Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MARYLAND > Maryland General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Maryland General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Maryland that do not fit into any other Maryland sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-28-2014, 12:53 AM
Perfectlegacy1 Perfectlegacy1 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Texas USA
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Intro--Perfectlegacy1

Hello all,
I'm fairly new to the MD prison system and how it works, I'm a Houston gal, boyfriend(best friend) is locked up at Roxbury. Does anyone know how visits work there, if this three judge panel review doesn't work this week it's four full years of this. Thanks for any info
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 10-29-2014, 12:51 PM
KelceyShumaker KelceyShumaker is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 34
Thanks: 11
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Is he at Maryland Correctional Institution? My husband just got released there a few days ago. I can give you any information you need. As for visits, for GP visiting is Friday-Monday 8-3. Visits are an hour. There is no glass however there is a barrier so you can't hold hands or anything. If it's not busy, they'll let you stay longer.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-07-2014, 05:58 AM
Gees_Wife's Avatar
Gees_Wife Gees_Wife is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Montgomery county Maryland
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlegacy1 View Post
Hello all,
I'm fairly new to the MD prison system and how it works, I'm a Houston gal, boyfriend(best friend) is locked up at Roxbury. Does anyone know how visits work there, if this three judge panel review doesn't work this week it's four full years of this. Thanks for any info
My husband is at MCTC, right across from Roxbury. The visits are Saturday-Monday 8:30-2:00. On the weekends the visits are according to the last number of his SID number. If it's even, you can visit on even weekend dates, if it's odd, you can visit on odd weekend dates. You must be on his visitor list & take your ID with you.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-07-2014, 02:19 PM
Jinty62's Avatar
Jinty62 Jinty62 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Scotland/Baltimore MD
Posts: 301
Thanks: 3,635
Thanked 85 Times in 57 Posts
Default

Hey my hubby is in MCTC as well , the worse place for phone calls
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-07-2014, 04:20 PM
Gees_Wife's Avatar
Gees_Wife Gees_Wife is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Montgomery county Maryland
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinty62 View Post
Hey my hubby is in MCTC as well , the worse place for phone calls
Yea, the once a day maybe twice is a bummer but my calls are very inexpensive.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-07-2014, 04:32 PM
Jinty62's Avatar
Jinty62 Jinty62 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Scotland/Baltimore MD
Posts: 301
Thanks: 3,635
Thanked 85 Times in 57 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gees_Wife View Post
Yea, the once a day maybe twice is a bummer but my calls are very inexpensive.
Yeah we used to have two calls per day but he's now moved to The Hill there only allowed to call once if they don't get through they can't call back. Like you my calls are very cheap to ......
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-07-2014, 05:16 PM
Gees_Wife's Avatar
Gees_Wife Gees_Wife is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Montgomery county Maryland
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinty62 View Post
Yeah we used to have two calls per day but he's now moved to The Hill there only allowed to call once if they don't get through they can't call back. Like you my calls are very cheap to ......
Really? My husband is on the hill too? They probably know each other.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gees_Wife For This Useful Post:
Jinty62 (12-08-2014)
  #8  
Old 12-08-2014, 07:17 AM
Jinty62's Avatar
Jinty62 Jinty62 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Scotland/Baltimore MD
Posts: 301
Thanks: 3,635
Thanked 85 Times in 57 Posts
Default

Oh is he yeah they'll probably know each other how long has he got until he comes home?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-08-2014, 07:42 AM
Gees_Wife's Avatar
Gees_Wife Gees_Wife is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Montgomery county Maryland
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinty62 View Post
Oh is he yeah they'll probably know each other how long has he got until he comes home?
He's got like 9-12 months left. Are u on social media? Let's connect & see if our guys are cool.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-15-2014, 05:55 PM
Perfectlegacy1 Perfectlegacy1 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Texas USA
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

No he's at RCI, he'll be there until his case out of Baltimore city is resolved. They have already put him on a parole hearing list, which I think is great news, so hopefully can happen soon I miss him terribly. His situation really took a toll on my schooling and stress levels this fall
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-25-2015, 11:22 PM
Yoursalways Yoursalways is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Hey

I sent you a private message!! Check it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlegacy1 View Post
No he's at RCI, he'll be there until his case out of Baltimore city is resolved. They have already put him on a parole hearing list, which I think is great news, so hopefully can happen soon I miss him terribly. His situation really took a toll on my schooling and stress levels this fall
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-01-2015, 02:40 PM
Albinomooncrick's Avatar
Albinomooncrick Albinomooncrick is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Harford Co. Maryland
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I'm not sure if it will help for DOC but while I was doing 18 months county time my people on the outside used google voice and used a local number making the calls under a dollar each...before that we were def spending like 6 or 7 a phone call.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Albinomooncrick For This Useful Post:
BryansGRRL (03-30-2015)
  #13  
Old 06-14-2015, 05:07 AM
Jai621 Jai621 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question MCTC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gees_Wife View Post
My husband is at MCTC, right across from Roxbury. The visits are Saturday-Monday 8:30-2:00. On the weekends the visits are according to the last number of his SID number. If it's even, you can visit on even weekend dates, if it's odd, you can visit on odd weekend dates. You must be on his visitor list & take your ID with you.
Hi I'm new to this website but my boyfriend just got transferred there. I was wondering how the visitations were? Are they contact? And how long does he have to be there until he can get a visit?
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-22-2015, 10:07 PM
Mkinmd Mkinmd is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: baltimore Md
Posts: 12
Thanks: 2
Thanked 24 Times in 9 Posts
Default

My son was just sent there and I am going to go broke with the phone calls! How are you ladies finding inexpensive ways to talk? I don't know anything about Google Voice?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-22-2015, 10:10 PM
Jai621 Jai621 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkinmd View Post
My son was just sent there and I am going to go broke with the phone calls! How are you ladies finding inexpensive ways to talk? I don't know anything about Google Voice?
I personally haven't figured it out yet but I know google voice does work they should give you a new number but the one you choose has to have the same area code as the jail I believe
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-07-2015, 04:51 PM
Jinty62's Avatar
Jinty62 Jinty62 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Scotland/Baltimore MD
Posts: 301
Thanks: 3,635
Thanked 85 Times in 57 Posts
Default

For us we have used Skype for years, I have a local number and calls are 51 cents for a full 30mins.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-08-2015, 12:37 AM
Mkinmd Mkinmd is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: baltimore Md
Posts: 12
Thanks: 2
Thanked 24 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Skype? How does that work? you have skype on your end and he just calls the number? Does he have money on his side or are you prepaying on your side?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mkinmd For This Useful Post:
Jinty62 (07-08-2015)
  #18  
Old 07-08-2015, 10:08 AM
Jinty62's Avatar
Jinty62 Jinty62 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Scotland/Baltimore MD
Posts: 301
Thanks: 3,635
Thanked 85 Times in 57 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkinmd View Post
Skype? How does that work? you have skype on your end and he just calls the number? Does he have money on his side or are you prepaying on your side?


I have a Hagerstown number bought through Skype, I opened a pre paid advanced account with GTL in that way he does not need to have money in his account. All calls cost 51cents, I've saved a fortune over the years as I live in Scotland.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jinty62 For This Useful Post:
Mkinmd (07-08-2015)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Intro--Perfectlegacy1 from Texas Perfectlegacy1 Introduce Yourself! 1 10-13-2014 06:47 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:40 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics