Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WISCONSIN > Wisconsin Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wisconsin Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release or community service in Wisconsin should be posted here.

Old 10-08-2015, 02:48 PM

Default Why won't they let me transport?

My brother is being released in 4 days, we had planned that my mother & I where going to pick him up on the day of his release. Now his probation officer is telling us that her supervisor said we are not allowed to transport him from the prison and she will arrange transportation ... I have NEVER head of this before.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2015, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 6,336 Times in 3,157 Posts

If he's going from the prison to home, that doesn't make sense to me.

If he's going from prison to a halfway house or other facility that isn't his home, then it makes sense that they need to transport to make sure he arrives on time.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:44 AM

He is going home, and we found out the reason. It's because the people from Milwaukee have no idea what they are doing. Everytime you talk to someone you get a different answer lol

He is a minimum security inmate in a mixed (max / min) prison. They thought that since there was max security there that we couldn't not pick him up.

So after a couple calls we got a call back from his PO again saying that yes we can pick him up, but i have a feeling that it will change again and back again by the time we actually pick him up on Tuesday!
The Following User Says Thank You to Calista Juliett For This Useful Post:
sass4221 (10-09-2015)
Old 10-09-2015, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calista Juliett View Post
He is going home, and we found out the reason. It's because the people from Milwaukee have no idea what they are doing. Everytime you talk to someone you get a different answer lol

He is a minimum security inmate in a mixed (max / min) prison. They thought that since there was max security there that we couldn't not pick him up.

So after a couple calls we got a call back from his PO again saying that yes we can pick him up, but i have a feeling that it will change again and back again by the time we actually pick him up on Tuesday!

Hopefully it won't change again... man how will you get any sleep during these few days??? Grats on the homecoming!