Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Corcoran State Prison (COR) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Corcoran State Prison (COR) - California Topics and Discussions related to Corcoran State Prison (COR) located in Corcoran, California.

Old 01-20-2016, 11:23 AM

Default Quarterly packages/other question

My husband arrived about two weeks ago. How soon can I send him quaterly packages and other things. He mailed me a few websites along with a few things to order him and also asked me to order him food, but asked me not to order it just yet. When does this quarter end? And how does these quaterly packages work? Thanks!

Another question. He is a level 4 inmate, but said that there is a possibility that they might just go ahead a move him to level 3 in the next few months, he said that it all depends on the committee or the counselor?! What/who is the committee? Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2016, 12:15 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 19,033 Times in 6,849 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxpyacymmzy View Post
My husband arrived about two weeks ago. How soon can I send him quaterly packages and other things. He mailed me a few websites along with a few things to order him and also asked me to order him food, but asked me not to order it just yet. When does this quarter end? And how does these quaterly packages work? Thanks!
The quarters run Jan-March (first), April-June (second), July-Sept (third) and Oct-Dec (fourth). Inmates are typically allowed one package per quarter. The date they receive the package is the quarter it will count for. Example: If I order a package on Dec 24th and he gets it Jan 15th, it counts for First Quarter.

When you log onto the website (Access Securepak, Union Supply, ect) you will enter his CDC number. It will only show items he is allowed at his custody level. So no worries about ordering something he can't have. There is a weight limit to the package and I believe that is also based on his custody level.

Another question. He is a level 4 inmate, but said that there is a possibility that they might just go ahead a move him to level 3 in the next few months, he said that it all depends on the committee or the counselor?! What/who is the committee? Thanks again.
Unless he has a point drop that puts him at Level 3, he will stay at a Level 4 facility. CDC has been trying to move Level 3's out of Level 4 facilities for the last year and a half because there haven't been enough spots. Committee is usually his counselor and the yard captain. They meet and discuss his point level, any disciplinary charges that affect his privileges and plan a program for him. "Program" is used to describe everything from their daily schedule to activities like yard, phone, school, work assignment.

Here are the points for each Level per CDCR:
(1) An inmate with a placement score of 0 through 18 shall be placed in a Level I facility.
(2) An inmate with a placement score of 19 through 35 shall be placed in a Level II facility.
(3) An inmate with a placement score of 36 through 59 shall be placed in a Level III facility.
(4) An inmate with a placement score of 60 and above shall be placed in a Level IV facility.
Old 01-20-2016, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
Unless he has a point drop that puts him at Level 3, he will stay at a Level 4 facility. CDC has been trying to move Level 3's out of Level 4 facilities for the last year and a half because there haven't been enough spots. Committee is usually his counselor and the yard captain. They meet and discuss his point level, any disciplinary charges that affect his privileges and plan a program for him. "Program" is used to describe everything from their daily schedule to activities like yard, phone, school, work assignment.

Here are the points for each Level per CDCR:
(1) An inmate with a placement score of 0 through 18 shall be placed in a Level I facility.
(2) An inmate with a placement score of 19 through 35 shall be placed in a Level II facility.
(3) An inmate with a placement score of 36 through 59 shall be placed in a Level III facility.
(4) An inmate with a placement score of 60 and above shall be placed in a Level IV facility.
Thanks a ton for the info! Now I understand how the quarterly packages work a little better now.
The Following User Says Thank You to mxpyacymmzy For This Useful Post:
miamac (01-20-2016)