boyfriend had been telling his cell mate about me and he was interested and wanted me to write him I was extremely scepticle. I just gotten out of a relationship (if that's what you want to call it) with someone who had just gotten out and while he was locked up he was trying to fill my head with all that jail talk and when he got out he never lived up to any of the promises and things he told me he would do, so running into this similar situation didn't give me a good feeling at all I told my girl no maam you can miss me on that, thinking to myself why is it that I keep having run in's with jail birds. A few weeks had past since she mentioned it and one day she called me at home with her boyfriend on 3-way telling me that he told his friend all about me and he was really interested, and he was standing right beside him and wanted to take down my address so he could write me, I was put on the spot and before I could dispute the phone was passed and the sexiest voice was on the other end and all could do was say ok here is my address and from that point on it's been history. When I got his first letter he was telling me about his self and also mentioning all the things that he was told about me from my friend's boyfriend and how he was really wanted to meet me, when I wrote back I was honest with him about my recent experience and was not at all looking for a serious relationship, just wanted to have that someone I could talk to and he seemed like he needed the same so I wanted to keep it strictly on a friend level and we would see how things went when he got out. A few months went by and I wrote and sent pictures, he put me on his visitation list and we talked about his plans for his life when he got out. I knew what he was there for but from what he told me he said that he was innocent and so called friends of his were trying to put a crime that they committed on him, at the time I really wasn't aware of the seriousness of the charges he was up against and thought he would be out in a few months, and from the impression he was giving me I assumed he was thinking the same way, until his case came up and when I went to see him that day I was stressed about some other stuff and thought that seeing him would make me feel better until he told me that he took a deal and would have to serv 10 years, it was then that I realized that my feelings had evovled and he was more than just a friend I had strong feelings for him and was devastated that we wouldn't be together as soon as I had hoped, since I had just been treating him as a friend I didn't want him to see my true feelings so I ended the visit and told him I had to go. I cried all the way home, my emotions were going crazy, I didn't really know what to think, I kept telling myself that I was trippen because he was just a friend this wasn't suppose to get serious. I wrote him and told him how sorry I was about his situation and I came out and told him the real reason I had to leave was because I didn't want hime to see me cry, I told him to not think that just because I knew he got all that time I would abandon him, when they shipped him to prison I would still keep in touch and come visit him every once in a while and we agreed to maintain a causual relationship. I guess both of our feelings became too overwhelming and he came out and told me that he really cared about me and was thinking that it was love but wasn't sure because of the way we meet if it was possible and he asked me to be his girl, I wrote him and told him that even though I had feelings for him, given his time, I wasn't sure if it was realistic or if I was willing to make that committment I had just turned 20 and didn't know if I would be willing to put my life on hold, I didn't tell him no, I told him I needed time to think about it. It took me 6 months after he was shipped off to a prison about an hour away for me to finally realize that I wanted to be with him and ever since then it's been official. I have meet just about his whole family and they consider me apart of the family his mother calls me her daughter in law and there isn't a family function that goes by that they don't call to invite me to, I talk to his grandmother at least every other week and when we end our phone call she always tells me she loves me. I've always told him that 10 years is a long time and I don't even know if we will be the same people we are now that we are at 30 but we take it one day at a time and I just keep finding that I love him more and more as each day goes by. Last November about 2 weeks before Thanksgiving a member of the Parole Board visited him and told him that the max time he would have to do is 5 years since he has already done 3 that means at most he only has 2 more, I'm getting mixed messages because when I researched his charge online, By GA Law once sentenced you have to serve your full sentence without any chance of parole but I'm praying what he was told is true and we can finally be together in 2 years.

