Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > Canadian Prison & Criminal Justice Topics > Canada Prisons & Jails Visitation, Phones, Packages & mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Canada Prisons & Jails Visitation, Phones, Packages & mail This forum deals with all the ins and outs of the Canadian Prison and Criminal Justice System, including Phones, Mail, Packages, and visitation.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:25 PM

a lot of these posts are really old by now so I'm gonna ask to see how things are working out for everyone.
My husband is at Penatange. He's new there and waiting for a transfer (soon I hope). I don't know if they have a phone card system but my husband doesn't have a card. He picks up the phone and calls home collect. It's $13.30 for 20 mins with my Bell home phone. I live way out in the country so my cell phone doesn't work out here and my internet is sketchy and cuts out all the time. Any ideas on what to do? Will any of the phone companies mentioned above work for me?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2011, 08:25 AM
Banned

We haven't tried Relink but we signed up with TrappCall and have saved tones of money... they don't do unlimited but their rates are great and they do collect! If you're interested their site is trappcall.com.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:20 PM
lost with out my man

Default hello

i am new to this my man is bath ontario and i livein guelph does anyone know some were i can stay cheap down thier it is just outside kingston i just want to give up my place werei am am but would love to spend 4 days a week with him ,, if any one know please email donnylush@hotmail,com ty kim and also dont know how to putit on the canada site thanks again ,, a girl with a broken heart

Last edited by donnykim; 08-08-2011 at 09:23 PM.. Reason: added more
Old 08-08-2011, 09:27 PM
lost with out my man

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnykim View Post
i am new to this my man is bath ontario and i livein guelph does anyone know some were i can stay cheap down thier it is just outside kingston i just want to give up my place werei am am but would love to spend 4 days a week with him ,, if any one know please email donnylush@hotmail,com ty kim and also dont know how to putit on the canada site thanks again ,, a girl with a broken heart
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyPin View Post
a lot of these posts are really old by now so I'm gonna ask to see how things are working out for everyone.
My husband is at Penatange. He's new there and waiting for a transfer (soon I hope). I don't know if they have a phone card system but my husband doesn't have a card. He picks up the phone and calls home collect. It's $13.30 for 20 mins with my Bell home phone. I live way out in the country so my cell phone doesn't work out here and my internet is sketchy and cuts out all the time. Any ideas on what to do? Will any of the phone companies mentioned above work for me?
hello their is a company callled canadarelink and telehop telehop will give you a number were he is and it is local for him to call u they can run it though ur home phone it is 14.99 a mnt canada relink is 99 a mnt for unlimetd and their is also primus
Old 08-29-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyPin View Post

hi
my mans in penetang too and i just called canada relink they do havce lines for there but not every many, i am waiting on my line should be in a couple days its 129 a month and the first month is free

Old 08-29-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelkisses660 View Post
hi
my mans in penetang too and i just called canada relink they do havce lines for there but not every many, i am waiting on my line should be in a couple days its 129 a month and the first month is free

Well I just called them again and because penetang is in high demand for a line out and they only have a few lines they dont offer the free month for that jail, so its 125 to connect plus 99 a month and then you have to pay 1.50 a call that you need to add on at the start of the month so if your loved one wants to call 20 times that month you have to pay the 99 a mont plus 1.50 x 20 just for them to call.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:11 PM
Banned

All I can say is if you want your service set up the same day and I mean like within minutes and want to get started with $25 setup fee and 7 day a week customer service then Trappcall is the way to go. This is just what I think becuase when I want service I dont like being put on a waiting list and with Trappcall I was setup in munites.
Old 09-01-2011, 05:46 PM

I called them today and it's $50.00 you put on first $25.00 for your set up and $25.00 goes towards your balance and they charge $3.00 a month fee which she said wasn't charged the first month then for penetang I dont know if it's different rates anywhere else is 12.5 cents a min with a connection fee of $1.50 which makes a 20 min call less than $3.00 mine is going up for parole sept 18th week so I'm waiting to see if he gets it if not I'm going to go with trappcall it sounds like a lot better of a deal than the other place.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:55 PM

Dont forget free calls on your bitrthday (all day!!) with TrappCall. Its realy any day that you give the trappcall customer service when you set up the account but once you set it up you cant change it. So pick his birthday or yours birthday or some other day that is meaning full to you both like your anniversary, etc.

Last edited by lovesbadboys; 09-01-2011 at 05:57 PM..
Old 09-01-2011, 06:03 PM

She never told me that, thanks for sharing!

Old 09-01-2011, 06:06 PM

Sorry one more..Trappcall will credit you $20 for every person that says you refered them as well.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:13 PM
Rollercoaster Rider!

