Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > United Kingdom Prison & Criminal Justice Topics
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

United Kingdom Prison & Criminal Justice Topics General discussion forum for the UK. Come in and discuss issues in the British justice/prison system as well as your own personal issues.

Old 08-09-2018, 06:45 PM

Default First visit at Wormwood Scrubs - feeling nervous; what to expect?

Hi everyone,
so my first visit with the love of my life has finally gotten approved last minute, I didn’t think it would, but it happened before his plea trial. It’s schduled for next Monday the 13th. I’m flying out from Canada this weekend (my dad is coming with me for support as I’m a nervous wreck trying to hold it together after everything that’s happened these last three weeks). My man and I haven’t seen each other in almost two months (He’s been rininging me almost every day though and I’ve been emailing him every day so we have been in regular contact for the last week and a half).

I’ve never ever had to visit anyone in prison in Canada, let alone the UK. I’m feeling a lot of emotions, some good, some bad. I just wanted some advice with regard to what to expect ? I know I need to be there an hour early, and I know the type of IDs I need to bring with me). Our visit is for two hours (he’s still currently on remand) but I know wait times can be long and our visit may be shortened due to this. If anyone is familiar with visitation within Wormwood scrubs, would you mind shedding some light on this? I’ve also looked up the dress code, but I want to make sure I do everything on my part to make this a positive experience (all things considered). Can anyone give me some advice as to what to wear? I want to look pretty for my man since we haven’t seen each other in so long but I also don’t want to break any rules. I’m also just extremely nervous about the whole process, this has all been a massive learning experience..

Any advice and information would be very much appreciated.... I know I need to be strong for him, but this whole thing is pretty terrifying, especially having to be in a completely different country without him there guiding me through.

Thanks everyone xx

Last edited by Yulia89; 08-09-2018 at 07:06 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2018, 12:16 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 9,611 Times in 4,042 Posts

Hi Wormwood scrubs is an old Victorian prison so it can appear a little intimidating. Dont be put off its just a place and the main thing is you get to visit your loved one.

Check here for all visitor information including dress code.
https://www.justice.gov.uk/contacts/...ng-information

There is a visitors centre so that is where you will go to book in and wait for your visit.
Expect there to be security metal detector and maybe detector dogs.

If its like the UK prisons I have visited you will sit opposite each other and you will be allowed to hold hands and hug and kiss at the beginning and end of the visit.

There is normally a canteen with hot and cold food for purchase.
You will be fine

Enjoy your visit

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
Tinker8ell55 (08-10-2018), Yulia89 (08-10-2018)
Old 08-10-2018, 05:09 PM

Thank you for the information, I’ve done on their website and just reread all the rules including dress code. Just trying to prepare myself both mentally and emotionally and try and stay strong through this whole thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Yulia89 For This Useful Post:
maytayah (08-10-2018)