Well I guess I didn't do a great job of keeping this brief hit me up sometimes you guys.
The Following User Says Thank You to C-Lover For This Useful Post:
DustysGirl (10-20-2008)
Old 05-21-2006, 04:48 PM

C-lover, welcome. Don't ever worry about the length of a post. We're here to listen and support.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:00 AM

Default New kid on the block

Hello everyone! I am sooooo happy I found this site! I have been through so much over the past year and needed something like this so bad. Thank you God! I'm sitting here boo-hooing like a baby right now because I finally have someone to talk to, I hope. I don't really know what the "rules" are or how exactly this all works, but I am certainly willing to find out. I saw another "section" on "husbands/boyfriends in prison" or something like that and then I saw the "met while incarcerated" subject and began reading. Like the other person above, I don't mean to be long-winded, but man I need to vent! I worked in a state prison in the medical dept for several years and never once thought I would end up falling in love with an inmate. Don't mean to sound harsh, but it was very much against the rules and never crossed my mind. I guess I'll share our "love story" later for brevity's sake. I had to resign my position, needless to say. He was transferred to another facility and I finally found out how to reach him and we began writing. We were not allowed phone calls until about 6 months ago. I am still not allowed to visit. He is up for parole in a couple years. I found this site looking for information to contact the group Fairness for Prisoners' Families in hopes to see what, if any, avenues I had to be allowed to visit him. I am so happy I found you! This man truly is the love of my life. I wasn't looking and never expected it. He calls me Precious, thus my "name".
Old 05-24-2006, 12:53 PM

my name is michelle and i met my man jesus through an ex boyfriend of mine three years ago. we just started going out in january. he has four more years left. he gets out on may 8, 2010. hes going to try to get out on parole so we can be together. he broke up with me last month and i was crushed but the his mom talked to him and told him that if he really loved me then he would fix it and he asked me to marry him and i said yes. so now we are getting married when he gets out. i have never been happier then i am now. i cant wait till he gets out.

Last edited by mrs.j.salazar; 05-24-2006 at 01:03 PM..
Old 05-25-2006, 10:56 PM

Default "Divine Intervention".........or The Amazing Computer!

Hello to everyone! I am new to this and have been checking out the different forums. I was happy to find this one! I met my "sweetie" through a penpal site when I was on there checking out my brothers' ad to see how many hits he had received. For some strange reason when I kept trying to pull up my brother it kept directing me to a picture of a very handsome young man with a beautiful smile that made me do a double take! (U GOTTA LOVE YOUR COMPUTER!) I tried probably three times and finally I took a second to read his ad then I left the website all together. Needless to say I could not get that smile out of my head..........Later I went back to the website wrote down the info and TOOK A CHANCE! I don't know that I was "looking" for anything in a sense but SOMETHING drew me to this person and when pen met paper the words started flowing so naturally like I was writing someone I'd known for years. I didn't receive his response right away and later learned that he was taken by surprise first for receiving a letter and second by the sincerity that came across to him in the letter. That was almost six months ago and we've written each other at least 2-3 times a week (sometimes more) ever since. We talk as often as possible (as he is allowed) and our conversations have been beautiful and very comfortable. I never felt any discomfort about the idea probably because my brother has been incarcerated for 8 years in a federal prison and I would never want anyone to judge him based on that situation (if that makes any sense). I have a strong belief that we are placed in the lives of others (vice versa) for a reason and nothing occurs by happenstance. He says it was "divine intervention"! We have found that we have SO MUCH in common, our interests, likes/dislikes, dreams and desires etc..etc.. Our feelings for each other came about so naturally and we both feel very good about EVERYTHING now and in the future. I'm usually not one to "fall in love" but I can't help but to love and adore this man!!!! He has served 10 years of a long sentence (I'm not going to claim it!) and will hopefully have things worked out in our favor real soon! I will travel almost 10 hrs. for my first visit real soon and I'm excited and nervous! But, I know everything will be alright! I'm very glad to have found this forum and I've enjoyed the "family" atmosphere. I look forward to this new experience!
Old 05-26-2006, 08:36 AM
anthony's girl always!!

