Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 12-21-2008, 06:04 AM

Default The day after is always the hardest...My hurts simply hurts

Good morning Ladies…I’m really feeling bad today. We had a really nice visit and talked about a lot of things…
My Insecurities
His Insecurities
My Kids
His Family
My Family
Our Future

He even smacked a live bat out of the sky for me yesterday…Yes, that’s right…Yesterday in the visiting room a bat came flying in (It’s an old prison) and while we were at the vending machines the thing came flying around and he pushed me behind him and he smacked it down and they caught it. MY HERO…

But Ladies, since I left him, I am just so sad. I love him so much and I miss him and I am just so freaking lonely all week. I get to talk to him every night for 15 minutes and I know I’m lucky to have this amount of time with him…BUT IT’S STILL SO FREAKING HARD!

He has 6 years left…HOW AM I EVER GOING TO THIS?

How do you all get thru times like this? How do you not hurt so much? Does the time ever get more bearable? I can’t imagine my life without him in it…I will stand by him until the bitter end. I just need a little encouragement from you ladies.

Thanks so much for listening!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2008, 03:20 PM

I know how you feel. The day after is definately difficult. Everyone says you should be so happy cuz u just saw him, but at that same time it's hard missing them. I haven't seen my husband for 5 months now cuz we got our visitation suspended, I am just thankful he only has a year left. He was sentenced to 4 years & it never felt like we'd get down to the last one. I guess i've grown stronger thru this whole experience but nothing changes the fact that i miss him and i still have my days where i cry like a baby...But the end will come and the wait will be worth it, i know that day i go to pick him up will be the greatest feeling. Stay Strong!!!
Old 12-21-2008, 03:31 PM
missin my hubby :(

The drive away from the prison is the hardest for me because I see all the barbed wire and the guards in the towers and I just start crying because I know that he is in there behind all that and that I am going home without him again. I feel helpless because he is so close but I can;t have him. When we are at our visits (behind glass) I get so upset because all that separates us is the damn glass. We have been down 2 yrs but it still hasn't gotten any easier. 5 yrs to go

in love since 2.14.06
Old 12-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Movin forward
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,194 Times in 1,380 Posts

I wish I had some words of advice for you but I've only had an opportunity to see my honey once in 8 years because of distance. The entire week after saying goodbye to him was one of the most trying weeks of my life but at some point I guess I've become numb to the emptiness and have gotten myself back into our routine.

Hang in there.. be blessed that you do get to see him on a regular basis and take strength from the visit to get you through to the next time you see him. I can't say that this life will ever get any easier but I do believe it will get more bearable. In your moments when you feel like your falling apart come here and know there will always be someone to lift you up and get you through whatever you may be going through.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarquicesWife View Post
The drive away from the prison is the hardest for me because I see all the barbed wire and the guards in the towers and I just start crying because I know that he is in there behind all that and that I am going home without him again. I feel helpless because he is so close but I can;t have him. When we are at our visits (behind glass) I get so upset because all that separates us is the damn glass. We have been down 2 yrs but it still hasn't gotten any easier. 5 yrs to go
AHHH, i know how u feel...when he was in county jail and we had visits behind glass it drove me crazy lol...Of course i loved to spend the time with him but just not being able to touch killed me. It feels like you are so close but yet so far!!
Old 12-22-2008, 04:01 PM
You+Me+Love = Forever

Thanked 1,117 Times in 850 Posts

Yes I can totally relate. I thought once we got contact visits all would be so happy and good but actually it seems worse than before.

*~Courtesy of Stinkerbell~*

Old 12-22-2008, 11:52 PM
loving him more and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricoswifey View Post
AHHH, i know how u feel...when he was in county jail and we had visits behind glass it drove me crazy lol...Of course i loved to spend the time with him but just not being able to touch killed me. It feels like you are so close but yet so far!!
I totally understand where you are coming from. He's still in county and seeing him behind that glass is the worst thing ever. We had a Christmas contact visit last Monday and now Wednesday I have to go back to this dang restricted visit again. I dont know how this is gonna be. I know it'll be hard again

You just have to be strong and remember that everything happens for a reason. You can get through this. This is just a minor sitback that you must overcome. If you ever need someone to talk to, Im always here

Last edited by adamswifey08; 12-22-2008 at 11:54 PM.. Reason: addng more nfo
Old 12-23-2008, 12:19 PM
MISSING HIM

I miss my husband a lot the next few days after a visit. I try to think of what a good visit we had and look forward to the next. I told him last week that after a visit or a call I feel sad as if he was taken away from me all over again. Then I told him that I cherish every moment and wouldn't give any of that up. I do feel that getting a letter is different because with a letter it's yours. No one can tell you how long you have to read it, and no one can take it away from you. It's yours to hold and read it when ever you want. So after a visit or a phone call and I'm feeling sad I get out one of his letters and read it. I usually feel a little better.

Old 12-23-2008, 03:37 PM

I wish I had the magic words to make it all better, but I don't. After 3 years, 10 months, it hasn't gotten any easier for me. As I drive away from the prison, my heart always breaks. But, I know that one day I'll be driving away with him in the car with me. That's the moment I live for. Everyday is one day closer to that dream. 6 years may seem like a long time, but it'll go by faster than you think. You're strong enough to do this. Your love will carry you a long way. Never feel like you ALWAYS have to be strong, though. Sometimes letting it all out is what you need. So cry, scream, hit something, vent about your frustrations. It's okay to feel sorry for yourself sometimes, as long as you can bring yourself back up. We're all going through this together. We know your pain and hurt and we'll always be here when you need a shoulder to cry on.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:47 PM
He's the reason I breathe

Default Wow....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarie View Post
Good morning Ladies…I’m really feeling bad today. We had a really nice visit and talked about a lot of things…
My Insecurities
His Insecurities
My Kids
His Family
My Family
Our Future

He even smacked a live bat out of the sky for me yesterday…Yes, that’s right…Yesterday in the visiting room a bat came flying in (It’s an old prison) and while we were at the vending machines the thing came flying around and he pushed me behind him and he smacked it down and they caught it. MY HERO…

But Ladies, since I left him, I am just so sad. I love him so much and I miss him and I am just so freaking lonely all week. I get to talk to him every night for 15 minutes and I know I’m lucky to have this amount of time with him…BUT IT’S STILL SO FREAKING HARD!

He has 6 years left…HOW AM I EVER GOING TO THIS?

How do you all get thru times like this? How do you not hurt so much? Does the time ever get more bearable? I can’t imagine my life without him in it…I will stand by him until the bitter end. I just need a little encouragement from you ladies.

Thanks so much for listening!!!

Girl may I say you are preachin to the choir!!! I know exactly how you feel, I was just telling my love the other day how sad I am everytime I have to leave him. When we give each other that last goodbye hug @ the end of visit I just almost breakdown everytime...he always holds me so tight & strong & I almost lose my ish!!!! I am pretty much suffering from the same thing you are, my love has 6 more yrs if he doesn't get parole first...so I can feel EXACTLY where you are coming from. Normally, when I feel like this, I write him a letter or devote my time to doing something to help him get out, so you can imagine he gets about 4,325 letters a week from me...LOL!! I usually try to keep myself occupied, but there are times I almost have panic attacks b/c I miss him so much. As long as I keep occupied or busy I'm cool b/c I know I will talk to him at night & that will make it better or I just count down days until the next Sunday when I can hold him again!!! It will eventually get easier as time goes by....I THINK!! Thats what I tell myself anyway!!!

Keep your head up doll & stay strong...never leave his side, ride it out the entire way through!!!