Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

Old 08-24-2020, 12:32 PM
Site Moderator

Thanked 23,895 Times in 8,398 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond4u View Post
Thank u for ur reply! He has no one around to help him out, even his family is not helping anymore. I want to be there for him and make sure he has everything he needs!
Meh. I wouldn't do this.

From what I can see, you knocked him twice-- first by saying that the relationship was too limited for you. Yes, he closed the door, but what else could he do? If he was limited to letters, he likely felt powerless to fix it. Not sure what changed two years later, but whatever it was you weren't available. And then when you were single again, you fell back on him as your second choice.

Honestly, I'd let it go. He has your number. If he doesn't, it wasn't a priority to him.

**Caveat. Some HWH have blackout periods where the new resident isn't allowed contact with anyone. If that's the case, this is not his choice but a condition of residency. It can be anywhere from 10 to 30 days.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Cutepixie (08-28-2020), Diamond4u (08-24-2020), MizzyMuffling (08-24-2020), saskatchewanian (08-24-2020), sidewalker (08-25-2020)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2020, 12:47 PM
Southern Fried Site Moderator

Thanked 4,050 Times in 1,381 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
I would only add to resend the letter because she sent it the day before his release and is international. He didn't get it. Who knows if they will forward etc. Then leave it there. He'll reach out if he wants to from there.

If she sent it by Jpay thereís a good chance he never got it. They usually move them to a release location just before they get out and takes at least a business for them to get it if they arenít in transit. Then itís taken forever and a day for my LO to get caught up with mail if the location was off.

If it was snail mail, no way he got it.

But one thing sticks out to me ďI called him.Ē

You arenít calling anyone in a Texas prison. Which can only mean illegal cell phone. I seriously doubt anyone using a cell phone in prison is just completely blacked out from communication now. So yeah. Iíd probably resend the letter with snail mail and move on.
Old 08-24-2020, 12:49 PM

Quote:
To me he made a mistake too. Do u agree?

No. He has no obligation to take you back, regardless of what you had going on.

None of us do.

You made your choice. Maybe heíll come around, maybe not. But heís not obligated to, just because you decided you want him back. Put yourself in his shoes. Are you obligated to take back every ex youíve ever had because they know they made a mistake? Because they chose someone else and it didnít work out?

Iíd hope not, or id be married to a couple people right now and dating a lot more out of obligation lol
Old 08-24-2020, 12:57 PM

Quote:
If there is a way to verify his honesty ok I do it but is there really one...? I know he has no one outside for him. I believe he is a sincere person. I just think I broke his heart too many times. I think the situation is actually the opposite. He must be sitting and wondering if Iím really sincere. I want to show him I am. But how?? How can I show him with a great gesture other than flyin to him? Please Trump remove that travel ban so that I can come!

There isnít much of a way, no. Which is why itís just a risk of that type of relationship - not specific to yours. But the risk lessons as you get to know the person more - but when you can only use letters, how much you can know is limited. I mean, you canít even actually know if you want to be with him on the outside because youíve never met him on the outside! Thereís a whole new ďgetting to know youĒ period that you canít avoid.

Iím not doubting that you did break his heart. Regret is a motherfudger sometimes. But trying to read someone elseís mind is a big leap of faith, too. He could just be sitting around forlornly waiting. But he just got out of prison so the odds of that being the case are pretty slim. Even if heís pining after you, life goes on when youíre either trying to rebuild or youíre going back to your own ways.

If he gets your letter and he wants you to be part of his new life, youíll know.

Donít let the ďwhat-ifsĒ steal your ďright now. ď Theyíre all imagined scenarios - your life is the real scenario. Stay busy, take care of yourself, spend time with people you care about. Hopefully youíll hear from him soon.
Old 08-24-2020, 02:02 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Thanked 12,167 Times in 5,090 Posts

You can write to him and see if he wants to be with you. Although you are an ex who has come back because you chose another man and it didnt work out for you. I have had ex's walk back into my life as the new relationship didnt work out. I always wish them well but I never want them back I have moved on and maybe its the same for him. Maybe he doesnt want to go back maybe he wants to move on and only time will tell.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
Diamond4u (08-24-2020)
Old 08-24-2020, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeepingWillow View Post
If she sent it by Jpay thereís a good chance he never got it. They usually move them to a release location just before they get out and takes at least a business for them to get it if they arenít in transit. Then itís taken forever and a day for my LO to get caught up with mail if the location was off.

If it was snail mail, no way he got it.

But one thing sticks out to me ďI called him.Ē

You arenít calling anyone in a Texas prison. Which can only mean illegal cell phone. I seriously doubt anyone using a cell phone in prison is just completely blacked out from communication now. So yeah. Iíd probably resend the letter with snail mail and move on.

Thank u but let me correct u: this was not an illegal call. I called the facility so that we could talk. It took a while but some ppl through this forum helped me out directing me to the right persons and I finally found a way to talk to him legally I repeat! (Feel free to MP me if u need to know more ). I sent him the letter through Jpay and he got it , was one week prior to his release. When we talked he said he canít get into it cause he was not alone (was with someoneís office at the prison) but that we would talk abt it later.
The Following User Says Thank You to Diamond4u For This Useful Post:
WeepingWillow (08-24-2020)
Old 08-24-2020, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytayah View Post
You can write to him and see if he wants to be with you. Although you are an ex who has come back because you chose another man and it didnt work out for you. I have had ex's walk back into my life as the new relationship didnt work out. I always wish them well but I never want them back I have moved on and maybe its the same for him. Maybe he doesnt want to go back maybe he wants to move on and only time will tell.
Thank u so much for ur advice! I started writing him a letter and then I decided not to send it. I feel like heís gonna see me as Ď desperateí and running after him. I am scared it turns him off. But maybe he needs to be reassured, maybe I should send it. To me he is not an ex because we never met in person, it is like it never started for real. I dunno if he sees me as an ex, maybe he does...
Old 08-24-2020, 02:35 PM

Quote:
There isnít much of a way, no. Which is why itís just a risk of that type of relationship - not specific to yours. But the risk lessons as you get to know the person more - but when you can only use letters, how much you can know is limited. I mean, you canít even actually know if you want to be with him on the outside because youíve never met him on the outside! Thereís a whole new ďgetting to know youĒ period that you canít avoid.

Iím not doubting that you did break his heart. Regret is a motherfudger sometimes. But trying to read someone elseís mind is a big leap of faith, too. He could just be sitting around forlornly waiting. But he just got out of prison so the odds of that being the case are pretty slim. Even if heís pining after you, life goes on when youíre either trying to rebuild or youíre going back to your own ways.

If he gets your letter and he wants you to be part of his new life, youíll know.

Donít let the ďwhat-ifsĒ steal your ďright now. ď Theyíre all imagined scenarios - your life is the real scenario. Stay busy, take care of yourself, spend time with people you care about. Hopefully youíll hear from him soon.
Your words are very wise! Thank u! One part of me doesnít Know if it is worth me explaining to him everything. I feel like it is so messed up on my hand and I understand how he can feel.. I regret not telling him I wanted to be with me all that time! I just think that if he sees me he will take me back but the situation is such I canít even take any flight! It is so frustrating. And the fact he thinks Iím coming back to him cause he got released is messed up, actually it complicates everything. But if I tell him that it shows no sympathy for the good news on his life.
Old 08-24-2020, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
Meh. I wouldn't do this.

From what I can see, you knocked him twice-- first by saying that the relationship was too limited for you. Yes, he closed the door, but what else could he do? If he was limited to letters, he likely felt powerless to fix it. Not sure what changed two years later, but whatever it was you weren't available. And then when you were single again, you fell back on him as your second choice.

Honestly, I'd let it go. He has your number. If he doesn't, it wasn't a priority to him.

