Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prisons & Jails > GREAT MEADOW HUB - NY DOC
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GREAT MEADOW HUB - NY DOC New York State Prisons & Institutions located inside the GREAT MEADOW HUB - Moriah, Washington, Great Meadow, Mt. McGregor, Greene, Coxsackie, Hudson.

Old 09-16-2013, 05:42 PM

Default Updated Info: Hudson Correctional Facility Visitation Info

Apparently no one has any updated information about Hudson Correctional Facility. I hope this helps someone in the future.

Visitation Hours: 9am-3pm (Saturdays/Sundays/Holidays)

Visit Rules: The usual, just like any other medium facility; hugging and kissing allowed (I had no interruption), hands above the table, no gum, playing cards allowed etc.

Visit Room: There are 2 visit rooms once you get through security check. One for children and one for adults only. You can sit at any table you desire as long as the inmate is facing the COs. The inmate is allowed to walk to vending machine with the visitor. Pictures are taken for $2 or a token ($2/token).

My experience:

I got to the facility about 9am and was number 11. The wait is very long because they process one by one. They didn't begin processing visitors until about 9:30am. The visiting center is a decent size with plenty chairs, tables, and lockers. Both male and female bathrooms. There is a lovely volunteer named Dan, who helped me out a lot since it was my first time. Once my number was called at about 10:05 am, I was told to give my ID and paperwork, had to take off my shoes and place any items in the basket and went through the metal detector and dropped off my package. After processing, went straight to visit floor where I handed my paperwork to the CO and was told to sit anywhere I wanted, as long as my hubby was facing him. My hubby was able to walk to the vending machine, use the microwave etc. COs are very laid back and cool. Everyone appeared to have a great visit.

Hope this helps...
Sponsored Links