Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

Old 02-12-2006, 05:01 PM
patiently waiting

I first met my husband in 2002, through an internet pen pal site. Within 2 months I drove 6 hours to meet him and his family then a few months later we were married. It was difficult for me society, my mom and some members of his family were against it. I asked for divorce and he granted it. Last year he sent me a birthday card, from there we slowly started writing to each other again. Thankfully now he is less then an hour from me. In October i went and visited him since our divorce, it was three years since I last seen him. In Nov. we started the marriage process once again. I'm proud to say that I'm a Mrs. again as of Feb. 9th!

Anna
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2006, 06:06 PM
home since 8/06

hi, I am Jen...

I met my husband in a picture...about 7 years ago...through a friend, and then later he wrote to me...we wrote for a year as friends, and then in person, I started to visit often and then 2 years later we were married ... almost 6 years later and two hits at the parole board and he will be home soon!

Quote:
I know that he is my soul mate and daily, I thank God for allowing us to me. I often tell my friend that I am grateful for his badness, b/c this is how we met. He has been consistent from the time we've developed our friendship/relationship. He is a man of his word.
Thunder this is wonderful...and I feel the same way!
Old 02-12-2006, 10:54 PM
strong enough

I am so excited about this forum. I met my husband when another inmate on his cell block gave him my address, he wrote to me. We met face to face and we already had feelings for eachother but it was love at first site and a year and a half later we got married. My man is a lifer too and my family and lots of friends don't agree with my decision but I am very happy. I have three children who love him and he claims them, my ex is a deadbeat and he never has contact with us, two of my children asked him if they can call him Daddy, and he loves them, I believe that man would walk threw fire for them if he had too. Even though we only see him about 2-3 times a month we have become a solid family unit despite his circumstances.
juliegarcia (07-03-2009), RaysGirlDesi (07-08-2011)
Old 02-12-2006, 10:55 PM
Clueless Michigan Member
Donation Award 

Well my story is kind of difficult to explain on here but I used to work inside a facility and got involved with a guy. Things didn't work out but I was still worried about him so I wrote to one of his friends and asked him to keep an eye out for him. His friend wrote back and we started writing as friends. He supported me through some tough stuff and things developed. We wrote for 5 months, then talked on the phone for 2 more months until I was finally able to visit him. Unfortunately they were non-contact visits because of his level. At the end of January he was finally transferred to a lower level and we had our first contact visit on Feb 2! First kiss and first hug were very nice to say the least. I am always looking forward to the next visit, the next call and the next letter! He is a wonderful man and I am blessed to know him.

Old 02-13-2006, 10:00 AM
wifey

hi my name is sharon i met mt hunny 5 years ago we started out as p/p we sre still as strong as ever i finally got to come out to see him as sq in oct 05 it was really scarey and now im coming out to see him this june so now i know how the system work i might be a bit more relaxed than the last time
Old 02-13-2006, 10:01 AM
Awaiting Destiny in 2008

Hi! AWESOME FORUM!!!

I have known my sweet blue eyed man for 25 years. I had a major crush on him in jr high, I was placed in states custoday at the end of jr high and moved from girls home to girls home and on with my life!

I knew he went to prison when I heard he shot that girl, it broke my heart. I still hadn't written him at that point, continued on with my life! Two years ago a very close friend of mine went to jail then prison, it brought back my memory of Andrew going to prison and I decided to reach out to him with support and friendship. He remembered me right away as the giggly girl on the school bus who always played walk like an egyptian! ya for real We wrote a lot, getting closer every day, beginning to have feelings and finally I was approved to visit. I loved him before that day and have fallen more in love with him every day since! He was brougth into my life and I am very thankful for that, everything happens for a reason and we are able to grow close emotionally before we add sex in the mix! We just recently started talking about marrying while he is in. He wants to build his relationship with my kids and they do too but they can't visit unless we are married. We had already planned a 2009 wedding, but now we might just do it while hes in and then again in 2009!!!!!!!

Anyways, thats my story! LOL

Old 02-13-2006, 02:58 PM
Always in his corner

I met my boo (haven't found a good title for him yet) through a pen pal site. We write several times a week and I'm looking forward to visiting in March. He has asked me to marry him but I think we need a little more time before we take that step. Still, he's very loving and caring and we're talking about raising a family together and all of that good stuff. He's up for parole in 2008.

My little son JWill was born 1-29-05. We live in dreamland together. He's a "daddy's baby"!

I'm missing...

My son's daddy, and my Love, at Hunt in Louisiana

My lil cousin Bullet in TDCJ
Old 02-13-2006, 09:34 PM
Closed

I met my guy through a penpal ad. I was just looking to do something nice for someone on death row, I had no intention of falling in love, but thats what happened. He asked me to marry me on Saturday, and Im on top of the world.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:56 PM
My baby is home!!!!

