Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MASSACHUSETTS > Massachusetts Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Massachusetts Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Massachusetts prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & and related topics.

Old 03-27-2017, 05:01 AM

Default First ever visit

Hi everyone!

I've booked my flights & hotel to fly from the UK to finally meet my man for a visit and I can't wait!

But this whole experience is new to me and I'm really freaking out about the visitation rules regarding your outfit! Of course I want to look nice but I really don't want to be turned away for wearing the wrong thing!

I'll be going to visit SBCC in mass and was looking for some hints/tips regarding clothing and the visit in general!

I have seen lots of cute tops with the shoulders cut out and I wondered if this is generally ok? Are females allowed to wear jeans? (I've seen different things posted online about this) are you allowed to wear any kind of shoes as long are they are not open? Are dresses allowed? And can you wear short sleeves?

Anyone with any experience would really help me out as I am really worried about this!

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out 🙂
The Following User Says Thank You to silversprings For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (04-05-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2017, 05:07 AM

Thanked 3,005 Times in 1,805 Posts

I would look up the rules but I hope someone will answer your question. But here where I love they don't allow those shirts with the open shoulders to be safe wear a normal cute shirt one that doesn't show your boobs books and that isn't extremely tight. No skinny jeans and nothing with holes in them.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:05 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Thanked 11,997 Times in 5,005 Posts

Here are the dress regulations for Mass. http://www.mass.gov/eopss/agencies/d...ress-code.html Just make sure you follow the rules and if you are driving take an extra outfit in the car in case you are turned away then you can change. The tops with holes in the shoulders are not likely to be allowed.
When I visit I dress for church nothing tight nothing clingy usually black trousers and t shirt then I do my hair and make up nice.Its tough that you cant dress how you want but remember the important thing is that you get into the visit as you travelling so far, dont risk getting turned away.
Dont forget to let us know how you get on we enjoy a good first visit story its so exciting.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.

Last edited by maytayah; 03-27-2017 at 04:19 PM..
Old 03-27-2017, 12:14 PM

Definitely look over the regulations for your specific prison. Jeans and open toed shoes are allowed where I visit. I agree that it is helpful to take a change of outfit in case you need to change. Maybe find a wireless bra lol if you usually wear ones with wire-that was my first big mistake ; ) So excited for you-do let us know how it goes!!
Old 03-27-2017, 02:06 PM

Thanked 1,136 Times in 642 Posts

Some prisons offer special visiting privileges (longer visits, visits outside standard days/times) to visitors who travel a great distance. Check with SBCC to learn whether you might qualify.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:33 PM

Oh I did not know that! I will look into this thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to silversprings For This Useful Post:
IzzyLouWho (04-04-2017)
Old 04-04-2017, 01:35 PM

Thanks everyone for your help and advice! I have read over the dress code rules for SBCC and I think I will wear jeans and a plan loose tshirt to be on the safe side.
I have a few months to go yet but I will share my experience with you all thanks again!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to silversprings For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (04-05-2017), Tina (04-04-2017)
Old 04-05-2017, 12:27 AM
Embrace Your Wild ⭐️
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,822 Times in 2,086 Posts

Ooh, how very exciting....be sure to keep us posted on how things go