Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Michigan prison Visitation, Phones & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's sub-forum category.

Old 11-09-2005, 07:54 PM

Question Getting a new number added to there list

Hi, my fiancé just told me that he can't add any new numbers to his phone list for 6months! Does anybody know if there’s a way he can add a number before that?? I was just wondering because I will be moving soon and getting a new number, and I hate to think I won’t be able to talk to him for 6months.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2005, 08:13 PM
Considers the source...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie_gr85
Does anybody know if there’s a way he can add a number before that??
I would suggest he talk to his counselor, and let him know the situation.
Although, it may depend on where he is. Hopefully someone else will have a suggestion...
Good Luck
Old 11-09-2005, 08:14 PM

I believe if it is a matter of a move and you have to change numbers, if you write to him with the new address and phone number, he can get his counselor to change it....or you might even write to his counselor directly. I think there may be another thread about this somewhere - recently too.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:30 PM
Satisfied

He can't add the numbers, but he should be able to *change* the number via his counselor. Send him a quick card that says you've changed your number... something he can show to his counselor and it should be fairly easily taken care of.

Jenn
Old 11-09-2005, 10:13 PM

yep he can change the number through his councelor thats what ken did when i moved i sent him the number and i called his councelor......i even went as far as to call the phone department in the prison and let them know he called me within a few days of my number changing.................i called the councelor a few times and talked to her she also handled it............
Old 11-10-2005, 08:04 AM
Love Keeps Us Strong

Dont get your hopes up, I am struggling with this same thing right now. I did write a letter to his counselor, I did call his counselor, I did send a letter to inform them of my change of address and telephone # and He also went to his counselor and put in a request. What he was told first was that they only change them if you are a spouse or his attorney, otherwise you have to wait until it is time to add someone. That is only every 6 months. I am still waiting for a reply from the letter that i sent him with my old and new address, phone #, etc. to show his counselor. I am lucky for one reason, that the old telephone # is where i lived with a family member, so i just keep money on that account for now and go there once a week to get his call. I really dont see the big deal over changing the number, but then again we live by their rules and they are there for a reason even if we dont understand them. Good Luck

Last edited by whisper248; 11-10-2005 at 08:13 AM..
Old 11-10-2005, 09:08 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,728 Times in 1,649 Posts

Well I never had any problems with changing phone numbers. Since you are already on his phone list it should be able to be changed immediately. Once I had to write the counselor and the other time I was told he had to do the changes. Good luck and hope you get results soon.

Old 11-10-2005, 06:31 PM

Thank you eveyone! I'll have to try talken to his counselor then and see what she says.