I just got Trapp Call too! And I am sooooo happy with it! It is the only way I can communicate with my bf, and the first time he called me with it, he said he had a line up of guys wanting him to give them the info too, because it is so good. Collect calls on my cell phone! Yay!
I'm surprised more people don't know about this service!!
Spread the word!
Old 09-04-2011, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliba View Post
I just got Trapp Call too! And I am sooooo happy with it! It is the only way I can communicate with my bf, and the first time he called me with it, he said he had a line up of guys wanting him to give them the info too, because it is so good. Collect calls on my cell phone! Yay!
I'm surprised more people don't know about this service!!
Spread the word!
Can you get trapcall activated on your existing cell phone number in 416 area code. How does it work. Can you please let me know. What are the charges.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:49 PM

Default I have it hooked up for Brantford

It is pretty good. I am from Hamilton but my calls are 4bucks for 20mins and it was set up in mins of calling. Its prepaid so no big bills and cause my man is out before mine and his bdays we made up a date to get free calls lol. I reccomend it to anyone. PM me if you want more info and if you decide to go with them i would appreciate the refferal

Jodi
Old 09-28-2011, 10:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by niffum View Post
Hi I just got off the phone to Canada Relink...yes its true they do unlimited collect calls, but unfortunatley only to Federal Institutions, so if your loved one is in Provincial your S.O.L My guy is in provincial for now maybe in fedral in about 4mon so no happpy dance for me
I am confused!! I will say that I am using TrappCall for a while and always looking for something better but honestly I can not find anything better. I called Canada Relink as you suggested above and was very surprised that first the lady on the phone asked me to call back to see if they have numbers. Any way I asked her for the cost and get this . . . setup fee is $125 (first she said $99 put me on hold then came back and said $125). Then its $150 recurring every month (whether you use the service or not) plus charge for the calls.

People really?? $150 per month whether I use the service or not . . . are you kidding me?? Also $125 for connection fee when I can get TrappCall for $25 setup fee not to mention that with Trappcalll I only pay for what you use, I mean it is Pay as u go and I can see my calls online as they happen. Maybe I am missing something but I realy dont have $125 to set up any service and I do not have $150 every month for a service charge.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:35 PM

Does this work for cell phones? Like can my boyfriend call my cell number through this service? He is at Millhaven in "assessment"
Old 09-30-2011, 10:51 AM
Banned

Works for all phones.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:27 AM
Rollercoaster Rider!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missandlove View Post
Does this work for cell phones? Like can my boyfriend call my cell number through this service? He is at Millhaven in "assessment"
Yes - mine is set up to my cell phone, so he can call me no matter where I am!
Old 05-05-2012, 09:23 AM

Default Unlimited collect calls to cell phone

I found a way to get UNLIMITED collect calls to my cell phone for $50 a month.
I sent my contact info to collectconnect@live.com and was hooked up within hours.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:18 PM

My Brother is in a super jail in Ontario and I also use Collect Connect I didn't email though i called a number and was hooked up.... i know how expensive calls can get expecialy when all our loved ones want to do is talk there all ready in a bad place as it is they don't need to cause there familys with the burden of thousand dollar phone bills on top of everything. anyways the number i called was (289) 698-8552 you can not call that number collect but there is always someone there to hepset you up.. good luck everyone :>
Old 05-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Banned

Did you say some one to hook you up?? Seriously?? Not sure that will go well for privacy of the phone call. Also if some one is hooking you up that is definately a 3-Way-Call right off the bat and that is against ALL Facilites Polcies.
Old 05-09-2012, 05:03 AM
Banned

jimbobones, please see another post about the (289) 698 8552 service here (http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...=574483&page=2).

I was very interested to learn more about this service and I called and spoke to the guy and as the other forum member says there are 2 things that will happen when you use this service.

1) It will be a matter of time before you land in jail
2) as well as the Virgin mobile and Public mobile engineer on the inside that is making the collect calls work.

You may not think thre is anything wrong with this but it is called FRAUD. Basically the employee in the cell phone company is manipulating the billing so the calls dont show up. Once Virgin Mobile and Public mobile figure this out heads will roll and you may land in prison as well.

I think people on this forum are trying to stay out of prosin not land in prison and I dont realy think you should be propogating illegal services in the forum!!

Last edited by ninjayute; 05-09-2012 at 05:07 AM..
Old 12-20-2012, 09:29 AM

I have not Heard of this service, right now I use Call2Talk, Call2Talk does more than Fed jails.
Old 01-14-2020, 10:40 AM

Default Canada Relink Names Exposure DID Numbers Careless Owner I have videos

I have leaked videos posted on Canada Relink, the owner Mohamed is careless hes posted names and information on inmates and family members, some he went as far as posting their driver licence, credit card information and more, just search for Canada Relink, I have posted one video and have more coming, these 3rd party collect call companies have no respect for inmates or family members !!! Its a class auction lawsuit waiting to happen, I have more videos I will be posting, its disgusting how they treat inmates nothing but money !!! They get DID numbers for as little as $3 and charge you ridiculous amounts. Remember once they give you a number that is your number you can port it !!! You own it and what they do they recycle them !!! SPEAK OUT

These 3rd Party Collect Companies do not follow CRTC regulations, they are not registered as with CRTC as resellers, also they need BITS and provide 911 services, and remember the Call Forwarding number they provide you each time this number belongs to you, you can take and port this number. Dont be fooled by their explanation "We offer different service so this does not apply" THATS BS CRTC explains as long a company provides two way communication they need to register with CRTC and that is what they are doing is providing you with 2 way communications.