I met my husband back in 2000 while I was a CO at the unit he was and still is at. We were cool, he was different then alot of the dudes there, he never asked me for anything or tryed anything. I enjoyed talking to him, because he never crossed the line with me. I only worked there for about a year, not the job for me. I wrote him, just to let him know I was ok and that I had quit. I only intended to let him know I was gone and that I was ok, but we started writing each other, that was back in November 2001. It has been a long hard road from there to here, haveing to fight TDCJ for our visits after waiting the 24 months, but we won. We got married July 8, 2005 which also happens to be inbetween our birthdays, mine July7 his July 9. Prayerfully he will be comming home at the end of this year!!!
Old 02-13-2006, 10:04 PM

First of all...congrats Liberaldog!!!!!! I am so extremly happy for you and your honny!!
Secondly, i am sooooo excited about this forum!!
Hello everyone! I met my baby Jason almost exactly one year ago. I am a forensic psychologist and worked in a juvenille detention center. I had a wonderful relationship with one of the youths at the facility. I love him like my own blood. Of course we kept in touch after he was released, which is a big no-no but he needed me and I love that little guy. Anyway, he is an orphan and asked me if i could take him to see his older brother in jail because he is too young to go alone. Of course i said yes because he spoke so highly of him and family is so important. So we went to go visit him and the rest is history. We fell in love and I am in the process of adopting his little brother, who is the angel that brought us together. Jason has been in for almost 2 years for sale of a controlled substance while he was on Parole. He will be going in front of the parole board for the second time in 14 days, and I think he has a really good chance of being released. He will be moving in with me then! Please pray for us and send your postive energy this way!
The Following User Says Thank You to HEISMYANGEL For This Useful Post:
RaysGirlDesi (07-08-2011)
Old 02-14-2006, 05:20 AM
wifey

i also met mine on pp site that was 5 years ago and things between us just keep geting stronger i have met him once which sealed our love im going out to see him again this june
Old 02-14-2006, 12:27 PM
Registered

Hi, my name is Marie and I met my huney through a pen pal website. At first, we had no intentions of hooking up nor getting together in that fashion due to him being locked up.

He is currently locked up at Hughes unit in Texas and has 18 more months until he see the Parole board…. again. His first parole hearing was in Sept. 05’ and he was denied. He was convicted of Agg. Robbery in 2000 and was sentenced to 10 yrs.

As the time passed, me and him began to get closer and understand one another’s actions and views. We built up a strong friendship built on TRUST, UNDERSTANDING, HONESTY, RESPECT and LOYALITY.

As time passed I grew more and more closer to him and attractive to him as well… (and trust me ladies: he’s so hella fine !!!) I didn’t want to put my emotions out there for him just to reject me unless I knew he had the same feelings for me as well.

I continued to visit time and time again and around my 7th visit… we both declared the love that we had for each other and he stated that he wanted to all to himself… from there on… the rest is history… we have been together going on 2 ½ yrs strong and plan to get married in the next couple months…

Who says true love can’t happen to those who wait?

"Missing my other half"

Old 02-14-2006, 08:32 PM

Hi my name is Tina,
I met my new guy about 7 mths ago.. but have only been visiting with him for about a mth now...

I am so glad that someone finally made this a part of PTO!!!!

I met my guy like, I said 7 mths ago when he wrote the guy that I was seeing to tell him to please behave himself and do the right thing by me and my son..

They were together in ACI in florida...
Risco wrote the most heart felt letter, that I have ever read...
To this man....

Little did he know that this man, had come out and totally screwed my head and my heart and my world upside down...
The letter wasnt even addressed to me, but I opened it up and read it.. I went straight to my computer and printed my story off of the
Drug and Achol Fourm ( what I have to do now ) by Tatsbaby..
and I sent it to him.. I didnt say anything other than, this is what your so called friend put me through...
I didnt even get a response back from him ...
about 2 mths went by and I got a letter, just checking on me and my son. To see how we were doing.. I wrote him back and he didnt answer my letter for about another week..

We have been writing back and forth daily.. since then..
I thought that I was crazy when I wanted to get involved with another inmate....

And did alot of praying and soul searching in doing it..
I can honestly tell you all that it wasa worth it....
Risco is the most loving and kind man that I have ever met.
He is wonderful.. and all though our realtionship is new. I know that I am right where I belong...

I have always heard that everything happens for a reason..
I am now more sure of that, than anything in this world...

I was worried about being called a Prison Groupie, a Prison Hoe, you name it I was worried at first.. now I dont care..
He is nothing like the man, that came out and hurt me and my son..
He is my everything I have ever wanted and more...
And yes there are some ghost in both our closets but we talk and we work through them....

