Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

Old 08-31-2019, 01:58 PM
Lifer Found Suitable

Default Is your MWI a part of your family and/or you're now a part of his?

Hello MWI's!

Some of us are married now, with blending families, some of us are newly committed or engaged and some of us are strictly friends YET we've blended families

Is your loved one apart of your family and or you're now apart of his?

If so, who are you closest to on his side of the family?

Who is you loved one getting letters, calls and visits with from family on your end?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2019, 02:55 PM

I am really close to his mom. She is so sweet. She is the only person I talk to in his family.
The Following User Says Thank You to Peacefinder For This Useful Post:
408MoonGem (08-31-2019)
Old 08-31-2019, 04:21 PM

We are out of state right now on vacation with his whole family. He is very involved in mine. I would say I’m closest to his sister because we stay with her when we visit. Both of our families are glad we found each other.
Old 08-31-2019, 06:49 PM
Lifer Found Suitable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimimi View Post
We are out of state right now on vacation with his whole family. He is very involved in mine. I would say Im closest to his sister because we stay with her when we visit. Both of our families are glad we found each other.
family vacation!! Looove it!!
The more I read your post the happier / exited and positive I feel about Jr getting out.
Old 08-31-2019, 08:18 PM

It’s been great and I don’t regret falling in love with him at all. It’s also not easy we are on vacation Out of state. That required permission (even though he is now on un supervises Parole. In this other state we have been pulled over for speeding. Ok he was speeding didn’t realize it because it was ten over, but great we will take the ticket thank you.....nope before we got the ticket we got the K-9 unit brought out to be lead around the car. Questioned in length about where he came from where he was going how long he had been in the state etc..... then we got the dang ticket. Meanwhile I’m about to have a panic attack. I stick around in here to tell people that it does work out sometimes. But I also am honest prison was the easy part. They hard part has been since he got out!
The Following User Says Thank You to Kimimi For This Useful Post:
408MoonGem (08-31-2019)
Old 08-31-2019, 08:40 PM

We are definitely part of each other's families now. I'm actually staying with her parents which are my mom n dad in laws. And my 2 new step daughters and step son. Last weekend I was out here too and my son from home came out with me to meet his new step mom and step sisters and his mam-maw and pap-paw. It's almost a thousand miles out here so it's not every weekend but we do talk most days and I come out every month or two and spend most holidays with them. My stepson is looking to move out with me here soon. Looking forward to visiting the wife the next two days. I love em all. I never seen all this coming but I'm very happy it did. It's really went well for us. The kids don't call me dad but they definitely see me as a "dad" to my m them. It's really sweet. The youngest just fell off to sleep piled up next to me. This hasn't happened over night. I've been with my wife over 5 years now and been talking with the family for 4. And I started visiting regularly about 2 years ago. We've all grown really close and the wife gets out here around the end of the year. I'm so ready this has really been a hell of a journey. If I had it to do again I would. My mom -n-law don't call me by name. My name to her is now "son-in-law" if someone would have told me 5 years ago things would have turned out like they have I would have thought they were crazy but I guess sometimes it's just strange how things work out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AmandaBabes For This Useful Post:
408MoonGem (08-31-2019), Kimimi (08-31-2019)
Old 09-04-2019, 08:05 AM

Thanked 1,965 Times in 965 Posts

My family knew of E, however my sister was the only one that really talked to him on the phone when he would call. I was in touch with his Aunt and his Mother. His Mother probably only spoke to me because he asked her to. His Aunt was much more open. It's not that his Mother was not nice, she did not understand why I was willing to have a relationship with such a difficult situation at hand. I would send his daughter things through his Mother. I never got the chance to meet her however. The relationship he shared with her was strained and they only saw one another every few years. He had talked to her about me but we never got the chance to meet. When I heard the news of his passing, I thought of her. I wish they would have told me. I wish I didn't find out in the way I did but that's life.
408MoonGem (09-04-2019)
Old 09-08-2019, 08:37 AM
His Girl ❤️

I wouldn't say I'm a part of his family, but I do talk to his older sister and Mom. More so than the sister who introduced us. �� In one of his letters, he asked me to text his mom because "you'll have to get to know her eventually." He's still got 2 years left, so I'll be getting to know his family a lot over these next two years.

My family knows about him, my sister writes to him as well (sometimes). But knowing my family, it'll be awhile before I bring him around them when he gets out.

The Following User Says Thank You to AnieLove56 For This Useful Post:
408MoonGem (09-08-2019)
Old 10-01-2019, 02:06 PM
Loving a Lifer!
Donation Award 

Yes. I am a part of his family's life. His parents are no longer alive but I've talked to his sister and son. When I went on vacation, his aunt and uncle met me and took me to lunch. His best friend met up with me and took me to eat. I took pics of me and his family and best friend and sent them to him. :-) I have talked to his other aunt a few times on the phone. We keep saying we want to meet but we haven't yet.
408MoonGem (10-01-2019)
Old 10-03-2019, 09:08 AM

His mom called me nuera (daughter-in-law) yesterday by text so I guess it's safe to say I'm a part of the family LOL

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ILLINOIS.PAL For This Useful Post:
408MoonGem (10-05-2019), reg8 (10-12-2019)
Old 10-03-2019, 03:35 PM

His mom. She calls me her baby girl cause he is her baby boy. She loves me and I love her as well
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kellydavid410 For This Useful Post:
408MoonGem (10-05-2019), reg8 (10-12-2019)
Old 10-12-2019, 06:17 PM

His mom introduced us, and I live with her. She loves me and says I'm part of the family now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to reg8 For This Useful Post:
408MoonGem (10-15-2019), kellydavid410 (10-13-2019)