Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Corcoran State Prison (COR) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Corcoran State Prison (COR) - California Topics and Discussions related to Corcoran State Prison (COR) located in Corcoran, California.

Old 10-06-2017, 10:52 AM

Default Corcoran State Prison (COR) Visitation & Dress Code Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by since94 View Post
If anyone could help, I would really appreciate it. Is there an email address or link to schedule non contact appointments at Corcoran? VPASS doesn't work for this. I also called to schedule on a Wednesday and that took 3 hours to do

i always scheduled my non contact visits at corcoran thru email..
send it to:
corvisiting@cdcr.ca.gov

& the email has to be written like this:

His Name - CDC #
housing info (if you donít know it, you donít have to put it)
the day of the week, the full date mm/dd/yyyy
Your Name - Your License/ID #
your phone number

IMG_4205.jpg

below is an old email i sent as well as the confirmation email (i blocked out personal info )

IMG_4207.jpg

Last edited by bbrittanyrenee; 10-06-2017 at 10:57 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to bbrittanyrenee For This Useful Post:
since94 (10-06-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2017, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrittanyrenee View Post
i always scheduled my non contact visits at corcoran thru email..
send it to:
corvisiting@cdcr.ca.gov

& the email has to be written like this:

His Name - CDC #
housing info (if you donít know it, you donít have to put it)
the day of the week, the full date mm/dd/yyyy
Your Name - Your License/ID #
your phone number

Attachment 74498

below is an old email i sent as well as the confirmation email (i blocked out personal info )

Attachment 74499
can we wear hoodies?
Old 12-04-2017, 02:54 PM

Hey, all I drove over 3 hours to visit my boo just to get turned away because I have a dermal chest piercing and because it's under my skin I was told I need a doctor's note for it. Does anybody know exactly what the doctor's note is suppose to entail? I've been trying to call to find out but no answer. It's just a piercing geesh!
Old 01-03-2018, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinaM View Post
Hey, all I drove over 3 hours to visit my boo just to get turned away because I have a dermal chest piercing and because it's under my skin I was told I need a doctor's note for it. Does anybody know exactly what the doctor's note is suppose to entail? I've been trying to call to find out but no answer. It's just a piercing geesh!
they always made me, & anyone I happened to notice with piercings, take them out before visit. anything other than one piercing in each ear. no exceptions. usually if they want a doctorís note for a specific thing, the note needs to say something about that ďthingĒ being medically necessary. maybe in your case, the note could say itís not removable. sorry iím not more help.
Sarianna (01-03-2018)
Old 01-03-2018, 12:30 PM

Default Thank you

Quote:
they always made me, & anyone I happened to notice with piercings, take them out before visit. anything other than one piercing in each ear. no exceptions. usually if they want a doctorís note for a specific thing, the note needs to say something about that ďthingĒ being medically necessary. maybe in your case, the note could say itís not removable. sorry iím not more help.
Thank you for your reply. I got a doctor's note & I was able to visit without removing it 😊
Old 01-20-2018, 02:02 PM

Does anyone know if the visiting ext 7444 works?my husband was transferred back to California to Corcoran and I've been trying to schedule as visit. Hes still in orientation so im not even sure if they get visits in orientation. But I've been calling and no one answers.
Thaks

Old 01-21-2018, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoholicMom View Post
Does anyone know if the visiting ext 7444 works?my husband was transferred back to California to Corcoran and I've been trying to schedule as visit. Hes still in orientation so im not even sure if they get visits in orientation. But I've been calling and no one answers.
Thaks
I donít know if the extension works, but they canít get visits until theyíre out of orientation. the website says all visits are scheduled through VPASS. however, if i remember correctly.. try calling with that extension on mondays or tuesdays either before 10am after 10am. sorry i canít be of more help.
Sarianna (01-21-2018)
Old 01-21-2018, 09:38 AM

Quote:
I donít know if the extension works, but they canít get visits until theyíre out of orientation. the website says all visits are scheduled through VPASS. however, if i remember correctly.. try calling with that extension on mondays or tuesdays either before 10am after 10am. sorry i canít be of more help.
Thank you for the information. I'll try tomorrow.we were previosuly approved for visits and family visits, but then he was moved to Mississippi for almost 2 years, wonder if I need to apply all over again?

Old 01-25-2018, 12:59 PM

Default New transfer

My BF was transferred from another prison and just arrived on Tuesday.. I called and the operator said he is in general population. My question is..
Does this mean he has regular visits as of now? or Does he have to wait until after orientation? I know he will be able to call once orientation is done, but is that goes for visits too? or will they be "non-contact" until his orientation is completed?

