Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Georgia.

Old 08-29-2009, 06:53 PM
Kissy Face

Angry Maggots in food

I can't believe this!!!! I just got a call from my boyfriend who said " guess what was in our dinner tonight" I almost didn't want to ask. He told me MAGGOTS!!!! That is not right!!! Would you feed an animal food with maggots? Why would they feed people food with maggots. Can they do that? Could you imagine what they could have started? They are already having problems with stabbings at night. So what they make all of theese men deathly ill by feeding them maggots. How can we stop this?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2009, 12:27 AM
Truly, Madly, Deeply

Thanked 1,230 Times in 836 Posts

Eeeewwww!!!! That's so gross... I can't wait til we're all done with the DOC for good!!! I realize it'll be a new set of PTO'ers at that point, but heck, anyway... This is so disgusting!!!!

And we're more in love and happier than ever!
Old 08-30-2009, 12:33 AM
He is Forreal!

Thanked 1,198 Times in 430 Posts

OMG! That is horrible!!! That is so not right and very unethical, i mean i don't even want to think about everything that comes along with that! Wow, I am like so furious right now i am speechless! Because there is no telling what other poor conditions they have to endure that they haven't informed us of.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:16 AM
Kissy Face

Is there anything that we can do about this? Can we all get together and complain? This is not the first time that I've heard about gross stuff in the food, but it is about the worst. How can we help? This supposedly has something to do with the budget cuts and lack of money. They have not been getting lunches on the weekends for a long time. How can we help them?
Old 08-30-2009, 07:07 AM

I know that restaurants are under regulation by county health departments, I wonder if prison kitchens are? I would call the health dept in that county for info. By the way, what prison was this at, just wondering cause my bf is at Johnson.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:35 AM
Truly, Madly, Deeply

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitn4mybaby View Post
I know that restaurants are under regulation by county health departments, I wonder if prison kitchens are? I would call the health dept in that county for info. By the way, what prison was this at, just wondering cause my bf is at Johnson.
Smith SP in Glenville, GA...

The Following User Says Thank You to Mommy4Two For This Useful Post:
waitn4mybaby (08-31-2009)
Old 08-31-2009, 07:09 AM
Kissy Face

He's at smith State in Glennville. I'm going to call the health dept today. Let you all know how it goes later.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChrissyG For This Useful Post:
waitn4mybaby (08-31-2009)
Old 08-31-2009, 08:37 AM

You know they need to treat people humane no matter who they are! I never even realized how prisoners were treated in this country until now that my friend has been incarcerated it has opened my eyes and it is disgusting what they go through!
Old 08-31-2009, 06:00 PM
Kissy Face

O.K so I called the health Dept. This afternoon. They will have an inspector in Tattnall tomorrow who will got to SSP and investigate. I'm hoping (and not) that they find something. The health dept has to investigate every complaint. That's it ladies... We just need to keep standing up for our men!!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ChrissyG For This Useful Post:
cblueiis (08-31-2009), LORNA (09-03-2009), moma k (08-31-2009), waitn4mybaby (08-31-2009)
Old 08-31-2009, 07:42 PM
~amor a todas horas~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyG View Post
O.K so I called the health Dept. This afternoon. They will have an inspector in Tattnall tomorrow who will got to SSP and investigate. I'm hoping (and not) that they find something. The health dept has to investigate every complaint. That's it ladies... We just need to keep standing up for our men!!!
That is so disgusting! You're right...We must be their voice on the outside...if we don't speak up for them....WHO WILL?
Old 08-31-2009, 08:22 PM

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!! Will they call you back if they find anything? I'm not sure about there but I think they post the findings on a county website. I am so happy you were able to report this and it sounds like they took it seriously. I think it is much worse than even a restaurant cause they have no choice but to eat the food they are given. It is a definite health hazard and they may not find anything, but just having them show up there may keep them on their toes to keep things cleaned up there a little better. WAY TO GO!!!!!!!
Old 08-31-2009, 09:05 PM

