Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Corcoran State Prison (COR) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Corcoran State Prison (COR) - California Topics and Discussions related to Corcoran State Prison (COR) located in Corcoran, California.

Old 05-29-2015, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaswifey2009 View Post
Any one's loved one in Corcoran SHU... At this moment?? Is mail lagging on both ends?? Wrote my husband a week ago & nothing yet. He got there 2 weeks ago. Everyone keeps saying be PATIENT.. It's not that easy.. But I just want to know if anyone out there has someone there right now.. How long it's taking their LO to get mail & also how long it's taking YOU to get mail!! FML I HATE SNAIL MAIL.. WHY CAN'T CALI HAVE THE JPAY TABLETS!!! I'd pay a few $1,000's for my husband to have one.. Well guess he wouldn't be allowed it in the SHU anyhow so I'd still be in same damn situation... 😩 HELP ANYONE PLS ! Thank you!
I'm in Los Angeles, CA
My guy is in 4B. The mail is lagging for me as I haven't received a letter since last Friday, but I am partly attributing it to the fact that it was Memorial Day so no mail on Monday. Also, I have had experiences where the mail is slow going in as well as out. There have been times where it took a letter from B 8 days to even leave the mail room. Being patient is not easy for me so there are times where I feel like pulling my hair out, but slowly I have adjusted. Hang in there!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2015, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpackg View Post
My guy is in 4B. The mail is lagging for me as I haven't received a letter since last Friday, but I am partly attributing it to the fact that it was Memorial Day so no mail on Monday. Also, I have had experiences where the mail is slow going in as well as out. There have been times where it took a letter from B 8 days to even leave the mail room. Being patient is not easy for me so there are times where I feel like pulling my hair out, but slowly I have adjusted. Hang in there!
Me either.. Patience is not in my vocabulary although I'm still going through this since 2006 lol.. But hey waiting on the mail is never something I'll get used to. It'd be easier if I knew he got my mail saying I knew he was there. I know he stresses on that.. But geese... & yes these holiday no mail really mess Us prison writers up. Thanks sooo much.... Hang in there too... ��
Old 06-05-2015, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vargaswifey2009 View Post
Any one's loved one in Corcoran SHU... At this moment?? Is mail lagging on both ends?? Wrote my husband a week ago & nothing yet. He got there 2 weeks ago. Everyone keeps saying be PATIENT.. It's not that easy.. But I just want to know if anyone out there has someone there right now.. How long it's taking their LO to get mail & also how long it's taking YOU to get mail!! FML I HATE SNAIL MAIL.. WHY CAN'T CALI HAVE THE JPAY TABLETS!!! I'd pay a few $1,000's for my husband to have one.. Well guess he wouldn't be allowed it in the SHU anyhow so I'd still be in same damn situation... 😩 HELP ANYONE PLS ! Thank you!
I'm in Los Angeles, CA

Right there with you! My man is in 4A! There are some weeks where I will get two letters. One will be from like a month ago and the other one will be recent! Then there will be where I only get one letter a week! I swear the mail goes up and down! But when there is a holiday like this past weekend! Always expect the mail to be backed up! But other than that all you can do is get creative play games, send pictures, buy stickers to stick on the envelopes! (:
Old 07-01-2015, 11:25 AM
I belong to him
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,847 Times in 1,719 Posts

Does anyone know how long it takes for them to receive there T.V. once it's delivered to the prison?

~grumpy's wifey~

Loyalty IS Everything!!

Old 07-09-2015, 11:37 PM
OG Prison Wifey

From experience, I'd say dont expect him to receive it sooner than a month after it gets to the prison :-/

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.grumps
Does anyone know how long it takes for them to receive there T.V. once it's delivered to the prison?
Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
mrs.grumps (07-12-2015)
Old 07-13-2015, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAunt2 View Post
They can receive legal pads? I'll send him one in a week - assuming inmates in SHU are allowed stationery once a week? Or is that a month? I'll continue looking through the threads and posts and see what I can find. But he needs a legal pad, I would be so happy if he is allowed that. Thanks!
They can buy paper cheaper than we can send them. I think my husband said a legal pad was less than a buck.

Last edited by MrsScoops; 07-13-2015 at 09:08 AM..
Old 07-21-2015, 11:23 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,953 Times in 2,167 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsScoops View Post
They can buy paper cheaper than we can send them. I think my husband said a legal pad was less than a buck.
True but if it comes out of their monthly spending limit then it's a dollar that can't go for noodles.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheryl P. View Post
True but if it comes out of their monthly spending limit then it's a dollar that can't go for noodles.

blech!!! lol.. he doesnt eat that stuff anyway... he can swing a buck or two every month to keep the conversation going.....
Old 09-10-2015, 04:06 AM
My ❤ is in Cali Moderator

Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsScoops View Post
blech!!! lol.. he doesnt eat that stuff anyway... he can swing a buck or two every month to keep the conversation going.....
Personally, I detest the yellow legal tablets and send him white tablets that have a glue binding. My personal preference. To me, it makes it seem a little bit less like prison.