Now if I could just get someone to help me change my screen name..
For I am Tatsbaby Nomore...

but Risco's Angel I will always be.......

Blessings

Tina
Old 02-14-2006, 09:29 PM
WINNING! Admin

PTOQ Editorial Team Member 

Donation Award 

Thanked 37,876 Times in 10,462 Posts

Tina PM your request to me or any other staff member...

Patty

THIS CORRESPONDENCE
IS FROM A WOMAN IN LOVE
WITH A FORMER INMATE OF
THE ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT
OF CORRECTIONS

Old 02-15-2006, 12:46 PM

So glad this forum is here now!
In October 2004 someone here was looking for a pen pal for a friend, and I started writing him. We soon got on very well and after a few months he was sure how he felt about me. It took me a while longer to get used to the idea and to decide what to do, I'm lucky he was patient with me. We haven't met yet, but hope to soon!
Old 02-15-2006, 02:21 PM

Whats up? Im new to this PTO thing, and my first reply had to be on this topic. I thought i was like the only one that would write to an inmate that they didnt know, but then i found this and was honestly surprised but obviously in a good way. But anyways, i met my man through my friend, they were locked up together. I geuss he had seen a pic and asked about me and asked if he could write to me. The first letter i got i was like ummm who is this? lol Obviously i wasnt really looking for anything, especially not to fall in love, but that was like a year and half ago and we've been writing and talking like everyother day. He makes me so happy, and from the first conversation we just like clicked there was never an uneasiness or quiet, we never wanted to get off the phone. Then the phone bill came and thats a whole different issue lol but yeah i still havent seen him yet, just a sketch unfortunately, but he is coming home in 2 months and 3 weeks, im so excited. I'm picking him up so that will be the first time we meet, so im excited and extremely nervous at the same time! so yeah i just wanted to share my story on how i met my love and thank everyone for their stories! Lates

~*Hannah*~
The Following User Says Thank You to Dopey'sGrL For This Useful Post:
MsEightball (05-11-2010)
Old 02-15-2006, 05:13 PM
one lucky woman

I met him as a fugitive, does that count? I certainly hope so cause I am lovin this new forum, it speaks to a lot of our issues. For we have never yet been together in the free world.

I'm a reporter and a single mom, and when I heard that there was this guy being hunted by the cops who wanted to talk to a reporter before he surrendered, I was careful. Talked to the cops and DA about it, talked to his parents, his former boss, people who'd known him since he was a pup. Everybody was afraid for his life (well, the people that loved him were, anyway.)

I sent the word out on the grapevine to tell him to come to me. I was expecting I don't know what. A "criminal?" an emotionally disturbed person? a...SOMETHING. What I was definitely NOT expecting was to be blown clear away. The minute I saw him there was a humming in my heart, a rush of destiny. Thing that fits it best is KIpling's Call of the Jungle: "We be of one blood, ye and I."

We talked for hours just so I could get his side of the story. He crashed on my couch that one night. The next week I brought him to the trooper barracks to surrender. He called me from the jail to let me know he was OK. I was writing about the case so he kept calling, and pretty soon I was living for those calls. He is just the most interesting person, foxiest guy, deepest soul and finest heart. I'm pretty smart and he can out-think me- but he's never obnoxious about it.

We are going through an appeal right now and hoping it may get him home. People say how do you know it will work? How the HELL does anyone know anything? It already works. In the few short hours I knew him free, I didn't know him well enough to kiss him. I live for the day we can kiss and not have to stop...YOW!

Diamond: a lump of coal that did well under pressure
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to haswtch For This Useful Post:
Vixana (07-21-2017)
Old 02-15-2006, 11:15 PM

My name is Rebecca, I met Alfredo from an ad he had on a pen-pal site. I wrote him, we hit it off from the start! A good friendship I was ending a 4 year relationship. And he would talk and listen to me and give advise. I know most guy's would use this to their advantage but he kept telling me to talk to the guy and see if that's what I really wanted so I went and seen the guy and we talked and ended it that day but on a good note! Just after two months of us writing he had his ad removed and we talked once a week on the phone and wrote alot! I've talked to members of his family on the phone his lawyer keeps me informed on his case, it's all good. I hate the fact that we live in different states! I live in Michigan and he's in NY. I plan on visiting for the first time in a few weeks..... We finally get to see each other face to face... His mom wants me to stop by so we can met and his sister wants to get together as well. They have been so sweet to me and seem to like me so far. He has talked to my three kids and they write each other!
It's pretty cool. I thank God I found this place PTO, because I've made alot of friends and a few are in NY and hopefully we get a chance to met as well.
They NY family has been really helpful with info and buses and what to expect and even helping out with finding a nice hotel !!! Love you guys......

