Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MARYLAND > Maryland General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Maryland General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Maryland that do not fit into any other Maryland sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 04-01-2015, 05:38 PM

Default Intro--Albinomooncrick

Hi Everyone from MD,

I was released in May 2014. Before I went in I was a Client Support Engineer for Edgewebhosting Inc. Now I am a felon. My situation could be much worse compared to many people, but I know have a new found respect for anyone who has been in the system. I was a productive member of society up until May 2013. I now cant even get a job at the local grocery store. Today I had another interview at Amazon and was offered a position based upon my background...once again I guess this is a miss. The feeling I have right now is much worse then when I was locked up. This isn't how life was going to be each day I counted off my sentence. Just needed to vent found this website a month or so back and would love to hear peoples experience. I'm not going to give up, I have 1 year left on probation, my PO has pretty much told me I wont be able to pay restitution so even with all this hard work and classes I'm still going to be violated...18 years 11 months suspended. Keep your head up...
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2015, 06:01 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,639 Times in 673 Posts

I have always felt if I could get an interview I would stand a pretty good chance of getting a job. This is with over a dozen felony convictions on my record. Why? Because in an interview I own my past without skirting it, then overwhelm them with my best attributes. Contrast, you got to give them contrast. As bad as I was, that is how much a better person I am now. Having a felony record most certainly does preclude you from some jobs, but for those it does not it can actually be shown to be and advantage. The advantage is being a person who face the lowest of lows, the self-imposed adversity, and not only overcame but thrived and grew into the most honest, ethical, and loyal person and company could hope to hire.

It is good that you don't give up, but that is not quite enough. What I mean is you need to be positive and motivated as well, even after a boat load of rejections. Don't worry too much about your restitution fees right now, as long as you scrape together an income and pay something you will probably be okay. Just remember to make your parole obligations you priority, even above paying your other bills. As my signature suggest, how you think about your situation has a lot to do with your reality.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Real Checker For This Useful Post:
clingingtohope (04-01-2015), Summerlove92 (04-04-2015)