Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Georgia should be posted here.

Old 02-26-2005, 12:06 PM

Default Inter State Compact Info

I have been learning more and more about the process to transfer from a GA prison and parole to another state. Here is what i have been told...

Typically inmates fill out a questionare and if they have $25.00 in their account it is taken to pay for processing of the paperwork. If they don't have the $ then it will be due before they are released.

Papers are sent from the prison to ATL. Then ATL calls the person that the inmate has said they will be living with. After this they fax or e-mail the papers to the parole state.

They will not confirm the date they sent out the info but will tell you if they have sent it or not.

Once the info gets to the parole state then it is sent to the parole county. They aim to have the parole office in the county do a check of residency plans within 45 days from the date info left ATL. (This is only a goal not a firm period of time)

Once ATL gets the info back they will try to respond to the inmate within 10 days(again a goal). The inmate is the only one they will give out info to as to if they will be paroled and when.

They could receive a tella type and be released almost immediatly or they could have to wait for 3 more weeks.

I hope this may help someone in the future, but as with most of their daily opperations there is no definate structure.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2005, 09:47 PM

Thanks for the info B Dancer. I didn't know about the $25.00 fee. Does anyone out there know if this same process applies to those wanting to transfer their probation . Will and I are still trying to get the ball rolling on his transfer but his lazy coucellor(s.p.?) still has not requested the paperwork. I haven't had the opportunity to call the prison myself. I'm an hour behind Georgia time so by the time I get home from work all the people I need to talk to at the prison have gone home already. Sometimes it feels like I'm...
Old 02-26-2005, 09:52 PM
Al's Woman

Is this just for Georgia or all states with the interstate compact?
to the sound of your breath on my neck,
the warmth of your lips on my cheek,
the touch of your fingers on my skin,
and the feel of your heart beating with mine...
Knowing that I could never find that feeling
with anyone other than you.
<HR noShade SIZE=1>
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful citizens
can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Margaret Mead
Old 02-28-2005, 03:03 PM

Question Thanks for the info!

Hey, my boyfriend's PIC month is December. He has already turned in his money for his IC. He is paroling out to TN, to his moms! He gave them his money last year ( a mix up he was told his PIC month was last Dec.). But the parole board has even said that his it is Dec 05. I am just wondering how early can they or will they begin working on a interstate compact? I have heard that it can take up to 6 more months. His TPM is April 06, but we are hoping that he will make is pic month, he doesn't have any detainers or anything like that. Any help or info that anyone can give me on the IC process and how to get it going will help! Thanks so much. Have a great day everyone!~Sara
Old 03-03-2005, 08:14 PM
Banned

When my husband did his IC it took almost a year to process the first time he was in prison this was in 1998. He did his IC from Ga to Miami that is how I met him in Mia. He violated his parole now he is back in Ga so he says that to avoid the long wait again to come back to Mia he is going to parole in Ga to his Grandma and after 30 days of his release he is going to transfer to Miami. He says that he rather be free waiting on an IC to take rather than being locked up and waiting for it to go through. At least I can still drive and see him free and not in a prison enviorment. His TPM in the year 1998 was Sept 1997 by the time everything went through the channels if was Sept 1998. So I understand why he wants to do it this way this time. I mean if it takes a year again at least he will be free!!!!! So ladies remember they do not start the IC until the TPM has come that is why teletypes are issued after an IC is done because it is resolved way after thier TPM came up. So hang in there
Old 03-04-2005, 01:24 PM

wow a whole year to do the IC? I am sorry that your b/f violated his parole. When I first met my baby he was on Probation and he violated it, so they revoked his time and he got the rest of his sentence...that is how I got here. So, if you don't mind me asking Smokelady where is your boyfriend at? Thanks for the info. ~Sara
Old 03-06-2005, 01:53 PM

Can Charlie parole out to me? He was a resident of NY before being locked up in GA. I keep asking him when I should start writing to the parole board,he hasnt answered me. His TPM is 05/06. CAn anyone help me?
Old 03-09-2005, 09:03 AM

I'm not sure but I think that the states that do regular business-like boardering states- process the info more quickly. Right now we are waiting to here exactly when he's coming home but if my info is correct we should know something in the next two weeks.

I'd also suggest that inmates try to get the process started as early as possible because the counselors tend to drag things out.

Have your loved ones take charge and ask for the paperwork about 2 months prior to the TPM.

Good luck to everyone. I'll let you all know if I get any othe info.