Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > SOUTH CAROLINA > South Carolina General Prison Talk, Introductions and Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

South Carolina General Prison Talk, Introductions and Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in South Carolina that do not fit into any other South Carolina subforum. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind in addition to prison.

Old 11-14-2017, 12:07 AM

Default Will he do his time in prison or will he stay in County Jail?

ok so I am new to this so bare with me, I have many of questions and even getting an answer to one will relive somewhat of the stress I begin to have..

My husband has to do 2 years max on an 8 year sentence and will get out and have to do probation after, he currently is still in a county jail but we were told he would spend his sentencing in a level one prison. His charge is a non violent and not serious charge.

My questions begin with:
will they actually move him to a prison or will he stay in County Jail? (he was in the holding cell for 4 days and then moved into General Population with 60 other men.)
Will he have any warning as to if or when he will move?(he has heard different things as to some way of a warning)
When will we know that he is eligible for his half way mark on good behavior or work ?

I need answers as I have found out many things on my own by doing my research but these questions just can't seem to be answered all the way.

Thank you in advance for you responses and I hope to help you in any way if possible..

Last edited by MadiCutts; 11-14-2017 at 12:59 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2017, 09:30 AM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,983 Times in 1,742 Posts

Hi there and welcome to Prison Talk! I hope you get the answers you're looking for!
Old 11-23-2017, 09:37 PM
Carolina traveler

Thanked 3,382 Times in 2,367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadiCutts View Post
ok so I am new to this so bare with me, I have many of questions and even getting an answer to one will relive somewhat of the stress I begin to have..

My husband has to do 2 years max on an 8 year sentence and will get out and have to do probation after, he currently is still in a county jail but we were told he would spend his sentencing in a level one prison. His charge is a non violent and not serious charge.

My questions begin with:
will they actually move him to a prison or will he stay in County Jail? (he was in the holding cell for 4 days and then moved into General Population with 60 other men.)
Will he have any warning as to if or when he will move?(he has heard different things as to some way of a warning)
When will we know that he is eligible for his half way mark on good behavior or work ?

I need answers as I have found out many things on my own by doing my research but these questions just can't seem to be answered all the way.

Thank you in advance for you responses and I hope to help you in any way if possible..
There's a bed space and staffing issue at SCDC. If he's still at the county jail and hasn't been transferred to R&E for processing, there may not be any space at a level one (quite a few have been closed) and he could remain at the county detention center for the duration of his sentence.