hi there my name is samantha! like mscrystal above me i am in the same type of situation, i met anthony through his father he is a friend of my aunt, he told me about his son and the situation he was in, and being the person i am and the life i lived i felt for him, so i started writing, it was a little ackward at first bc we didnt knwo eachother, and i had never written to anyone before......but as the letters started coming more and began to get longer and longer, i fell for this man, we have so much in common and come from the same background that its a trip, like we were made for eachother, everyone thinks i am crazy, thats why i am glad to find you ladies, your there for me and i am for you, and thats definetly something that feels really good, its hard to talk to people out here cuz unless they are in the same situation they dont know where you are coming from..... so thanks, it feels good to finally be able to talk about my true feelings for anthony......i love this man, and cant wait for him to be home with me, i have never met him face to face either, that is until tomorrow, i am flying out to california to go visit for the first time, im soooo excited. I have pictues of him and him of me, but to fell him, hold him, kiss him, i cant wait. And i know that its going to go by so fast so i am going to make the most of it, and hopefully can go back out there soon to see him, if not he gets out sept this year so wish me luck!!!! and thanks for this forum, i think i will learn alot and get to know alot of you, so thanks!!!
Old 05-26-2006, 08:42 AM
anthony's girl always!!

hi there everyone thanks for this forum it will be a lot of help, i am in the same situation and hes coming home in sept cant wait, until then we will get to know eachother a lot better!!!
Old 05-27-2006, 09:11 PM

hi everybody! my name is vickie, and i'm from a small town in mississippi. i guess i should start from the begining....
i first got involved in the prison scene when my youngest daughter told me she and a friend were doing a paper for school on inmate corospondance(i can't spell) and was it ok to write an inmate? well, i freaked at first, but she convinced me it was ok, and that she would be careful. it worked out great. well, a relationship i had been in for 7 years ended shortly after that, and almost a year later she convinced me to find a pen-pal. i was apprehensive at first, but said what the hell. now it's 5 years and lots of new friends later. but i had gotten to the point that i was getting too many letters. i just couldn't keep up with them all. so i removed my name from the list. they dwindled down to nothing finally. until one day......my son went to get the mail, and told me i had a new prison letter(as he called them). i said just throw it away. he said aw mom, you can't throw this one away, it's from ronald macdonald. i grabbed the envelope, and sure enough, it said ronnie mcdonald. i said well i can't let him down! so i read it, and the rest is history. i never knew my future was in that envelope. we've been writing for almost 2 years, and we met for the first time this past january. it was through glass of course. at our visit, he got down on one knee behind that glass and asked me to marry him. how could i say no? so on feb. 14th, the day of love, i married the love of my life. he sees parole this oct., and we're hoping for the best. he's in fort stockton, texas, so we will try the interstate compact thing.
i know exactly what you all mean about the things people say when they find out your involved with someone on the inside. but i have found so much support and love here. it's the greatest site on the web. goodness, i've written a novel! i hope you all don't mind, and you can consider yourself blessed with a new friend!
Attached Images
File Type: gif myspaceicons230.gif (35.8 KB, 391 views)

Old 05-29-2006, 08:55 AM

Default Introducing Catminister

Hi, Everyone, I'm Catminister. I've been on Prison Talk about a month or so. I was thinking of a question to ask, and I found this place, which seems like where I should be.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:21 AM
WINNING! Admin

PTOQ Editorial Team Member 

Donation Award 

Thanked 37,876 Times in 10,462 Posts

Welcome welcome welcome to all the newcomers, we're so glad to have you here with us. We aren't fancy but we're happy to make room on the couch for y'all so have a seat and make yourselves at home!!!

All the best,
Patty

THIS CORRESPONDENCE
IS FROM A WOMAN IN LOVE
WITH A FORMER INMATE OF
THE ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT
OF CORRECTIONS

Old 05-29-2006, 10:16 AM
Ghetto Boo

I was a pen pal to many and a family friend asked me to look up his brother in jail , he had been feeling bad that he lost touch , so I found him and wrote him asking if he wanted a pen pal ad , seeing that his own brother hadn't wrote in years , he wrote back , and we just kept on , the brother that asked me to look him up never wrote and we fell out about that !! I am in love , and happier then I have ever been ,

Old 05-29-2006, 01:17 PM

Wow, so many new comers since my last post. Welcome, welcome and welcome.

We looking forward to chatting w/ you and getting to know you guys.

Pull up a chair, grab a beverage of your choice and jump right in, for we're family and we're all have something in common; therefore, there's no little you or big us. We're all on the same level.