Thank you!
Old 01-26-2018, 11:11 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,042 Times in 1,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clauchoco View Post
My BF was transferred from another prison and just arrived on Tuesday.. I called and the operator said he is in general population. My question is..
Does this mean he has regular visits as of now? or Does he have to wait until after orientation? I know he will be able to call once orientation is done, but is that goes for visits too? or will they be "non-contact" until his orientation is completed?

Thank you!
To my understanding, and what it also says in the CDCR Visitation handbook HERE (see page 3) they are allowed visits during orientation & reception but it is behind glass, so non-contact visits.

Welcome to Prison Talk
Old 01-27-2018, 05:37 PM

Does anyone known if you can wear sandals or open toe?

Last edited by ChocoholicMom; 01-27-2018 at 05:40 PM..
Old 01-29-2018, 08:27 AM

Update***so my husband is still in orientation after being transferred from another prison and it's been about 2 weeks. I made an appt for a visit and was told it would be behind the glass for 1 hour, the appt time was 1:30pm. After driving 3 1/2hours we made it there at 1:38 to have the guards at the gate turn me around saying you cant get in after 1:30!! They claimed I was supposed to be there 1 hour prior to my visit, i said I was never informed of this information. Mind you there was a long line of visitors behind me who were allowed in after me, but none of them were black so it seems pretty odd there policy only apply to some.I called and and requested to speak with he visiting sergeant who was busy to have another deputy tell me yeah that's the policy be on time. I said where are the rules of Corcoran visiting written?? Because it's not on the website..

Sad to say I won't be traveling back while he's in orientation.

Old 02-03-2018, 06:49 PM

Hi all! My LO is being transferred back to Corcoran on Tuesday. He did a SHU term there years ago but I've never visited this prison. Would anyone mind giving me the rundown on the easiest way to schedule visits here? VPASS never worked for me at Kern Valley (visits would become available at 9 pm on Sundays and would be booked up by 9:02) so I always had to call. Is the number here 559-992-9444? Do y'all use the phone or vpass? Do I call right at 10 AM on Wednesdays and Fridays, as it says on vpass, or are there better times? Thank you in advance for any help!
Old 02-09-2018, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeGrl72 View Post
Hi all! My LO is being transferred back to Corcoran on Tuesday. He did a SHU term there years ago but I've never visited this prison. Would anyone mind giving me the rundown on the easiest way to schedule visits here? VPASS never worked for me at Kern Valley (visits would become available at 9 pm on Sundays and would be booked up by 9:02) so I always had to call. Is the number here 559-992-9444? Do y'all use the phone or vpass? Do I call right at 10 AM on Wednesdays and Fridays, as it says on vpass, or are there better times? Thank you in advance for any help!
Those are the only days and times available to call. I believe if you look up the post you'll see an email and you can email requesting an appt. If it's a Shi visit and you have an appt time report an hour prior, why idk but that's there policy. Staff aren't very helpful and seem to lack any knowledge of anything.

The Following User Says Thank You to ChocoholicMom For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (02-10-2018)
Old 02-09-2018, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Those are the only days and times available to call. I believe if you look up the post you'll see an email and you can email requesting an appt. If it's a Shi visit and you have an appt time report an hour prior, why idk but that's there policy. Staff aren't very helpful and seem to lack any knowledge of anything.
Thank you for taking the time to reply! I'm glad to know about that hour earlier policy! I have no idea how long my boyfriend will be on orientation, so I guess I'll wait for a call before I try to visit. Sigh! It's all a waiting game!
The Following User Says Thank You to TreeGrl72 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (02-10-2018)
Old 02-10-2018, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Thank you for taking the time to reply! I'm glad to know about that hour earlier policy! I have no idea how long my boyfriend will be on orientation, so I guess I'll wait for a call before I try to visit. Sigh! It's all a waiting game!
You can call and find out if he can have visit and she will tell you. Not sure how far you would be traveling but I found out if it's over 250 miles you'll get a 2 hour visit behind glass.

Hope it helps, I'm sure he's be glad to see you

Old 02-11-2018, 12:22 AM

Quote:
You can call and find out if he can have visit and she will tell you. Not sure how far you would be traveling but I found out if it's over 250 miles you'll get a 2 hour visit behind glass.

Hope it helps, I'm sure he's be glad to see you
Okay, good point! I'll call on Wednesday (Valentine's day...Le sigh!). Have you gotten a contact visit yet?
Old 02-18-2018, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Okay, good point! I'll call on Wednesday (Valentine's day...Le sigh!). Have you gotten a contact visit yet?
No he was recently transferred ba k from mississppi and is in SHU. I don't know what type of things they allow and don't allow at cor. I used to visit at centinela and the only thibg that was a headache was getting in as far as dress code, they were petty. But at cor I see people wear cotton sweats, black jeans and t shirt. I cam tell I don't like cor already