Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Ohio Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 06-17-2019, 11:32 AM

Default What is visiting like at CRC?

Hello everyone, I am wondering what it is like to visit at CRC. We are still waiting on my boyfriend to be transferred there from county and I would love to have an idea of what I am in for when I go to visit him eventually. He is putting me down as his support person and I downloaded the paperwork and have it already filled out for when he does finally get moved. I know they have to wait 8 days after arriving there before they can have visits.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2019, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandainohio View Post
Hello everyone, I am wondering what it is like to visit at CRC. We are still waiting on my boyfriend to be transferred there from county and I would love to have an idea of what I am in for when I go to visit him eventually. He is putting me down as his support person and I downloaded the paperwork and have it already filled out for when he does finally get moved. I know they have to wait 8 days after arriving there before they can have visits.
Well, for anyone else who may have the same questions here is how my visit went today. Once you sign in they give you a visitor badge and stamp your hand with an invisible ink. You can buy a vending machine card for $5, $3 will go on the card but you can add up to $60 on it but be advised it will only be good at this prison. Once they call all of the visitors you walk through a metal detector (one poor lady kept setting it off and ended up going to change hr clothes) and then they check your hand for the stamp. You then walk over to another building where they have the visits in. You get told what chair to sit in, as a heads up no leaning over they were making everyone sit straight. You can have 1 kiss and hug at the beginning and at the end of the visit. You are the only one who can get up to use the vending machines. They have things like pizza, hamburgers, hard boiled eggs, chips, cookies, sandwiches, candy, pop, Gatorade, and a few different pops. There is a microwave to heat things up. You can buy tokens to get your picture taken (you buy them in the building that you sign in at) and they are printed while you are visiting. Visits are all day, 8:30-3:20 but you can leave early if you want, they will ask if anyone would like to leave. If the visiting room is full and more people come they might end your visit. There are restrooms in the visiting building for you to use, the inmates can only go every 2 hours which is at certain times. The prison was very easy to find and lots of parking available.

The Following User Says Thank You to Amandainohio For This Useful Post:
LifeTraveler (07-05-2019)