Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Jersey Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of New Jersey, including lockdowns.

Old 11-16-2016, 08:17 AM

Default CRAF classification

Hi all,

I know it's been really quiet on the NJ PTO forums, but what the heck - maybe someone will know the answer to this.

Assuming a 2nd degree charge (witness tampering) with a flat 5 plea, no prior offenses or record, and the prosecutor having no opposition to ISP, what classification is likely? Any idea?

Does the 2nd degree charge warrant a "base" classification level of medium security or anything like that?

Any speculation as to where he might end up? He's a 48 yo white male, if that matters.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2016, 07:35 PM

I don't think there's much rhyme of reason. Well... there is. There is a point system where they add and subtract points for things like age, priors, type of crime, education. My LO classified for the lowest security, but his crime overrode all of that. It's also tough to decipher where he will be going. My LO heard from mostly everyone he came in talks with that he'd be going to one prison, and he wound up going somewhere completely different.

It's a tough unknown time. He was in CRAF for a little over 3 weeks, seeing guys shipped out to where he was going every week who got there after him. He said it was by far the toughest time so far. Now he is settled into a routine where he is and time is going by sooooo much quicker! His phone list was approved super quick at CRAF so he was able to call almost every day, but I know some aren't that lucky =\
The Following User Says Thank You to Have2BPatient For This Useful Post:
Tina (11-17-2016)
Old 11-16-2016, 07:47 PM

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, I'm worried they might not qualify him for full minimum because of the (absolute BS) 2nd degree charge and start him off in medium as a result... Weird how the prosecution said they wouldn't oppose ISP yet they want to nail him on a 2nd degree charge. It makes no sense.

This state is ridiculous.