**Caveat. Some HWH have blackout periods where the new resident isn't allowed contact with anyone. If that's the case, this is not his choice but a condition of residency. It can be anywhere from 10 to 30 days.
Thanks! 10 to 30 days is a long period!! I think Iím gonna try to call the halfway house again.
Old 08-24-2020, 02:40 PM

Default MWI is out of prison & it hurts like hell!!!

Quote:
Thank u but let me correct u: this was not an illegal call. I called the facility so that we could talk. It took a while but some ppl through this forum helped me out directing me to the right persons and I finally found a way to talk to him legally I repeat! (Feel free to MP me if u need to know more ). I sent him the letter through Jpay and he got it , was one week prior to his release. When we talked he said he canít get into it cause he was not alone (was with someoneís office at the prison) but that we would talk abt it later.

It doesnít bother me if you talked to him on a cell phone. I donít know many inmates who havenít touched one at some point in an lengthy prison stay.

But, regardless, you found a way. He will find a way if he needs one. Even during lockdowns they find a way to communicate, whether it be through letters or some other way. They send messages through other people, etc. just like you have always found a way.

Iím not saying to give up hope, just that chasing after someone recklessly can be seen as romantic, or it can be seen as desperate. The difference is probably just in whether or not he still wants to be with you.

If he got your letter, he can write back or find a way to call and yíall can go from there. It sucks to be so far away, especially during Covid. I totally understand that. If he just canít contact you right now, then he will as soon as he possibly can. If he doesnít want to, he wonít I keep repeating it because itís the truth.

You could keep writing and just not send the letters. . Sometimes itís good to get it out. If he contacts you, you could always send what youíve written to show him you havenít forgotten about him. I donít know...itís a hard spot to be in

Last edited by WeepingWillow; 08-24-2020 at 02:49 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to WeepingWillow For This Useful Post:
Diamond4u (08-24-2020)
Old 08-24-2020, 03:04 PM

Quote:
It doesnít bother me if you talked to him on a cell phone. I donít know many inmates who havenít touched one at some point in an lengthy prison stay.

But, regardless, you found a way. He will find a way if he needs one. Even during lockdowns they find a way to communicate, whether it be through letters or some other way. They send messages through other people, etc. just like you have always found a way.

Iím not saying to give up hope, just that chasing after someone recklessly can be seen as romantic, or it can be seen as desperate. The difference is probably just in whether or not he still wants to be with you.

If he got your letter, he can write back or find a way to call and yíall can go from there. It sucks to be so far away, especially during Covid. I totally understand that. If he just canít contact you right now, then he will as soon as he possibly can. If he doesnít want to, he wonít I keep repeating it because itís the truth.

You could keep writing and just not send the letters. . Sometimes itís good to get it out. If he contacts you, you could always send what youíve written to show him you havenít forgotten about him. I donít know...itís a hard spot to be in
Thank u so much... for understanding me right now. I am scared to look Ďdesperateí exactly like u were saying. That phone call we had, it was the day before his release date. It was the first time I could hear he was mad at me like holding the grudge. I thought he would be happy to hear me and excited to hear I got rid of that relationship. Now with ur help I understand I was being naive. I wish I could tell him the truth. But even in that letter he got from me I told him I never stopped loving him. I know it feels like Iím using him to replace that empty bf spot. How could I show him it is not the case? Itís been months Iím actually thinking abt a plan to be with him. I just never took The risk to tell him cause of my fear of my exís possible reaction.
Old 08-24-2020, 03:59 PM

I personally think on again off again relationships are a waste of time. If people want a relationship to work they make it work.

