Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Corcoran State Prison (COR) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Corcoran State Prison (COR) - California Topics and Discussions related to Corcoran State Prison (COR) located in Corcoran, California.

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 09:36 PM
Joshua's Wife

Thank u soo much
Old 12-28-2012, 04:17 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,953 Times in 2,167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLB View Post
Hello ladies . My love just got transferred to Corcoran last week. He's currently in the SHU, & I was wondering how is visiting at Corcoran? Are the CO's at least a bit nicer than in Kern Valley?? Lol
I have been treated well by the CO's as long as you follow the rules it should be as good as can be expected given it's shu.
My man had a major medical issue and even in shu they treated him in a humane manner and did their jobs.

If you e-mail,stay any available time or you will not get a visit if the time you request isn't available.You can say prefer earlier or later in his time slot though you may not get it.
4B is mornings on Sat. and afternoons on Sunday.Wish that were reversed but oh well.
Around the holidays can get pretty busy but otherwise it's not bad at all.
You have to be sure the e-mail is after 6 a.m. since if it is one second befre that,your out of luck.
They should e-mail you back by Wed. and if the e-mail fails,you can phone
for a visit.Calling is super frustrating and can take many calls and hang up-s before you speak to an actual person though once you get through they are nice.

Welcome to Corcoran shu
Old 12-28-2012, 12:50 PM
Joshua's Wife

Thank u soo much ...also, I was kinda wondering how can I put $ on his books? Since he got to prison I always gave the $ to his mom to put it on his books so I really don't know how to do that.
Old 12-29-2012, 03:40 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLB View Post
Thank u soo much ...also, I was kinda wondering how can I put $ on his books? Since he got to prison I always gave the $ to his mom to put it on his books so I really don't know how to do that.
Go to J-pay and it is easy to do it from there.That is how I do anyway.
If you don't have a regular bank account you can buy a blue-bird card for five dollars,add cash at Wal-Mart (no charge to add cash to card) and then apply online for the regular Blue-Bird "credit-card" (no additional fee).I have not used this card for J-Pay payments but figure it would proably work once you get your card they mail you after you fill out the online information.
Perhaps the other ladies could tell you for sure if a Blue-Bird card is acceptable for J-pay.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:35 PM

What do most ladies wear when visiting? I was just denied entry to Corcoran bcs I wore black skinny jeans as well as my teen daughter. They said the jeans were form fitting even though we both wore baggy sweaters that went below our bottoms. Looking arround I did notice a lot ladies of sweats?
Old 12-29-2012, 07:39 PM

hello everyone....im lookin for any information on the dress code of visiting....any help would be greatly appreciated....anything from colors to types of shirts n pants to type of shoes.....im sure they can be picky on what you can an cant wear....so any info is helpful! thank you an God bless.....
Old 12-30-2012, 10:46 AM

I wear pants that are not too tight (although that was shaky for a while before I lost weight bc ALL my pants had gotten tight!). I saw a family get denied yesterday because the teen son was wearing button fly jeans, and they kept making the metal detectors go off. I had never thought of that, and I added it to my mental list of things to never wear. I try to wear bright colors just because I imagine the guys get sick of seeing their ladies show up in black all the time, haha, colors like pink and purple. Colorful sweatsuits look nice. No prison orange outfits, blue denim, sleeveless anything, nothing above the knees, no colors similar to the olive-green that the guards wear, no khaki, etc. Basically, if you look hecka cute in it, it's probably not ok to wear, haha!
Mt. 25:34-36... "...'Come, you who are blessed by my Father...For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in...I was in prison and you came to visit me.'"
Old 12-30-2012, 02:08 PM
(f/k/a ARoman)

Thanked 1,392 Times in 813 Posts

I wore my pajamas and didn't even brush my hair, hahaha!

Old 12-30-2012, 05:42 PM

im going to visit my man on new years day he is on sny 3B....wondering if it will be packed :/ and this is my first time visiting at cor....we came from calipatria and i loved it there...not strict on dress code at all...unlike wat ive heard about cor ;(
Old 12-30-2012, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabelle View Post
I wore my pajamas and didn't even brush my hair, hahaha!

can we seriously wear pajamas?? like pj pants...the warm fuzzy ones???
Old 12-30-2012, 07:48 PM

They're seriously not unreasonable compared to Delano-- now THAT place sucked. Down there they were definitely picking on one particular race when they turned lots of women away for dress issues. At Corcoran, basically if you just dress appropriately and follow the rules, they won't come after you.
Mt. 25:34-36... "...'Come, you who are blessed by my Father...For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in...I was in prison and you came to visit me.'"
Old 12-31-2012, 08:46 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBee View Post
I wear pants that are not too tight (although that was shaky for a while before I lost weight bc ALL my pants had gotten tight!). I saw a family get denied yesterday because the teen son was wearing button fly jeans, and they kept making the metal detectors go off. I had never thought of that, and I added it to my mental list of things to never wear. I try to wear bright colors just because I imagine the guys get sick of seeing their ladies show up in black all the time, haha, colors like pink and purple. Colorful sweatsuits look nice. No prison orange outfits, blue denim, sleeveless anything, nothing above the knees, no colors similar to the olive-green that the guards wear, no khaki, etc. Basically, if you look hecka cute in it, it's probably not ok to wear, haha!
Yep,that is about it though make sure your clothing isn't "see through" at all,even in the shoulder strap /bra area.
Of course no underwire bras.
They do allow some"killer heels" and cute finger nail polish or decals.
I agree with the color thing,especially if you loved one is in shu.They seldom see colors and fancy stuff.I even wear jewlery,which I almost never do in my day to day lifeNo piercings though,except one set of earrings.
Not so much on the shoes since he doesn't see much below the top area.Good thing I have big "ladies"