Welcome and best wishes.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:49 PM

i live in wis i had met my best friend and soul mate who is in mo state prison it has been four months but havent met face to face yet.hopefully we will in aug
Old 05-31-2006, 07:25 AM
anthony's girl always!!

good luck girl and dont let nothing bring you down, stay behind him the whole way always, i went up to see my man last weekend and they were on lock-down, so i didnt get to visit, that would of been our first meeting---we were soo excited---he thought i was going to give up on him after that, never,,,,,i am determined to see him soon, if i have to wait til sept---when he gets out---so hang in there girl and keep ya head up!!!

Old 05-31-2006, 01:38 PM

HELLO Everyone! I met my baby through his sister, my exhusband's new wife. She had asked me to write because he was down and not receiving any mail (not even his family) So we started writing and it started off very impersonal and no biggie kinda thing. THEN we started talking about personal things just through the process of getting to know each other. In just 2 short months, I had fallen for him. I went to "meet" him on May 19, 2006 (BEST DAY OF MY LIFE) and when he walked in and our eyes met, I knew I loved him. At the end of our visit he whispered to me "I LOVE YOU" I was so taken back and shocked to hear such sacred words from him, I don't think he even heard me tell him that I loved him too. He is my sunshine in this crazy messed up world. He is so affectionate and romantic - I love it! I write him everyday. and he writes me about twice a week. I can't stop thinking about him throughout the day and have caught myself smiling quite a bit lately. I am truly blessed to have found my soulmate.
Thank you for this site, I have found it to be VERY supportive and reassuring that I'm not alone in the quest to conquer the walls that divide us.
Congrats to you all who have found true love.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:28 AM
LONLEY

Smile Met While Incarcerated

I MET MY MAN WHILE HE WAS INCARCERATED,,, AND I AM SO IN LOVE... I CAN'T WAIT TILL HE'S HOME...
Old 06-02-2006, 11:14 AM
LONLEY

WELL HERE'S MY STORY ... I MET MY MAN WHILE HE WAS IN PRISON AND HE'S STILL THERE. HE IS SERVING HIS 19TH YEAR, I WAS MARRIED TO HIS BROTHER AND I USE TO WRITE TO HIM AND WE WOULD GO VISIT HIM AND I STARTED TO GET FEELINGS FOR HIM. SO I PURSUED IT AND HE HAD THE SAME FEELINGS FOR ME AND WE STARTED TO GET TOGETHER, SO I ENDED IT WITH THE BROTHER AND WE HAVE BEEN TOGETHER EVERYSINCE NOW IT HAS BEEN SIX YEARS AND I AM SO IN LOVE WITH HIM. AND I CAN'T WAIT FOR HIM TO GET HOME..
Old 06-02-2006, 11:25 AM
loving and missing them

i met my man while i was incarcerated. i was serving my last year at CCWF Chowchilla,CA.and my home girl was writing her brother in law who was (and still is) fighting a double life sentense.well...his letters to her were so intelligent and well....just wonderful!!!i bugged and bugged her and finally when she paroled,i got his hookup. we wrote (and still do)all of 2005, he was my life saver!!! i paroled Dec.2005 and march 25th we celebrated our one year anniversary. he is still awaiting trial and we continue to write and talk on the phone!!!!!!!WOW it was so wonderful to finally get to hear his voice!!!!!we plan on getting married whether he is convicted or not.it will be hard if he is cause he paroled from an indertiminate SHU term at pelican bay CA.so he will be transported right back there. no phone no visits. we have yet to meet face to face cause the terms of my parole wont let me but we keep on pushin!!!! i shake my head in awe and wonder at times when i think of how i met this man and the feelings he brought forth in me. i wrote a book of poetry while i was down maybe i will share some of them(so many to him)with any one who might want to read them. love is real........and strong enough to transend miles,barbed wire,and brick walls...
Old 06-02-2006, 12:14 PM

Hi Everyone... I am new to all this so bear with me!!!..like most of everyone on this site i met my friend Elliott from a penpal site.. I wasn't looking for anything but a friend, but what I did get was so much more... somethings just happen for a reason!...LOL he has been in 7 years and still has 5 to go. I have know him for almost a years now and he seems like a sweet guy with a big heart. he has talked about marraige and a future, but my biggest worry is what will happen after the next 5 years are over.... only time will tell... this is an awsome site.. I plan on spending alot of time here.... thanks everyone!