Thanked 2,420 Times in 846 Posts

I hope and pray who ever you spoke with today at the health department will truly go out to the prison and investigate, at least check out the cleanliness of the kitchen and storage areas.
I am sorry to be skeptical, but it seems all government is good for these days is watching each others backsides at the expense of all of us.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lordbew/us For This Useful Post:
moma k (08-31-2009)
Old 08-31-2009, 10:35 PM

Thanked 1,499 Times in 584 Posts

lordbewus,,you took the words right out of my mouth,,,,,chrissy,,are you going to try to follow up with them,,and if you do,,let me know,,I have some #s we can call,,,I will try to help you,,
The Following User Says Thank You to moma k For This Useful Post:
ChrissyG (09-02-2009)
Old 08-31-2009, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyG View Post
Good for you that you called the health dept...that is utterly disgusting.....keep us posted on what happens...it makes you wonder what do they do to the food that our inmates don't know about....ewwwww
Old 09-02-2009, 07:25 AM
Kissy Face

I followed up with the person who was to be the one to inspect SSP ( David Brak). He did not!!! He told me that there is another inspector ( Lance Dasher) who knows the facility and all there. Mr. Dasher supposedly knows who he can and can not trust. Mr. Dasher is out of town intill Monday(Labor Day) and will inspect SSP then.On Labor day?? Isn't that a holiday? Mr. Brak probably meant Tues. Like I said before... this is not the first incident that I've heard of. I was told that someone was cut in the kitchen or something to that affect, and that blood got into the sauce that they were making. The warden was notified and told them to keep cooking any germs would cook out. God only knows what else goes on. We just need to keep reporting. Hopefully someone will hear us and help. Moma, please feel free to call your #'s or give them to me. Something needs to be done!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to ChrissyG For This Useful Post:
moma k (09-02-2009)
Old 09-03-2009, 01:22 AM
Donation Award 

Chrissy-

Thanks for the update. I guess you will know more after the holidays. However, if they get "wind" of a complaint, that would allow some time to clean up so they wouldn't find as many violations.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:52 AM
Kissy Face

I feel the same way about that. It sure does give them about a week to clean up. I hope this works!!
Old 09-04-2009, 08:49 PM
Truly, Madly, Deeply

Well, as long as they get it clean and keep it that way!!! Who cares why, as long as it gets done before someone gets really sick or dies!!!

Old 09-05-2009, 06:44 AM
Kissy Face

I really hope so too. I'm still upset about this. Hopefully I'll know more on Tues. I'll keep you all posted. Thank you for you support!!!
Old 09-05-2009, 06:32 PM
aka klyn and I hate Ga

I have heard they also feed them food that is way out dated this just makes me sick
Old 09-09-2009, 05:34 AM
Kissy Face

I called the health deot. yesterday and got nothing. I even left a message for Mr. Dasher to return my call and have not heard back. I'm begining to wonder if he even went and inspected SSP. I'll call again today, and hopefully we'll get some news.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:17 AM
Kissy Face

Mr. Dasher finally called me back and he inspected SSP. He didn't find any thin. He did tell me that they usually don't take outside complaints. In order for them to inspect they need to hear from the inmates themselves. There is a for that they can get and fill out with a counselors help. How can that be? It doesn't make sense to me!! Well any way, this should keep them all on their toes.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:24 AM
Truly, Madly, Deeply

Do you believe that he actually went and did an inspection? I don't know if I'd believe it or not! Sometimes gov't agencies like to play nicey-nice with other state agencies... Keep the peace amongst 'em, ya know!?

Old 09-14-2009, 04:52 AM
Kissy Face

I think that that man is full of it!! I don't think that he ever went. Tip off was when he said that they usually don't take outside complaints, and that the inmates need to do it.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:00 AM

Thanked 2,420 Times in 846 Posts

Heck if it would have been the humane society, you know they would have been out there in a heartbeat investigating the mistreatment of animals.

IMO I think first and foremost all these departments look out for each others hides. It would take a whisle blower to do the right thing.

SO SAD!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Lordbew/us For This Useful Post:
moma k (09-14-2009)