Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MARYLAND > Maryland General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Maryland General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Maryland that do not fit into any other Maryland sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:27 AM

Default We're Doing Research in Maryland

I'm on my way to law and business school, and my husband is awaiting parole. In the mean time, we are working on programs for ex-offenders for both adults and juveniles. We are now researching. Then we will be writing our business plans and grants and talking to the necessary people to get everything up and running.

These programs will be all-inclusive, but they will focus on the "forgottens" of the released--you know, the violent offenders and the juvenile delinquents, etc. Anyways, we need your help.

Please send any recommendations of what we could include in the program. We have a general outline already, but we can use as many ideas as possible. Also, background information of your loved one would also help. You don't have to include their personal information, but a summary of their charges, the time they received, what they were doing before being in prison, any hardships that could have contributed to their incarceration, what they plan to do when they come home, family make-up... Just anything that can turn a couple of "numbers" into people. If we need more info, then we'll write back to you.

Also, tell us what it's like to be waiting. The struggles and the hardships. The ceilings you hit when trying to help your loved one. Basically, anything you want to share, please do. Lastly, since all of this will be going to my husband, an inmate at ECI, please send some words of enouragement. I have noticed that he is beginning to lose sight of our future, and he desperately needs to hear some encouraging words.

Please direct all materials to:
Antonio Jones
ECI #342 434
30420 Revells Neck Rd
Westover, MD 21890

Your assistance is greatly appreciated, and remember, this is for all of you. If we succeed, then there will be a network of employment and school opportunities, programs, housing, family assistance, etc. We are doing this for the people the world has turned their backs on. Let's show them that life is not over once the cage door is opened. Thank you for caring.

Last edited by teo21216; 10-24-2008 at 08:29 AM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to teo21216 For This Useful Post:
DOCSux1 (01-05-2009), micschick (10-27-2008), Taurus38 (10-25-2008)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2008, 11:25 PM

Default Grant Information

Good luck in your endeavor. There are several federal and state government programs that you may consider to submit your business plan and apply for grant funding.

www.grants.gov

Also check into the Small Business Development Center within your area (most are located near a local college/university). You can get assistance with these type of organizations on your business plan format, marketing strategies, and assistance with the Small Business Administration.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:50 PM

Thank you, and we most definitely are. For the next two years, we will be working on our business plan and program proposals, and then we will start the grant-writing. We really want to make a difference, escpecially in Baltimore City and the rest of MD.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:28 PM
Big Daddy's Wife

You are definitley going to need a website for this. I do design them, and have to get off my butt and design one for my husbands case as well.
Also, having watched my husband struggle with release and parole last time, I did notice there wasnt much help for those who get released. For those who served long sentences, they become institutionalized, and it is so hard for them to adapt.They get overwhelmed easily. Things that we find simple, such as ordering food off a menu is overwhelming to them, because it entails lots of choices, and making a decision.

Define Normal? Normal is what you know.

Last edited by DOCSux1; 01-05-2009 at 12:33 PM.. Reason: Add info
Old 11-16-2016, 10:56 PM
Life Lovin
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,235 Times in 1,383 Posts

Media/Journalist/Researchers – Requirements for PTO Membership/Acceptable Conduct
PTO welcomes journalists and/or members of the media to learn and educate themselves about prisons, prisoners, and their loved ones, as well as students and researchers doing research on these subjects.
We do, occasionally, allow media/researchers to request information and personal stories from our members.
Any information obtained from this site must be credited to Prisontalk.com and its members.
Members of the media must obtain permission from PTO Administration before posting requests for information and/or contact details.
Media/Researchers who send unsolicited messages or post requests for information without express permission may be removed from this community.