I always put myself in the other person's situation. If he did to you what you did would you want to give him another chance?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Peacefinder For This Useful Post:
Cutepixie (08-28-2020), Diamond4u (08-24-2020), MizzyMuffling (08-24-2020), saskatchewanian (08-24-2020)
Old 08-24-2020, 04:07 PM

I don’t get closure cause we never really started that relationship in real life
Old 08-24-2020, 04:08 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,590 Times in 2,169 Posts

Quote:
I don’t get closure cause we never really started that relationship in real life
Majority of relationships/friendships etc end without closure.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
GuyísGirl74 (08-24-2020), MizzyMuffling (08-24-2020), saskatchewanian (08-24-2020), Taliba00 (08-27-2020)
Old 08-24-2020, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
Majority of relationships/friendships etc end without closure.
I donít want it to end. I want it to start.
Old 08-24-2020, 04:13 PM

Just tried to call his Halfway house again and no answer
Old 08-24-2020, 04:15 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,582 Times in 2,273 Posts

Quote:
I donít want it to end. I want it to start.
Seriously, be an adult and let it go. You've done enough. He knows where to reach you and I personally hate the word closure...
You've got to put your big girl panties on and move on. Life's too short.
AnieLove56 (09-07-2020), GuyísGirl74 (08-24-2020), miamac (08-24-2020), Taliba00 (08-27-2020)
Old 08-25-2020, 07:18 AM

Hi guys! He phoned me today!!! He apologized for being distant lately and that he understands now my situation. I told him the fact he got released has nothing to do with the fact I reconnect he said he needed to hear that. Thank u guys for everything!
The Following User Says Thank You to Diamond4u For This Useful Post:
Jacob's Girl (08-25-2020)
Old 08-25-2020, 07:21 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Hi guys! He phoned me today!!! He apologized for being distant lately and that he understands now my situation. I told him the fact he got released has nothing to do with the fact I reconnect he said he needed to hear that. Thank u guys for everything!
Glad you heard from him. Let him take the lead. He is in a huge transition right now as he is restarting his life. Trust may be an issue, so go slowly so you can rebuild your connection.
The Following User Says Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
Diamond4u (08-25-2020)
Old 08-25-2020, 07:24 AM

I am kinda worried cause now he is on social media I told him so but we will see...
Old 08-25-2020, 07:34 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
I am kinda worried cause now he is on social media I told him so but we will see...
You cannot control anything he does. If you love him and know him, you have to trust him. When we push to hard or try to control, we push people away.

Starting a relationship under the these circumstances you bare under is going to be difficult. You are far apart, you cant travel and he may still be hurt.

As hard as it is, I would try to not to be all invested just yet. Doesn't mean start dating.. it means dont have too high of expectations right now. If he wants you, you'll know and have no doubts.
The Following User Says Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
Taliba00 (08-27-2020)
Old 08-25-2020, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Why is that something you are worried about?
Old 08-25-2020, 08:06 AM

I’m scared he adds many girls or girls add him. I am not a jealous type of person normally but considering those circumstances where he has not a lot of proofs that he can trust me I’m worried. He says he wants to be with me tho
Old 08-25-2020, 08:11 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,582 Times in 2,273 Posts

Please allow me to be blunt: you are going crazy here.. he's free because you dumped him and even though you want him back, he's not giving you that vibe but rather he's keeping you "entertained" in case he wants you back at some point. He's doing all the "normal" stuff a single guy is allowed to do... getting to know new people, enjoying his freedom and moving on.
You are seriously obsessed and you have to let it go already.
AnieLove56 (09-07-2020), Taliba00 (08-27-2020), Visitor611 (09-06-2020)
Old 08-25-2020, 08:14 AM

Default MWI is out of prison & it hurts like hell!!!

Quote:

Iím super happy you heard from him!
I know it can be worrisome when youíve known someone cut off from everyday life and then suddenly theyíre out in the world - but itís a good thing. You want to be with him on the outside, and that includes getting to know him as he engages with the outside world. Choosing you means more when he chooses you over all the other options in the world - and if he doesnít, well honey, you dodged a bullet. Do you want to be with a hostage or with someone free who continues to choose you?

Itíll all work out the way it should.