:love: Loving My Papi Chulo:love:
Club Member#26

Old 02-17-2006, 11:11 AM
In a good place!
Donation Award 

Wow... Weve got our own forum!!
Hi all... Im Tracey. I met my honey since he has been in, 5 years ago. Wasnt looking for love when i saw his ad on a pen pal website, but was blessed to find it.
Times are hard at times, especially because were from different continents and have an ocean between us, but we have grown to be strong... building solid foundations.
Old 02-17-2006, 12:10 PM
TRUE LOVE NEVER FAILS!!!!

hello..my name is camille, and i met my husband at the prison i used to work at over 6 yrs ago!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Valentine4ever For This Useful Post:
Brian'sSoulmate (03-02-2015)
Old 02-17-2006, 01:52 PM

wow..i love this, heck, i love pto...

Kenny (my husband), has a sister, his sister is married to my brother, and yes before you ask, we do live in ALABAMA...lol

Kenny and I knew each other names, and stuff like that because of his sister and my brother, but didn't meet face to face until he parole after 16 years, (he claims he meet me when i was 18, but i don't remember it)....since his parole, he got married to another women, divorced, parole revoked, asked his sister if i would keep his dogs until released, i said yes and been saying yes ever since...lol..
Old 02-21-2006, 01:45 PM

Default Here's my story & I'm sticking to it

Hi everyone. Great forum.
My brother was sent to FCI Oxford, WI. While there a fellow inmate, Juan, saw my picture among the family pictures my brother had in his cell & asked if he could write to me. It wasn't the first time I got a letter from someone my brother knew. To be nice I would communicate with any of the guys he gave my address to with the intention of friendship & nothing more. Writing a couple of times & eventually I would either lose interest or get turned off by them.
Juan grabbed my attention from the start. I knew some how he was different. For one thing unlike all the others he didn't come on strong & was willing to just be friends. Six months to a year being friends he let me know he wanted more than that, but still waited for me to make the first move. I never wanted a relationship with an inmate. So naturally I resisted. After giving him my phone # and hearing his voice for the first time, I could deny my feelings for that man no longer. I thought I knew him well through his letters, but his personality just poured through that phone line. So laid back, honest, happy, & carefree despite where he was. We have been talking to each other almost weekly now.

All is going well with us, except he faces deportation back to Mexico in April '06 when he gets out. When that happens I'll be going there to meet him & some of his family. If all goes well after visiting a few times, I'll probably move there. Crazy I know. But he's the light of my life & I couldn't imagine being without him.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:13 PM

"Destiny" crossed paths in October of 2001 when I met the love of my life while attending an annual rodeo at the prison.

Due to a lack of experience with the system I was terrified of being around inmates. I also didn't want to disappoint a friend and have to admit the real reason why I changed my mind so I decided to tough it out. After being there for less than 10 minutes an unknown voice beckoned me (by referring to what I was wearing) and in a very hesitant way I turned around and needless to say, I haven't looked back since.

We wrote each other back and forth for the first four months until I agreed to visit him. We got married a year and a half later (now 2 years, six months and 7 days - I love him that much) and still going strong.

Everyday is a blessing and our faith in God continues to be the centerpiece of our committment to one another. We are soulmates and 1 John 4:18 is the foundation of our relationship: Perfect love DOES cast out fear.

FAITHFULLY WAITING CLUB MEMBER #102
Old 02-21-2006, 05:18 PM
Waiting 4 my husby!

I met Jesse through someone he knew forever ago that knows my cousin. He had me help look him up on the state site and as soon as I seen him I seen something in his eyes, I can't explain it really! Then I wrote him ... when I wrote him I didn't tell him about what I thought with seeing his picture and I didn't except anything from writing him. But as we wrote we got closer and now I can't imagine being without him. I know it's crazy but love is crazy. If it's crazy it's crazy, I'm willing to deal with it!
Old 02-21-2006, 07:33 PM
Waiting for Thud!

Well my name is Kristin. My best friend had an old friend of hers that has been locked up since 2002. She made contact with him about 6 months ago in prison. they ahve been writing non stop and visiting liek it is goig out of style. And actually today is her wedding day!!! Her name on here is Tabycat, so everyone give her some love!! Anyway, he had a friend who wanted a penpal. she asked me if I was interested. I had just gottne out of a bad relationship, so I said why not, I could use a distraction. My intention was not what i got. i did not want a realtionship and had pretty much given up on men in general! So he sent me a letter. We stated writing liek everyday, and about amonth into it, I realized there was something VERY special about this one. Then we got phonecalls. And now we talk for two hours a day and write like crazy. I have pics and so does he. We get our first visit on March 3rd. I am taking off of work, I am so excited! He is absolutely wonderful and the best man I have ever met in my life. He treats me liek a queen and amazes me everyday. he is up for parole in November of this year so we are praying like crazy! That is my story, and I want to say congrats to tabycat on her marriage today!!