Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prisons & Jails > WENDE HUB PRISONS - NY DOC
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

WENDE HUB PRISONS - NY DOC New York Prisons in the WENDE HUB - Albion, Attica, Orleans, Rochester, Buffalo, Wende, Wyoming, Livingston, Groveland, Collins, Gowanda, Lakeview.

Old 02-16-2020, 11:32 PM

Angry Transferring out of Attica

Hey everyone,

My husband has been up at Attica for almost 2 years. He put in for a transfer and was approved since July 2019 so 7 months ago and he's still at Attica! The other facility he was in people put in to transfer and the longest they would wait is 2 months. According to him, this is normal at Attica and they will hold you there for up to 2 years. One of his friends said they took over a year to leave after they were approved for the transfer. I called movement and control and they told me yes he's been approved since July. I asked the officer why hasn't he been transferred yet its been 7 months. She said "it depends on everyone's specific situation". Im like ... ok? and what specific situation is my husband in? There's plenty of beds open at the hubs my husband put in to transfer to, so why can't he just be moved? She said "I don't know I don't have any control over these things. the transfer can take up to 2 years". I'm like 2 years?! That's someone's whole entire bid!! Why is it taking so long? Has anyone had a LO transfer from Attica? Is there a way he can speed things up? Im honestly tired of traveling 6 hours with a baby in a car.

All help appreciated, thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2020, 03:02 AM

Thanked 1,132 Times in 507 Posts

It all depends on beds, what his needs are, what his classification is, if he has any enemies in the hub, if he’s awaiting ASAT ( if he needs it), does he need phase 3, what his mental health and medical levels are, does he need HSE, does he need SOTP, .... more but I can’t remember. The jail itself doesn’t make transfer decisions.
Call Classification and Movement in Albany Central office. Doesn’t mean you’ll get any answers because unfortunately most jails are double bunked already, and gov is looking to squeeze more guys to close more jails.
I hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ms Sunny For This Useful Post:
eyoxgorgeous (02-17-2020)
Old 02-17-2020, 08:23 PM

Hey girl thanks for helping,

Honestly, he doesn't need any of those services and is not in any mental health programs nor does he need any. He has all of the classes needed for FRP. Those were basically the only classes he was ever enrolled in. He has a high school diploma from when he was home and most of the prisons have college in them. He does not have any known enemies because he hasn't been in a physical altercation (that we know of on record). I just find it weird that specifically at Attica it takes unusually long to transfer (for everyone). It's almost as if they want them to get into a problem so they have to stay there.
Old 02-17-2020, 10:16 PM

Thanked 4,182 Times in 1,984 Posts

With more possible prison closures on the horizon, who knows how long it will take them to do anything.
Old 02-17-2020, 11:59 PM

i know seriously .
Old 02-18-2020, 01:44 PM

They said it's supposed to start in March I heard they are closing the Sullivan hub and the prisons down here my brother works at Sullivan that's what they are saying keeping the ones far away open figures
The Following User Says Thank You to ambermarshall11 For This Useful Post:
eyoxgorgeous (02-18-2020)
Old 02-18-2020, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambermarshall11 View Post
They said it's supposed to start in March I heard they are closing the Sullivan hub and the prisons down here my brother works at Sullivan that's what they are saying keeping the ones far away open figures
They are looking first to change the law that he only needs to give 90 days notice, so nothing is changing in March. Before the budget is completed, they will have to make the decision.

2-3 prisons look to be closing, but decisions on which ones have not been decided yet. There is speculation but until they make a decision and change the law nothing is happening yet.

They are also trying to change the double bunking law, so we shall see how that impacts the prison closures.

The north country is very worried and those are the farthest away.

It's a wait and see game.
Old 02-18-2020, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyoxgorgeous View Post
Hey everyone,

My husband has been up at Attica for almost 2 years. He put in for a transfer and was approved since July 2019 so 7 months ago and he's still at Attica! The other facility he was in people put in to transfer and the longest they would wait is 2 months. According to him, this is normal at Attica and they will hold you there for up to 2 years. One of his friends said they took over a year to leave after they were approved for the transfer. I called movement and control and they told me yes he's been approved since July. I asked the officer why hasn't he been transferred yet its been 7 months. She said "it depends on everyone's specific situation". Im like ... ok? and what specific situation is my husband in? There's plenty of beds open at the hubs my husband put in to transfer to, so why can't he just be moved? She said "I don't know I don't have any control over these things. the transfer can take up to 2 years". I'm like 2 years?! That's someone's whole entire bid!! Why is it taking so long? Has anyone had a LO transfer from Attica? Is there a way he can speed things up? Im honestly tired of traveling 6 hours with a baby in a car.

All help appreciated, thanks
Does he have codefendants or did he snitch on someone else or did someonesnitch on him? If so, they will keep them a part for safety reasons.
The Following User Says Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
Ms Sunny (02-18-2020)
Old 02-18-2020, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
Does he have codefendants or did he snitch on someone else or did someonesnitch on him? If so, they will keep them a part for safety reasons.
no he doesnt have anyone he's involved with. no documented problems besides this one random tier 3 ticket he got (for something he didnt even do) which landed him at attica. Other than that not even a fight is on his record. he didnt have any codefendants.
Old 02-18-2020, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambermarshall11 View Post
he doesnt know which one's are being closed. but he did tell me that there wasnt an option for certain hubs on the transfer application. so its possible they are closing that one down. he did tell me they havent decided yet as far as he knows.
Old 02-18-2020, 08:22 PM

Yes I guess everything Is in the air I just go by what my brother told me he knows before anyone else being he work in Sullivan guess we will have to see we really don't need any more facilities closing it's gonna cause more drama for the inmates