Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prisons & Jails > WENDE HUB PRISONS - NY DOC
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

WENDE HUB PRISONS - NY DOC New York Prisons in the WENDE HUB - Albion, Attica, Orleans, Rochester, Buffalo, Wende, Wyoming, Livingston, Groveland, Collins, Gowanda, Lakeview.

Old 03-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Prison Ryder to the end!!

Default Anything I should know about ATTICA???

Hi ladies! Well this weekend is my first trip up to Attica to see my husband since he got there a few months ago so needless to say I know nothing about there visiting process or anything. I did read the Attica thread in the forum but I basically wanted to know about things I should not wear and what is the story with the bathroom in the morning that everyone changes their clothes in and also what kind of change purse can I take my money in to go on to the visit floor???? Any answers would be appreciated if not still thank you for reading anyway!!! Hugs and kisses
Old 03-09-2010, 09:51 PM
Together, were a FORCE!
Donation Award 

Hi darling,
Atttica is not my cup of tea, and I prefer that Malik is 6 hours away in Clinton, than 1 hour away at Attica. I have not been there in years, from visiting my cuzo, but I know some girls that go there from Rochester. You are lucky that the buses up there get there really early, so you will have time to change, if you are riding the bus. I know the Rochester woman, try to beat the buses, because there are so many. The dress is pretty much the same as the rest of the prisons, even though I can recall seeing stuff being worn there when the women came out, that would not have gotten into Clinton. The weekend visits are very, very crowded. Not sure about the chnge purse. Girl, just take what you have, and a clear snadwich bag if they give you beef. LOL. Enjoy your visit, with your hubby.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NycCutie View Post
Hi ladies! Well this weekend is my first trip up to Attica to see my husband since he got there a few months ago so needless to say I know nothing about there visiting process or anything. I did read the Attica thread in the forum but I basically wanted to know about things I should not wear and what is the story with the bathroom in the morning that everyone changes their clothes in and also what kind of change purse can I take my money in to go on to the visit floor???? Any answers would be appreciated if not still thank you for reading anyway!!! Hugs and kisses
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mzneeta For This Useful Post:
Doll Eyes (03-10-2010), NycCutie (03-10-2010)
Old 03-09-2010, 10:12 PM
Not active-find *********
Donation Award 

Thanked 7,380 Times in 3,006 Posts
Default dress conservatively for your first visit

and observe-a clear ziplock works for your money and id-(except at Sing Sing for some reason)-but would not take a chance on clothes for the first visit.

When I was lost--I found PTO. Thank you everyone.

"Pay it forward."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Momma Ann For This Useful Post:
Doll Eyes (03-10-2010), NycCutie (03-10-2010)
Old 03-10-2010, 10:05 AM
No Puedo Mas Sin Ti

I will be visting Attica for the first time next week. I am coming from Arizona.

In Arizona you can only bring in $20 and it has to be in quarters....what demonations do you ladies bring in, like all $1s or?? How much do you bring? Everything in Arizona prisons as far as the vending machines go is VERY expensive, so $20 does not go far.

Are there any colors that you can not wear? We can not wear brown, kacki or orange, and NO v-necks, all shirts have to come up to your collar bone in AZ.

Thanks for the responses so far, it's been helpful!
Old 03-10-2010, 06:09 PM
Together, were a FORCE!
Donation Award 

Hi,
Here the color thing is not an issue, except for white. A lot of the CO's, swear that white is see through. No matter that your shirt could be a thick, white cotton sweater, etc. No up to your neck, stuff either. Just be appropriate, and have an extra shirt, always. Be careful of the jeans, and the extra hardware, and bling that comes on some of them.
Here in NYS prisons, they give you the gold dollars, which I love, and try and keep for my visits, as the change machines run out of change quite frequently. I never bring more than $10, just because I cannot eat too much, but the popcorn, and Malik doesn't like the vending food either.
Are you staying for the weekend? If so, try and eat breakfast before u even go into your visit, I 'd suggest.
Like Momma Anna said, go and observe. Don't get it twisted though, some of the girls, are out of pocket, but I swear they are entertainment for the CO's. LOL. For real..
Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedgirl1 View Post
I will be visting Attica for the first time next week. I am coming from Arizona.

In Arizona you can only bring in $20 and it has to be in quarters....what demonations do you ladies bring in, like all $1s or?? How much do you bring? Everything in Arizona prisons as far as the vending machines go is VERY expensive, so $20 does not go far.

Are there any colors that you can not wear? We can not wear brown, kacki or orange, and NO v-necks, all shirts have to come up to your collar bone in AZ.

Thanks for the responses so far, it's been helpful!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mzneeta For This Useful Post:
Doll Eyes (03-11-2010), NycCutie (03-10-2010)
Old 03-10-2010, 07:19 PM
True love at its best

Default Visit

You can bring how much you want. I usally take quarters and dollar bills. Some places run out of change or the machine break down. But my husband and I could eat off of about $40-45. But I was have at least $60. Just in case he wants something special or he is a little extra hungry. Remember you need quarters for the photo tickets. They are about $2.00 a piece in US quarters. Have fun
Old 03-10-2010, 07:33 PM
Prison Ryder to the end!!

I am gonna play it safe and wear a cute little juicy sweatsuit(I hope hoodies are not a problem because sing sing used to act stupid if you had on a hoodie sometimes! Other than that I went to the bank today and change some bills for rolls of quarters just to play it safe becasue I remember those change machines from sing sing would always be out of order and i was always left there with a $20 bill like duh.........Thanks for your response ladies anything else that comes to mind that you remember before saturday please feel free to come back and write lol.......
Doll Eyes (03-11-2010)
Old 03-10-2010, 08:51 PM
True love at its best

Quote:
Originally Posted by NycCutie View Post
I am gonna play it safe and wear a cute little juicy sweatsuit(I hope hoodies are not a problem because sing sing used to act stupid if you had on a hoodie sometimes! Other than that I went to the bank today and change some bills for rolls of quarters just to play it safe becasue I remember those change machines from sing sing would always be out of order and i was always left there with a $20 bill like duh.........Thanks for your response ladies anything else that comes to mind that you remember before saturday please feel free to come back and write lol.......
I love wearing those cute sweatsuites, my hubby love them to. BC he could see al the curves. LOL. U might want to wear a cute shirt. A lot of the facilites dont allow. Especially on the weekends the COs become hard asses. Hope u enjoy your visit giel
Old 03-11-2010, 09:50 AM
No Puedo Mas Sin Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzneeta View Post
Are you staying for the weekend? If so, try and eat breakfast before u even go into your visit, I 'd suggest.
No, I will just be there Wed-Fri.

Thank you for all of your help. Arizona and NY are two different worlds for sure, not just in the prison system, but all the way around!!