Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Probation, Parole & Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Probation, Parole & Supervision Having problems (or need info) with Probation, Parole or Community Corrections & Supervision?? Lets talk about it here.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:26 AM

Default Probation/Parole/Sentencing Questions

Okay first of all, when I was 18.. I got introuble for Criminal Damage 4th Deg.(GM) I was placed on probation for 2 years. I caught another charge at 19 for 3rd Deg Burglary (felony), I was guilty by association. I fell in depression and started and using, I failed UAs but only served 4 days in jail (luckily). But I didn't use around the time of getting arrested for the new charge. I'm on the verge of getting sentencing for the new charge, what are some very possibilities? I think I might be getting 5 more years of probation but..What will happen to my old probation? Will I serve time? I just want to get through all of this so I can start over and fresh.. but all this stress and frustration is the lack of my motivation.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2013, 05:26 AM

You'll certainly face a Violation of Probation for the new charge, and it would surprise me if you receive some time for that violation. If the failed UAs haven't been dealt with yet (the way you wrote the post I'm not sure if you've been violated for that yet), then those would be rolled into the violation, and you'll probably be getting more time. Without more information as to your adjustment while under supervision, aside from the already seriously poor adjustment you've noted here, no one can tell you what you're looking at.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:33 PM

Well, I'm under PSI at the moment to determine my sentence, I think they'll try to give me treatment or drug court for those failed UAs as part of my sentencing. P.S. I've never had to do treatment nor Drug Court before with probation. But, for my last uncompleted probation sentence, is it getting revoked and renewed with this new probation sentence im getting? So, I might have to sit time for part of the sentencing? Is it possible to execute everything with prison time or something?
Old 02-27-2013, 05:19 AM

First, I meant to say that it WOULD NOT surprise me if you received some time for that violation. On the new charge, the Court may elect, and probably will, to order a special condition that you complete substance abuse treatment. The Court hearing the violation charge should be apprised of your sentence, and MAY take that under advisement, but they are under no obligation to do so.