Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MARYLAND > Maryland General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Maryland General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Maryland that do not fit into any other Maryland sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:04 AM

Default Intro--- KelceyShumaker Maryland

Hi all, my name is Kelcey and my fiance Nick just got transfered from HCDC to MCI- Hagerstown yesterday. He's already called me twice, thank God. I was getting really worried. He only got 2 years, and we're crossing our fingers for an early parole!! Does anyone have info on where to write him/send commissary $$? I know at HCDC they had a PO Box, and at MRDCC they had an address for writing him and a PO Box to send MO. I just don't want to send it to the wrong place and risk it being lost in the mail. I just signed up for Google Voice and got a 240# so calls would be cheaper. (I live in Sykesville). Sadly, I don't have a car, so if anyone from Baltimore, or surrounding places have a loved one in there wants to carpool, let me know! My fiancee has a odd number. I can totally help with gas! We're making it.... day by day. He's been in and out of jails for the past year, but we're okay. He thinks I'll leave him, but I'm not. As long as I'm showing him I'm here for him by writing him and talking on the phone and helping him with his commissary, he knows he'll be okay. Look forward to hearing from you all!! Also, my boyfriend is a Buddhist and he said that other religions are allowed to wear their respected things (IE: yamacas, rosary beads) and I was wondering if anyone knew if he was allowed to wear a MALA which are buddhist prayer beads. Any information would be AWESOME. Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2013, 04:43 PM
Beautiful N Baby 4Lyfe

MCI-Hagerstown
18601 Roxbury Road
Hagerstown, Md 21746

Just send the money as a Money Order no more than 250$ per money order, I dont know about the beads but I know when you visit you are not allowed to have anything as far as jewelry not even tongue rings.. nothing or your subject to being falsely accused of passing contraband... tell him be careful not to make enemies there because there are a lot of COs doing petty harassing things there...

I him so much, I Keep it out until the come off and we are can FINALLY be FREE to and one another W/O DOC all in our biz until then I live for and every available minute we can have together,no regrets.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:00 AM

Thanks for the information!! I can't see him for a month due to our schedules, which sucks. I need to start working on getting my cartilage earrings out because theyre stuck lol. The beads have to be sent to the chaplain first. I called he told me. He was very nice about it. My husband says he's been doing alright. He does A LOT of favors for his cellmates, so no one is ragging on him yet He has about 8 months left. I'm hoping he'll get transferred closer to me. Thanks again )
Old 09-03-2013, 01:11 PM

Hey girl, I live in West Friendship and I have friends in Frederick and Hagerstown. Maybe I can give you a ride next time I'm going up there & pick you up after the visit. In box and lets chat. Is this his first time locked up? How are you doing!!

By the way, only in Maryland would someone wish their man who is only an hour away could move closer!! In Illinois the closest prison was 3 hrs from Chicago but most are 6-8 hours drive!!! Be thankful its only an hour.
Old 09-26-2013, 11:04 PM

im from harford county as well.. that last name sounds sooo familiar!! me and my g/f were just in hcdc what is his name? .. weboth got out, now she is in allegany county, bout to go to prison
Old 02-06-2017, 04:34 AM

I'm from Harford county to. I was thinking the same thing About the name.