Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > VIRGINIA > Virginia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Info
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Virginia Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Info This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Virginia.

Old 06-23-2010, 07:27 PM

I know I'm late but I still wanted to let you know... You have to get written permission from the warden.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:02 PM

ok there is a bus that goes from richmond va. to some of the prisons but i dont know which ones, ive not heard of any from dc. if you call greensville they might be able to give you contact info on the bus that goes there.

YOU NEVER KNOW HOW STRONG YOU ARE UNTIL BEING STRONG IS THE ONLY CHOICE YOU HAVE

Hebrews 13:3 - Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovinmk2010 View Post
My dad is in Greensville and I wanted to go see him for Fathers Day. The only problem is that I have a felony for a stupid hear say case. Will that stop me from seeing him.

you must get permision from the warden to visit if you have a felony. you need to write him explain what the charge was for ,how long its been since charge and also might help to put in a bit about how you have changed since this charge, a your dad.nd how much you need to see
he will evaluate it and reply so you need to tell him you are trying to visit fathersday hopefully he wont drag his feet on it.

if you are to go without permission as some do ,you will risk visits for a very long time if they catch it.

YOU NEVER KNOW HOW STRONG YOU ARE UNTIL BEING STRONG IS THE ONLY CHOICE YOU HAVE

Hebrews 13:3 - Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudBun View Post
Hi All - My boyfriend just got transferred to Greensville Correctional Center in Jarrett, VA. I have visted many of facilities but I understand that they are all different. Can anyone direct me in the right direction as to do's and don'ts please. How the visits are? Any information would be greatly appreciated. DOC cant make up their mind where they want to place him. He just got transferred a month ago and now they moved in again. Thank you all and god bless.

Nicole
my son is at greensville too,and yes every prison got different rules and also what you can wear,you can only visit on saturdays or sundays ,8 to 3 but i have even days ,so when i go on a weekend it has to be a even numbers,it all depends on the person building number,also you can bring 20 dollars in change for the snacks machines if they work,most of the time they do not,the best time to visit is be there at 8 am when the doors open,you will be the first one in and sometime you can stay longer than 2 hours,but if it is crowded than you have to leave ,if you come about 11 o or later its shorter visits,i usually get there at 8 and run to the snack machines and hope they are working,my son likes some of there food in it,but on sundays some days they have nothing,also you can bring only your car key in,and a see though bag with quarters in it,when you visit you fill out a paper every time with your car information on it,and wait till your name is called,than a bus will take u to the building.so have a good visit
The Following User Says Thank You to austin51 For This Useful Post:
alw (07-19-2010)
Old 08-08-2010, 05:18 PM

Hey all my greensville people!!!!!

Just wanted to give you all a heads up that for some reason (probably just because they feel like it) greensville is really knuckling down on that dress code. I almost got turned away in pants ive worn there numerous times for like the last 2 years. And 3 other girls that i noticed where made to change. So make sure youre on ur Ps and Qs with tha dress code, and have a spare just in case!!!

This is your life, and its ending one minute at a time..

Old 08-10-2010, 08:29 PM
I miss my Baby!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR09 View Post
Hey all my greensville people!!!!!

Just wanted to give you all a heads up that for some reason (probably just because they feel like it) greensville is really knuckling down on that dress code. I almost got turned away in pants ive worn there numerous times for like the last 2 years. And 3 other girls that i noticed where made to change. So make sure youre on ur Ps and Qs with tha dress code, and have a spare just in case!!!
You must of went there this weekend? My friend and I were there and they tried to make her change her dress and she worn up there before. Needless to say we got lucky because they let her in. They said that I had to pull my shirt up and keep it up. The funny thing is that the shirt I had on was NOT even low cut. I seen like 5 people have to change. When I got to the VI room one inmate had to go back to his cell because his visitor got turned away because what she had on. I tell you I think it all depends on the CO's who are working hat day.
JR09 (08-10-2010)
Old 08-10-2010, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayswifey28 View Post
You must of went there this weekend? My friend and I were there and they tried to make her change her dress and she worn up there before. Needless to say we got lucky because they let her in. They said that I had to pull my shirt up and keep it up. The funny thing is that the shirt I had on was NOT even low cut. I seen like 5 people have to change. When I got to the VI room one inmate had to go back to his cell because his visitor got turned away because what she had on. I tell you I think it all depends on the CO's who are working hat day.
Girl ive been goign every weekend for a couple years now, and i have never seen them ride visitors so hard. Mine was telling me that some of the C.Os got in trouble for their "interactions" so to speak with some of the inmates. Apparantley a lot got fired, some are being invetigated, and everyone else is on there A game now. It was ridiculous, i can tell you this they dont want to play that game with me. I will throw that shit right back at them. You arent going to tell me i cant wear something that i have worn for over a year because i thought it was safe just because you say so. I requested to see their captain. And I reccomend anyone else who they try to hassle to do the same!

This is your life, and its ending one minute at a time..