I also send my letters on specialty papers like you would use for a resume, same with envelopes. Once again, makes it feel a little bit more like real life,
CDCr kicked him out of the SHU, YAY!!!
Old 10-26-2015, 10:49 AM

Hi ladies, my husband just got moved to z001e, does anyone know what building that is? He is in adseg. Please help. I dont know anything about this here. Thanks.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:15 PM
Yvette

Mine did as well, this very week. I have no idea what it means but I feel a little better knowing Im/ He's not alone in this. Sorry I could not answer your question but if I hear from him I will pm you what I find out
Old 10-29-2015, 10:06 PM

Its AdSeg unfortunately. Im so sad and its over something he had no idea about. I don't know what to expect is going to happen when they threaten to get the DA involved.
Old 11-02-2015, 12:59 PM
Donation Award 

Hello ladies,
My loved one will be getting out soon and it seems they are not giving him parole but some lesser evil due to re-alignment as his charge was a "minor" one and he would have been home long ago if not for "gang validation", sigh.
Anyway....does anyone know if he will be released from Corcoran?
When can I send his dress outs and to what address?
How far in advance is approved?
What can I send for dress outs? Pants, jacket, t-shirt and regular shirt, color issues.etc...?
Will they give him money from his commissary fund in cash?
Can he stay at a local motel till I'm off work (and can come get him )or are no Felons allowed in town?
Any other issues I should consider?
Thanks!

Last edited by Sheryl P.; 11-02-2015 at 01:03 PM..
Old 11-14-2015, 08:29 PM

My husband is in calipatria ASU and I'm not sure how long he's going to be there, he goes to committee in December. I miss my contact visits with him. Does anyone know what a 128b is and how much can that effect you?
Old 11-17-2015, 06:17 PM

What is the latest you have received confirmation of your appointments? I emailed yesterday at 625 am for 930 appts on thanksgiving and next weekend. I havent heard back. Im worried I didnt get any. So I reforward my email explaining I did not know and if they could book me for whatever is available. Do you think they would do it? I had no idea they dont just give you the next slot available.��
Anyone have any idea?
Old 11-18-2015, 08:15 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdogswifey View Post
What is the latest you have received confirmation of your appointments? I emailed yesterday at 625 am for 930 appts on thanksgiving and next weekend. I havent heard back. Im worried I didnt get any. So I reforward my email explaining I did not know and if they could book me for whatever is available. Do you think they would do it? I had no idea they dont just give you the next slot available.��
Anyone have any idea?
They changed protocol and now they are allowing less bookings via e-mail.
I would call Wed. (today) and book thru. the phone.
I had a minor melt-down thinking my man had another heart attack when I e-mailed at 6:03 and got no response and read nothing on here about issues in shu.
Good luck
Old 11-22-2015, 05:16 PM

thanks Sheryl. I made appointments over the phone. It just gives me a bit anxiety because, they do not give confirmation numbers when you call them. I asked but they said "your confirmation is you being on the list". I would hate to show up thinking I have an appointment but they tell me I dont. Have you ever had that problem? The gal told me the power shut down so she was not able to make the email appointments.
Old 11-30-2015, 11:09 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
thanks Sheryl. I made appointments over the phone. It just gives me a bit anxiety because, they do not give confirmation numbers when you call them. I asked but they said "your confirmation is you being on the list". I would hate to show up thinking I have an appointment but they tell me I dont. Have you ever had that problem? The gal told me the power shut down so she was not able to make the email appointments.
I understand your concern but it has never been an issue for me and I have booked over the phone several times.
I did lose an appointment due to a power failure at the prison and had driven up there only to be turned away but everyone was not allowed to visit that day due to it being a security issue.
Old 12-15-2015, 02:28 PM

Im wondering if the lights went out and they will have a problem with schedulin by email this week. ��
Old 12-15-2015, 11:28 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Im wondering if the lights went out and they will have a problem with schedulin by email this week. ��
If you don't get your confirmation by Wed. morning then I would start calling for an appointment.
Holidays are hell when it comes to prison, mail is slow and there are less visiting slots open due to more loved ones visiting for the holidays
Old 01-26-2016, 05:48 PM

I didnt get apts today, did anyone else i sent it at 601
Old 06-26-2016, 10:18 PM

My man is waiting for a transfer to Corcoran SHU. Can someone give me the 411 on making an appointment. Can we E-mail them or do I have to call? Thank you
Old 07-23-2016, 01:19 PM

Anyone's man here on 3A 04? And could give me some info?
Old 11-04-2016, 03:27 PM
TheBee'sKnees
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,713 Times in 1,115 Posts
Default Prisoner Property Matrix for SHU

Does anyone have a link to the updated list of what personal property is allowed (post 2013 hunger strike-induced settlement) in the SHU?

I downloaded the DOM for 2016 but it is a beast and my computer is a POS and slooooooowwwwwww. A handy link would be very much appreciated.